2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Answer 2 Global Open problem with windows

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/05, 01:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger@February 12, 2005, 4:22 PM
I just remembered reading a thread this past week about a hold being put on cars built with the active anti-theft - guess this may be why mine didn't show up as thought this week
You may be recalling my post from around 2/2/05 or so. My salesman told me that about 800 units had been pulled on the side coming off the assembly line due to a problem with the anti-theft system. I was trying to verify that information.

This may be it, and may explain why my unit was delayed 18 days from build to shipping. Mine was built on 1/12/05, shipped on 1/30/05, is supposedly in the Memphis mixing yard awaiting transport to Louisiana. It should be in no later than 2/18/05.

Stay tuned.
Old 2/13/05, 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm so glad I ordered early.

Never payed attention to the feature until I dropped off a packge @ UPS and accidently held the unlock button too long... didn't realize 'til walking back to my car the windows were down (there was a breif moment I thought the windows were smashed in or somethin') I just hate the fact that they won't go up w/ the key fob. :angry:

--------------------

...the future Tiger Woods of NASCAR.
Old 2/13/05, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Mine was built on 1/3/05 and that feature is still active. I just went to the car and tested out rolling the windows down from the remote. Worked fine, and I didn't even know I could do that.
Old 2/13/05, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad i got a vert.
Press button, top down, instant fresh air.

as for getting some money back....i say go for it.
Yes they have the power to change things but not at out expense.
And don't expect compensation from your dealership. It's not thier
problem. As soon as i get the vehicle, i will check. If not functional, i
will be on the phone with Ford Canada everyday till it is resolved.
Or hope my friendly frosty ford techy can fix it.
Old 2/14/05, 12:16 PM
V6 Member

Well hopefully I will get my car into the service dept this wednesday and see what they have to say. Maybe they can reactivate it or something. It was not the main reason I got the active anti-theft, but it is an advertised feature and even if I could get a few free oil changes or something out of it if they cannot do anything about it would be cool I guess. If this is the worst of the problems then I am not too worried
Old 2/14/05, 12:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a little miffed. I can't believe Ford would fix a problem by disabling it. What's next? Car shimmies over 60mph so Ford sets the govenor to 55mph???

Can another dealer (Hello Karpro/KevinB) verify this information?
Old 2/14/05, 12:54 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I sent Karpro a PM to comfirm it.
Waiting for an answer back.
Old 2/14/05, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@February 14, 2005, 1:57 PM
I sent Karpro a PM to comfirm it.
Waiting for an answer back.

I sent Karpro one yesterday and he said several people have asked him about it, and he was going to investigate and then post an answer when he finds out. So just waiting
Old 2/15/05, 12:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, I know some of you want to PM karpro, to verify what I posted, and that's fine. Just to give you a little backround on me, I am a salesperson at a Ford dealer like karpro, I am 28 years old, have been selling Fords for 8 years, (my whole time in the business) and am a diehard Ford guy, and car guy. I wouldn't want to sell any other brand of car. I helped GOFISCH when he couldn't order his vert. He called me, as I am 5 states away from him, and helped him order his car at his local dealer. I have had a few others from this site call me at work to answer their questions, as the local dealers they visited couldn't help them. I am one of the few salespeople who actually care about people, and the vehicles I sell. I want to help people, even if I can't sell them personally. I take pride in my product knowledge of what I sell, and I really love cars. The info I posted was from Ford directly from the "Dealer News Bulletin", dated Febuary 4th. These bulletins are part of the dealer site we have at the stores. Again, some cars may have this feature work even if they were built after the date that was in the bulleitin, and some won't. Thats Ford for you. This problem with disabling the system is better that having the cars get delayed even more.
Old 2/15/05, 02:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Personally, I'd rather have the delay and get it really fixed rather than remove the feature and calling that fixed.

Not trying to bash you...just want at least a 2nd source for verification.
Old 2/15/05, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@February 15, 2005, 3:35 PM
Personally, I'd rather have the delay and get it really fixed rather than remove the feature and calling that fixed.

Not trying to bash you...just want at least a 2nd source for verification.
Agreed. But like he said: "That's Ford for you." Which to me says bad omen of Ford's corporate culture: "Don't fix the problem, just sweep it under the carpet." And we're also talking about a feature that every other manufacturer in the world seems to be able to make work.

After the long article I read yesterday about Ford's dire financial situation...their shrinking market share...their unprofitable manufacturing...and the enormous pressure being generated by global competition, there may not be a Ford left for us to argue about in 10-15 years, or they'll be bought out by someone like Toyota.

But at least then Mustang problems would get fixed...not swept under the rug.
Old 2/16/05, 03:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05fordgt@February 15, 2005, 1:52 PM
...I am a salesperson at a Ford dealer like karpro...This problem with disabling the system is better that having the cars get delayed even more.
Just wondering if you or Karpro have any word if this can be (re-)enabled at the dealership level or if a "fix" is planned to reintroduce the feature at a later date (ie on the '06s)? I am seriously considering switching my order to an '06 if I don't get scheduled by May, so am interested in what you hear!
Old 2/16/05, 04:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Mine too was built the first week in January, and it works on my car. Does this mean my windows may roll down all by themselves someday? It works from the key FOB and the door lock cylinder.
Old 2/16/05, 05:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by porkster@February 16, 2005, 5:37 AM
Mine too was built the first week in January, and it works on my car.
Let's see...you have IUP, and your anti-theft works properly. If your Shaker works too you've hit the Mustang jackpot!!!
Old 2/16/05, 05:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

So that's why my passengers side windows have been lowering by itself. :scratch: Well now I know. I'm just glad it wasn’t raining when it happened. B)
Old 2/16/05, 06:14 AM
GT Member

I think the "blame" for this "situation" is with our @#$% ambulance chasing lawyers here in the good old USA.
I believe it should work going up or down. Like someone said, if someones got their head in my car, they deserve to get it stuck. If you left kids in the car and use it, then you are just proving Darwin's theory. :angry:
Old 2/16/05, 06:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

05fordgt (jeff), I will assume that you are correct on this issue. But the question is, what will your dealership do if a customer brings you a car which has this feature disabled?

Will you fix it or just say that the factory disabled it on purpose so it is going to stay that way?
Old 2/16/05, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe buyers should get together and declare a moratorium on the Mustang until Ford fixes this issue. How come every other car maker in the world can make this feature work except Ford? And how come Ford is staying silent about this?

How many other features are going to be discovered to be faulty...or just end up being "switched off" by this company?

And how much guff are Ford enthusiasts and buyers prepared to put up with before they say "enough is enough"? C'mon, Ford, you're hemorrhaging profits and dying as a company. Maybe you ought to get back to basics - like quality and service.
Old 2/16/05, 07:28 AM
FR500 Member

All this over what amounts to a completely useless feature?

The sky is falling, Ford is doomed, all hail Robert, King of the internet chicken little parade.

Old 2/16/05, 07:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Lowe!

Did not know I had this feature either. Mine works.

Shake Rattle and Roll On!

Quick Reply: Answer 2 Global Open problem with windows