2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Brake Problem showed up this morning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/06, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Problem showed up this morning!!!

On the way into work this morning, I was just cruising on the freeway and DING.... my Brake, ABS, and Traction control lights all light up and the computer is displaying "CHECK BRAKE SYSTEM"

Everything seems to still work fine but I am growing more worried as I finish my drive to work. Once at work, I pulled out my XCal II to try to read any codes the computer has thrown and nothing. Not a thing. Tried stopping and starting it several times with the same results.

Anyone have this happen to them? I'm dreading taking it to Ford for the rash of crap they could potentially give me for the endless mods to the car.

I'm debating driving home and putting on my stock airbox and seeing if I can even flash the computer back to the stock tune and taking it in.

Any thoughts?
Old 8/23/06, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by vistapony
On the way into work this morning, I was just cruising on the freeway and DING.... my Brake, ABS, and Traction control lights all light up and the computer is displaying "CHECK BRAKE SYSTEM"
I don't guess you checked your brake fluid? A lot of folks have had issues with too much brake fluid in the cap for the 2005+ cars...
Old 11/25/06, 11:29 PM

Just happened to me. Driving to work, 4-5 inches of fresh snow on the highway. Slowed down to make a turn, hit the gas to get the rear to swing around, then the abs, tcs light in gauges light up, plus the tcs button lit up in off position. Brake system did NOT light up though.

This is an '07 GT with the manual 5 speed. Everything seemed to be working normally, with the exception of all the lights on. Once at work, I shut the car off. Started it back up and lights all went off.

No clue what set it off. car has 1800 miles.
Old 11/26/06, 01:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bentpushrod
Just happened to me. Driving to work, 4-5 inches of fresh snow on the highway. Slowed down to make a turn, hit the gas to get the rear to swing around, then the abs, tcs light in gauges light up, plus the tcs button lit up in off position. Brake system did NOT light up though.

This is an '07 GT with the manual 5 speed. Everything seemed to be working normally, with the exception of all the lights on. Once at work, I shut the car off. Started it back up and lights all went off.

No clue what set it off. car has 1800 miles.

i had the same thing happen when i was at the track lots of wheel spin and hop caused the same thing to happen abs light came on... message center said check brake system.i was freaking out thinking that i broke something...disconnected the battery, nothing.let it sit nothing...i then drove it maybe 200 ft. stopped normally like you would when you come to a stop and everything went off have and i have not had a problem since..... also it would not allow me to turn on the traction control either but like i said i drove around and it went off and no problems since........