2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Clam Down

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/04, 01:32 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mongoose@October 31, 2004, 5:49 PM
I agree. Some of you guys are just plain NUTS. It is just a car. If you had placed your order back in May as I did you would be in your ride now rather than P & M about it. Blame yourself as thats where it belongs. If you get all bent out of shape over a car what are you going to do when something serious comes along? You know they have to fill the 25000 plus preorders before anyone else. The dealers will not have theirs for months. The ones that do preordered in May
By the way it is a nice ride but I do not sleep in it.
05 GT in ST. Louis.
<rant>
i ordered mine back in may the first day that we could got a vin number my car was made the 2nd week of production and i still have no frickin car why why i ask?
why whould i be calm... when all you see is people that just ordered on a month or 2 back getting them allready... what ever happend to first come first served???</rant>
Old 11/1/04, 01:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by maverick351ci+November 1, 2004, 2:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (maverick351ci @ November 1, 2004, 2:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mongoose@October 31, 2004, 5:49 PM
I agree. Some of you guys are just plain NUTS. It is just a car. If you had placed your order back in May as I did you would be in your ride now rather than P & M about it. Blame yourself as thats where it belongs. If you get all bent out of shape over a car what are you going to do when something serious comes along? You know they have to fill the 25000 plus preorders before anyone else. The dealers will not have theirs for months. The ones that do preordered in May
By the way it is a nice ride but I do not sleep in it.
05 GT in ST. Louis.
<rant>
i ordered mine back in may the first day that we could got a vin number my car was made the 2nd week of production and i still have no frickin car why why i ask?
why whould i be calm... when all you see is people that just ordered on a month or 2 back getting them allready... what ever happend to first come first served???</rant> [/b][/quote]
what he said :bang:
Old 11/1/04, 04:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

While I can understand Arvil's intent in the original post, for most of us, this is not 'just a car'.

I am 50 years old and have owned just about every American made muscle car over those years (over 100 different vehicles) but I have never had a Mustang. Weird, huh? I just could never find one that made me 'feel' something like so many of the other cars did. And if I DID find one I liked, it was either the wrong time to buy, in the wrong condition, already sold, or something like that. So, I just pretty much ignored the Mustang and focused on Chevies, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, and Fords. Oh, I lusted after the mighty Mopar's but they are scarcer than chicken teeth around here.

But when I saw the '05 Mustang at the Auto Show in Detroit back in January of this year, I was hit and hit HARD. Suddenly, a Mustang was an obsession of sorts. I fell in love with the '03/'04 Cobras for some reason (ok, it's because of the monster DOHC motor - I admit it!) but the '05 was always there.

So, I think that may explain it for most here - this is NOT just a car; it's a passion. It's not an unhealthy obsession; it's a love for a vehicle that evokes emotion and feelings; for some, it evokes great and fond memories of the late '60's Mustangs. And for others, it's just that the car is so different from all the other rounded-off, slope nosed (i.e., GTO?) cars that predominate the roads these days.

When you see an '05 Mustang, there is no confusing it with all the other cars on the road. It is distinct. It is unique. It is different.

And it is to so many people, the car that they had never seen before but knew they always wanted.

So that is why those of us who 'get' the 2005 Mustang can not help ourselves and can not calm down. To us, this car is so much more.

It is a PASSION. :worship:
Old 11/1/04, 04:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Steve@November 1, 2004, 6:23 AM
While I can understand Arvil's intent in the original post, for most of us, this is not 'just a car'.

I am 50 years old and have owned just about every American made muscle car over those years (over 100 different vehicles) but I have never had a Mustang. Weird, huh? I just could never find one that made me 'feel' something like so many of the other cars did. And if I DID find one I liked, it was either the wrong time to buy, in the wrong condition, already sold, or something like that. So, I just pretty much ignored the Mustang and focused on Chevies, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, and Fords. Oh, I lusted after the mighty Mopar's but they are scarcer than chicken teeth around here.

But when I saw the '05 Mustang at the Auto Show in Detroit back in January of this year, I was hit and hit HARD. Suddenly, a Mustang was an obsession of sorts. I fell in love with the '03/'04 Cobras for some reason (ok, it's because of the monster DOHC motor - I admit it!) but the '05 was always there.

