2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Brake fluid leak '07 - not where you think

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/06, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brake fluid leak '07 - not where you think

Noticed a small puddle under the driver's side front. Upon investigation - touch, smell, & damage - it was obviously brake fluid.

Just got back from droping the car off. My'07 with 711 miles already getting serviced. What the hell FORD? It maybe just the o-rings, but will need some paint work. It is not leaking from the cap like all the posts I've seen. I got an 07 F150 to drive until they fix it (nothing like the pony). None of the service guys were actually there, so I'll see what they say when they call tomorrow. I swear, I can't have anythng nice. The more attention and care I give to something the more **** I end up dealing with. Oh well, as long as they cover under the waranty I'll live.
Attached Thumbnails Brake fluid leak '07 - not where you think-img_3690-large-.jpg   Brake fluid leak '07 - not where you think-img_3689-large-.jpg   Brake fluid leak '07 - not where you think-img_3691-large-.jpg   Brake fluid leak '07 - not where you think-1.jpg  
Old 10/20/06, 10:52 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully they take care of everything for you.
Please keep us posted just in case anyone else runs into this problem
Old 10/31/06, 08:34 PM

My Mustang has barely over 1000 miles on it...i bought it new on July 11th...I've got to enjoy it maybe 3 weeks since buying it and it has been in the shop for this and that ever since....Where it is right now...My dealer is 90 miles away...so main reason for milage so far... Hopefully yours won't end up in shop as much as mine....
Old 10/31/06, 08:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kind of weird when I see people report all these problems. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are tons of us with no problems (with the exception of the known little character flaws we've seen reported time and time again).
Old 11/1/06, 02:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
It looks like the installer did not seat the flared fittings properly.
Old 11/1/06, 07:09 AM
GT Member

BTW, the is a fitting on the BOTTOM pass side of the brake fluid reservoir that leaks too. (So does the cap, but there is a solution to that leak) Ford has people working on a solution.
I was at a Ford car show (took 1st) and there was someone from Ford checking 05+ Mustangs to see how many had the leak. When he found a leak, he wrote down the VIN and told each owner what I just wrote. BTW: all the ones he saw were leaking.
Old 11/1/06, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hang in there Todd. That paint damage looks fixable. And, your dealer should be able to repair those fittings.

I have no complaints about my '05 GT. The one and only problem in a year and a half has been the brake fluid reservoir cap leak, and that's been taken care of by my dealer. Other than that, the car runs like a Swiss watch. Best car I'ver ever owned.

But, I do worry about the extent of that brake fluid reservoir thing. It may end up being a recall, and that is about the last thing that Ford needs right now. They are about two weeks away from going bankrupt. I forget what their last quarterly loss was, maybe a couple of hundred million?
Old 11/1/06, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Northwest GT
Hang in there Todd. That paint damage looks fixable. And, your dealer should be able to repair those fittings.

I have no complaints about my '05 GT. The one and only problem in a year and a half has been the brake fluid reservoir cap leak, and that's been taken care of by my dealer. Other than that, the car runs like a Swiss watch. Best car I'ver ever owned.

But, I do worry about the extent of that brake fluid reservoir thing. It may end up being a recall, and that is about the last thing that Ford needs right now. They are about two weeks away from going bankrupt. I forget what their last quarterly loss was, maybe a couple of hundred million?
nearly 6 billion but about 2-3 billion were from the buy-outs.
Old 11/1/06, 09:17 PM
eci
Banned

Curious, don't flame:

Why do we care about the engine bay paint underneath the ABS box? Fix the leak yes, but the paint?

You don't want your car in the shop, period. You especially don't want Ford's ******* "techs" pulling the engine to paint the compartment. Sand the damaged area down yourself, primer it, and touch it up for rustproofing. Fix the leak.

I've got a panel defect on my passenger door. To fix, Ford would have to respray and blend into the fenders. It isn't noticed unless I look for it, so I live with it as the alternative ( letting Ford dealers touch my car ) is worse. These are mass produced automobile's people. Get the leak fixed, but don't let them bust out their spray guns.
Old 11/2/06, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eci
Cursious, don't flame:

Why do we care about the engine bay paint undernseath the ABS box? Fix the leak yes, but the paint?

You don't want your car in the shop, period. You especially don't want Ford's ******* "techs" pulling the engine to paint the compartment. Sand the damaged area down yourself, primer it, and touch it up for rustproofing. Fix the leak.

I've got a panel defect on my passenger door. To fix, Ford would have to respracy and blend into the fenders. It isn't noticed unless I look for it, so I live with it as the alternative ( letting Ford dealers touch my car ) is worse. These are mass produced automobile's people. Get the leak fixed, but don't let them bust out their spray guns.
yeah i don't want them pulling a bunch of stuff on my brand new vehicle either but i definitely don't wanna see that on my paint.. this is my 1st new car so i picture keeping it in perfect condition for a long long time to come.. who knows maybe i'll be able to have it as a collectible one day?? LOL.. you can tell i'm single, not married, and no kids huh? LOL..
Old 11/2/06, 07:39 PM

Well, just picked her up tonight. It took almost 2 weeks. They replaced the ABS module & control, part #'s 6R3Z-2C215-A and 7R3Z-2C219-B, respectively, if anybody gives a s***. They painted the area despite a couple of opinions...I felt 711 miles, they're fixin' it. I shouldn't have to, although I was somewhat worried about it. They said they removed the air box, etc to respray, but not everything. Better then me spending money. I'm glad to have her back. That **** F-150 XLT 4x4 was tooooo God **** big for my liking. It did have quite a bit of power though.

A curious note that I didn't notice till I got home (I was tired from work and looked the vehicle over, but not the invoice). Apparently, they replaced the battery also. It has a "No crank no start" "Test charge and retest bad battery replaced and retest okay" Glad this happened to them and not me. I think I read somewhere that some others have experienced dead cells in their batteries?? Oh well, I'll sure be watching this for a while. I really do want to get the C&L CAI & Bamachips tunes installed that are sitting here, but I'll have to wait 'till at least until next weekend.

Sorry for the length