2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Buying Help!

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/05, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know of a Pacific Northwest Ford Dealer willing to give a good price (say $500 over dealer invoice w/holdback) on a new GT order? Getting discouraged shopping around...most dealers seem to want at least $1,000 above MSRP....they say they don't want to burn out thier allocation numbers with a sales price below MSRP. I have made a few firm offers and don't even get counter offers from the dealerships. Obviously it is a sellers market right now - would like to buy but the wife says I can only spend $25K if I still want to also keep my pickup (yes, she is the boss ). Wish to order 05 GT Premium with IUP and antitheft. Is this doable? Any names/ideas?
Old 1/20/05, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought from a small town dealership. He had an allocation of exactly 1, however, the last mustang he sold was 3 years ago (to me) so him burning his 1 allocation on me was no big deal to him. (Its a truck and suv town) I have always found small town dealerships to want to negotate more, than larger city dealers. In the city around here, most prices are close to MSRP. I was able to get over $2000 under MSRP at the small town dealer.
Old 1/20/05, 04:00 PM
Cobra Member

Use forddirect or use a newspaper, find all the local dealerships and call and ask about pricing. Also try the regional chat forum as that’s what the forum is for not this forum.
Old 1/20/05, 04:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

You will probably get many different answers depending on where someone lives (dealer size, city vs rural). I live in a somewhat small city and went to five dealers within 50 miles. Three were at MSRP, one was $1300 below MSRP and the one I went with was $1850 below (no plan). My local dealer who I have bought two cars from and have all my service done for the past 13 years was at MSRP. This was in November so maybe things have changed. Driving by them recently, only one had a Mustang (V6). Good Luck with the search.
Old 1/20/05, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

i would suggest emailing every dealer within 100miles saying that you will pay x number of dollars and if they can do that to contact you.

that's what i did
Old 1/20/05, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Once again dealers rarely respond to emails phone is more personal.
Old 1/20/05, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

true, i guess i was lucky enough one of them wanted some business, and responded within 48hrs.
Old 1/20/05, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I and other people have had good experience with Courtesy Ford down in Portland. I think they even have 2 or 3 V6's and a GT on the lot.
Old 1/20/05, 05:51 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just do some phonework. I went on to Ford's dealer locator and kept typing in all the ZIP codes within 100 miles of me. I called 22 different dealers and found 3 that would do $500 over invoice (ask for the sales manager). Get the persons name that says yes and pay them a visit later that afternoon with your $500 deposit and you should be good to go. Make sure before you show up you ask them about their allocations and how long you think it will take for Ford to schedule your order. You won't get a GT Premium for $25000 OTD, but go for the Deluxe, upgrade to the leather if you want, and save some $$$. Forget about the Shaker, too many people seem to have problems. Besides the door panels look cleaner w/out that ugly sub in the door. I'll be upgrading in the A/M anyway. Good Luck.
Old 2/22/05, 11:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by RottenRonny@January 20, 2005, 4:56 PM
I bought from a small town dealership. He had an allocation of exactly 1, however, the last mustang he sold was 3 years ago (to me) so him burning his 1 allocation on me was no big deal to him. (Its a truck and suv town) I have always found small town dealerships to want to negotate more, than larger city dealers. In the city around here, most prices are close to MSRP. I was able to get over $2000 under MSRP at the small town dealer.
Curios as to which small town ? used to work for Dept Highways Bridge builing and be careful on the number #1 with the road sensors that we put in on the highway each direction toward MooseJaw they have the ability to rate your speed and even hook it up to photo if the wanted. It was originally designed for counting the Truck axles weight aand speed so then the lights would come on to let know if they have to pull in or not ! This may be usefull down the road. I plan a nice drive back this summer maybe we can race down Albert St. Do people still hang out at the Leg Build ? takes me back.
Old 2/22/05, 12:43 PM

Rn4,

Call Fred in Texas.

Fred Frederickson
281-319-9652 Direct
ffrederickson@teamfordtexas.com

I live in Los Angeles and the dealers out here were jerking me around, I got sick of it. Fred hooked me up with a fully loaded GT at 500 over invoice, I would of been able to get it at invoice if I would of listened to him better... just make sure you sign up for AHQ or whatever its called, you get a 500 rebate from ford, so you can get it for around invoice. Give him a call and see what he can do for you, hes really honest and will get you an awesome price. He was able to get one built for me and shipped really fast, even during the height of the whole IUP craze. Tell him Jason in Cali sent you. I'm sure some people in this forum can vouch for him.

don't let those dealers push you around and don't pay over MSRP