Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tpms Problem

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/15, 12:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Tpms Problem

A few months ago I purchased supersnake wheels. I ordered a set of 4 tpms sensors off ebay using the correct oem part no. to search with.

When they arrived they did not come in oem ford packaging but had madr in u.k. decals which made me think they were genuine.

I then took the wheels to discount tire who fitted everything. An employee told me they are not oem tpms sensors and its likely I will have problems with them based on his experience.

For a couple of days everything was fine then the error message comes up.

I ordered the tpma tool from ford and tried to reset them but it ia not working. Has anyone else had thia problem?

What tpms sensors did you use?
Old 7/23/15, 06:31 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My wheels and tire package are from American Muscle and I added the TPMS they sell to my order and they shipped to my house already mounted with TPMS installed and ready to install on my car. I haven't had any problems with the TPMS since I got them.

You can order just the TPMS from them separately and have the shop install them for you and you should be good to go.
Old 7/23/15, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maverick1125
My wheels and tire package are from American Muscle and I added the TPMS they sell to my order and they shipped to my house already mounted with TPMS installed and ready to install on my car. I haven't had any problems with the TPMS since I got them.

You can order just the TPMS from them separately and have the shop install them for you and you should be good to go.
Same here. It's a great tool... Worked fine for me. Works on a signal like a radio remote. You just have to follow the instructions Exacty and the dash prompts you which wheel to sync & which order.
Old 7/23/15, 11:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my experience eBay is a bad way to go for things like that. There are a lot of sellers that quote factory part numbers that they are "similar" to which is their qualifier. If it stated Ford OEM then you can file an eBay claim to get your money back. Ive had the AM sensors in my wheel and tire kit for 6 months + now and had zero problems they synced right up with the tool and i tested each one by dropping the pressure individual and it works just as it should.