2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car cover for garage storage?

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/07, 05:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Got mine from KC. Lightweight and does the job!

Hey Bill. How does that little door ding stopper work? It looks like it just leans on the car.
Old 2/18/07, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QuarterHorse
Whats the price on the Wolf cover? Is is the Dustop cover?
I don't remember exactly, but I beleive it was between 40 and 80. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I really do beleive one of those would be a good investment. I'm really happy with it. Good Luck!!!!
Old 2/18/07, 07:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Hey Bill. How does that little door ding stopper work? It looks like it just leans on the car.
Works great! Yes, just leans against the car. Not only does it protect against door dings, but from my door edge too (when used as a buffer between the adjacent truck that's parked next to me).

Made from a pool floatie noodle, some PCV tubing, 90deg elbows, glue, and rubber (chair leg end) caps; about $7 total material.

Closer up pic...
Old 2/19/07, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
I am going to get a car capsule. It is like a force field that protects your car from dust, dirt, moisture, insects, rats, mice and even the most dangerous threat to your car "KIDS" It has a fan and filter that equilize the air and keeps it at the right humidity that prevents rust, mold and mildew. When it is inflated it can deflect a 5 pound sledge hammer when it is dropped on it. This thing is like the force field that kept darth vader from bombing Hoth in star wars. It costs about as much as an expensive car cover.
That's some extreme car care for sure. Even i have not thought of that and anyone who knows me, knows my Baby is spoiled rotten! If you try it, i am curious how it works out. It is appealing in that is keeps bugs off and here in the South, this is an ongoing issue.

I don't use a car cover. Collectors of million dollar cars have told me if you can put in the effort to keep a regular detail and climate control, then no worries about scratching from covers or lack of breathability of the paint. At the same time, each Brat has her own self contained garage too;- no worries about sharing with other vehicles to result in door dings.
Old 2/19/07, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for completeness, here is the official Ford Mustang cover:

http://www.fordaccessories.com/produ...icleCover.aspx