So, I think that may explain it for most here - this is NOT just a car; it's a passion. It's not an unhealthy obsession; it's a love for a vehicle that evokes emotion and feelings; for some, it evokes great and fond memories of the late '60's Mustangs. And for others, it's just that the car is so different from all the other rounded-off, slope nosed (i.e., GTO?) cars that predominate the roads these days.

When you see an '05 Mustang, there is no confusing it with all the other cars on the road. It is distinct. It is unique. It is different.

And it is to so many people, the car that they had never seen before but knew they always wanted.

So that is why those of us who 'get' the 2005 Mustang can not help ourselves and can not calm down. To us, this car is so much more.

You nailed it !
Old 11/1/04, 04:56 AM

Originally posted by Steve@November 1, 2004, 5:23 AM

Cmon' preach it brother!

Do you think Henry Ford had any idea what kind of passion, emotion, love/hate relationship he created as he was tinkering in his barn with that first Model A?

A hundred years ago I don't hink anyone was dreaming aboout and 05 Mustang GT.

A Mustang will be my next car. For all accounts the 05 Mustang is breath of fresh air, a much needed redesign.

I just bring myself to put zero down and make 72 mo of payments. When I can afford it, I will buy one.

Old 11/1/04, 05:54 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I believe I may just calm myself on off for a while. WTF is the point of obsessing over something like this? Its insane, and I honestly believe its unhealthy. Sure isn't gonna get me my car faster.
April, don't lose your excitement. I plan on visiting this forum daily until you have YOUR car and everyone else too.

I kinda feel like we are all Mustang Family here. Excitement and anticipation is just all part of the fun.!!
Old 11/1/04, 06:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Donna@November 1, 2004, 7:57 AM
I believe I may just calm myself on off for a while. WTF is the point of obsessing over something like this? Its insane, and I honestly believe its unhealthy. Sure isn't gonna get me my car faster.
April, don't lose your excitement. I plan on visiting this forum daily until you have YOUR car and everyone else too.

I kinda feel like we are all Mustang Family here. Excitement and anticipation is just all part of the fun.!!
Someday. Not today, not tomorrow.
My olds is worthless, and I have to keep it. I think its back to the original plan- next spring, because I gotta dump all my money into paying it down and being able to have two payments without having to (gasp) get a commute job. Probably would be smart to get rid of the other house, and get my bills paid a few months ahead before I plunge on it too.

The only brightside will be, by the time it happens, they will most likely have manuals with IUP again.

see my signature- means literally, the grass is always greener. I think I have it bad driving my car, and would have it good driving the mustang, but you never know..........may be a blessing in disguise I didn't get it last week.
Old 11/1/04, 06:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Mustangs are a fun factor type car but you cannot have fun in them until you give the Ford Plant time to make them. Once a mustang is made and delivered to you then you can have your "fun!" The people on this forum are not the only ones that have ordered mustangs. Geesh!
Old 11/1/04, 07:25 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Arvil19@October 31, 2004, 2:40 PM
Dont call me sir.. Im only 24
Sir isn't reserved for people that are old, it's addressing someone with respect. A military officer can be as young as 22 and be called sir by their enlisted troops that are in their 30's and 40's.
Old 11/1/04, 07:26 AM

It's hard to be calm when I ordered my pony day 1 and still don't have it. It's bad when I'm in the middle of the state which is nothing but sod, sugar cane and corn farms and see a local driving this American icon. They more than likely just went to a dealership, saw it, drove it, and bought it. You would think there would be a little more to pre-ordering a car besides picking the options.
Old 11/1/04, 07:28 AM

I used to get a woopin for not being respectful in this manner. I don't resent my folks for it. This is the problem today, people see this mannerism as age dating someone as opposed to being respectful.
Old 11/1/04, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Im clam already.
Old 11/1/04, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford:

First ordeed, rarely delivered
Old 11/1/04, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I will clam down when I'm lboody wlle ready to
Old 11/1/04, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Eric B@November 1, 2004, 10:57 AM
I will clam down when I'm lboody wlle ready to
Where's Rakim?
Old 11/1/04, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

My father just called me and he is getting his today. He put his order in January and now is finally getting his. They told his dealership that the first 3 to 5000 units made are put through this quality assurance program that makes sure that everything is smooth and works properly. I like how they have these programs especially when a totally redesigned model comes out.

So for all the people who put their orders in early this is probably happening to your car. PATIENCE. :bang:
Old 11/1/04, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Im clammed down but im oystered up.
Old 11/1/04, 01:09 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts