2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car arrived... but not how I ordered it!

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/05, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Zip34@February 17, 2005, 5:39 PM
I'm on my way out the door to the dealer right now. Hopefully, it was just a mistake and he can order me the one I want (I'm definately not getting the one that arrived). I'll check back here after I get home from the dealer and I'll let everyone know what happened.

Justin
good luck, stand your ground.
Old 2/17/05, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-order but this time get the side air bags with your kind of luck you just never know. Try and work it out with the family friend.

Good luck on the next one
Old 2/17/05, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

It doesn't sound like its the car you ordered. Check the vin on the car against your dora. I'm willing to bet the numbers are different. If you want IUP and ICAP then get another order placed or search all the dealer lots near you. It's a matter of personal preference and your willingness to wait.
Old 2/17/05, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Zip34@February 17, 2005, 4:31 PM
Hey everyone. This is one of my first posts, but I've been visiting for a while. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what I should do.

Here is the problem: I ordered a satin silver GT auto with IUP and ICAP on DECEMBER 22. When the car came in, it didn't have either the IUP or the ICAP!! :bang: I asked my dealer why and he told me that Ford put a stop to ALL interior upgrade packages due to the lawsuit about the mycolor option. I have a copy of the order sheet, so I know it wasn't improperly ordered, but has anybody else heard of Ford discontinuing ALL interior upgrades?

The interior is one of the biggest reasons I ordered the mustang. I would LOVE to finally have one, but if it isn't what I really want then why should I buy it? :scratch:

If anybody has any information that might help me in my quest for the interior upgrades, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Thanks in advance,
Justin
DONT GET THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!! You will regret it. I have the same car as you ordered. Just click on my website below to see pictures (The Legend Lives). Beleive me. You will regret it. The ICAP with the satin silver and IUP is way awesome.
Old 2/17/05, 05:20 PM
CME
GT Member

The week before I ordered mine I began to think hard about that combo. Silver with ICAP , but decided I liked Lime better. As far as them discontinuing anything my dealer got a Black GT with IUP ICAP just a few days ago.
Old 2/17/05, 05:21 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Just curious. Who's the dealer?
Old 2/17/05, 07:15 PM
GT Member

Ok everybody, I JUST returned from searching other lots in the area, and from the dealer that I ordered from (Kistler Ford in Toledo, Oh.). None of the dealers in my area really new anything about the IUP being discontinued for any length of time. They were all telling me that nobody is ordering it with the IUP around here so they haven't encountered the problem.

The dealer I ordered from was the last stop (I wanted as much info from other dealers as I could gather before I went there). The first thing I did was to pass on the car that was there. The dealer then swore up and down that he has had no notification that Ford has resumed production of the IUP.

I told him that I didn't want to buy something that I didn't order, so I made him re-order my car. Hopefully my car will come in this time.

So now my wait begins... again!

Justin
Old 2/17/05, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Zip34@February 17, 2005, 8:18 PM
Ok everybody, I JUST returned from searching other lots in the area, and from the dealer that I ordered from (Kistler Ford in Toledo, Oh.). None of the dealers in my area really new anything about the IUP being discontinued for any length of time. They were all telling me that nobody is ordering it with the IUP around here so they haven't encountered the problem.

The dealer I ordered from was the last stop (I wanted as much info from other dealers as I could gather before I went there). The first thing I did was to pass on the car that was there. The dealer then swore up and down that he has had no notification that Ford has resumed production of the IUP.

I told him that I didn't want to buy something that I didn't order, so I made him re-order my car. Hopefully my car will come in this time.

So now my wait begins... again!

Justin
I think I would have definately gone somewhere else if I were in your shoes
Old 2/17/05, 09:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

The only way your order could have changed mid-stream was for your dealer to change it without your permission. It's your money but I would seriously consider going to a different dealer. Somebody treats you like that this early in your ownership relationship it can't be a promising sign.
Old 2/17/05, 09:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey, Zip.
First off most of the dealers in your area who have GT's ordered them with IUP.
If you're willing to live w/o the ICAP (shouldn't be that hard to do) here's one at Spirit Ford in Dundee, MI. Says it's only 21 miles from Toledo.
2005 Satin Silver Mustang w/ auto & IUP
Keep searching. I found that one by checking the first 20 dealers around Toledo and that took less than 10 minutes.
Also, if you have more than one color you'd like, or are willing to change some other option, and you'll drive a little ways for the car, trust me. You can find one on a lot.
Good Luck.
Old 2/17/05, 10:02 PM

Way to stand your ground. You'll be happier in the long run.
Old 2/17/05, 10:16 PM

BTW, When my dealer first tried to order mine, the system would not let him add IUP. He said it was because of the lawsuit which I believed since I had just read about it on this forum. After a couple of weeks of more reading and everybody saying it was just a farce, I went back to the dealer and told him to try to add it to my order and it worked. So now I'm C/U with no serial but at least I'm going to get what I want. THANK'S TO THIS FORUM!!!
Old 2/18/05, 01:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Good Luck Zip34. Sorry for this situation. The feedback you got on this thread was right. My car was just built with I.U.P. on 1/27. That dealer did you wrong.
Old 2/18/05, 02:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy

Hope it's better the 2nd time around!
They should give you a discount or some kind
of comp, for the extra wait!
Happy Trails!!
Old 2/18/05, 07:10 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After reading your posts I still don't understand why you would not have not gone to a different dealership. Friend or not, this is business and it would appear he does not have all of his facts together. I would have gone elsewhere.
Old 2/18/05, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Good luck ! and may the force be with you.... :jedi:
Old 2/18/05, 08:46 AM
GT Member

I got a call from my dealer this morning, and he said he is placing the order for my car in place of an exhisting order that was going to be put in next week (Monday). Apparently only so many cars get allocated to dealerships every month, so he said he was glad he could swap the order. This way (according to him) I won't lose my spot on the "waiting list".

Apparently it was his call to build the car w/o IUP, and ICAP since it was on hold when I placed my order. I guess he didn't think it was a big deal to order w/o IUP since they have an aftermarket guy doing it for them since the hold was initiated. The only thing I would have given up is the red leather. I guess he thought he was doing me a favor.

For me, this was unacceptable. It's a beautiful car, but I'm just not a fan of black leather (which it had). I want to be just as happy inside the car as I am staring at it from the outside!

Now I just have to find a way to pass the time...
Old 2/18/05, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Zip34@February 18, 2005, 9:49 AM
I got a call from my dealer this morning, and he said he is placing the order for my car in place of an exhisting order that was going to be put in next week (Monday). Apparently only so many cars get allocated to dealerships every month, so he said he was glad he could swap the order. This way (according to him) I won't lose my spot on the "waiting list".

Apparently it was his call to build the car w/o IUP, and ICAP since it was on hold when I placed my order. I guess he didn't think it was a big deal to order w/o IUP since they have an aftermarket guy doing it for them since the hold was initiated. The only thing I would have given up is the red leather. I guess he thought he was doing me a favor.

For me, this was unacceptable. It's a beautiful car, but I'm just not a fan of black leather (which it had). I want to be just as happy inside the car as I am staring at it from the outside!

I believe I read somewhere (maybe on this site) that it was really dangerous for the dealers to do after market IUP on the dash. Apparently when Ford puts the aluminum on the dash, it requires a change in the workings of the passenger side airbag. If a dealer does so, I am almost certain they would not mess with altering the airbag, but just merely slap aluminum on the dash. Think of the liability if some takes a faceplant on the dash because a dealer didn't know what they were doing.
Old 2/18/05, 09:19 AM
GT Member

That's true. I didn't think of the air bags. They showed me a V6 that they did it on and it looked great, but the safety didn't cross my mind at the time. That makes me even more glad I just re-ordered.
Old 2/18/05, 09:53 AM
cti
V6 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+February 18, 2005, 10:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ February 18, 2005, 10:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zip34@February 18, 2005, 9:49 AM

I believe I read somewhere (maybe on this site) that it was really dangerous for the dealers to do after market IUP on the dash. Apparently when Ford puts the aluminum on the dash, it requires a change in the workings of the passenger side airbag. If a dealer does so, I am almost certain they would not mess with altering the airbag, but just merely slap aluminum on the dash. Think of the liability if some takes a faceplant on the dash because a dealer didn't know what they were doing.
[/b][/quote]

The aftermarket IUP that I have seen on here is just pieaces of metal and they 3m them to the dash parts. the pass airbag spot has two pieces that seperate in the middle shouldn't be a issue. I don't think.