2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Amusing Comments about yours

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05, 07:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by holeshot@April 13, 2005, 7:10 AM
Hey is that a twenty two hundred oh five mustang?"
They actually said that, 2205? Where have I been for the past 200 years, lol.
Old 4/14/05, 07:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
By "brownish" do you mean Mineral Grey? It kinda has a coppery color to it in certain lighting.
Old 4/14/05, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Enfynet@April 14, 2005, 8:25 PM
By "brownish" do you mean Mineral Grey? It kinda has a coppery color to it in certain lighting.
bingo
Old 4/14/05, 07:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 13, 2005, 1:20 PM

you look like someone who drives a mustang
me
ohhhhhhhhkay....

What I wanted to ask was just what the friggin hades does someone who drives a mustang look like. :scratch:

Um... hot???
Old 4/14/05, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

One evening back in January during a snow storm I drove over to the to the grocery store. There was about a foot of snow on the ground and coming down hard.

I park the Mustang and as I was getting out this F150 drives up. The driver jumps out and says "Mind if I take a picture of your car?"
I said "Go right ahead".
He takes a few pictures, says thanks, hops back in his truck and drives away.

This car makes and impact with so many people!
Old 4/14/05, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I proved today that most kids don't know how to read. While gassing up some kids walk up. "Gee mister nice car! Is that the new Mustang?" I was like "No it is the new Mercury Cougar GT. Just look at my direction signals." (I just put in the sequential kit.) The kids stare at the back of my car going cool and one of them goes "Cool yeah the Mustang has that spoiler on the back! I am going to tell my dad to get the Cougar instead." Not one of them read the medallion on the back of the car. I was almost peeing in my pants trying not to laugh at them.
Old 4/14/05, 07:47 PM
GT Member

I had just parked the car and was walking away when a lady approached looking it over. I was expecting the usual "nice car, is that the new Mustang?' or something similar, but she commented that it looked a lot like the classic Mustangs. I responded with something about Ford doing a good job on these new Mustangs combining the classic styling with modern performance, etc. Then she says, "oh, I thought it was a Jaguar."

Hmmm... Wasn't expecting that.
Old 4/14/05, 08:04 PM
GT Member

Last weekend...I am sitting at a light with my left turn sequentials on. I look back and I see a young girl sitting next to her mom say (I read lips), "that is so cool!" as she points to the left side of my car.

It is great when someone notices the car, but even better when someone notices the liittle details that make it my car.
Old 4/14/05, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I drove past some guy on the highway, and stopped to get gas at the next town up the road. The guy I passed pulled up to the pump across from me and asked "What year is that mustang?" I said "2005." He said "Really? I thought it was an older one." Another time, I am coming out of subway and going to get into my car. The guy who came out right in front of me turns and asks "Is that your car?" I say yes, and he then asks what year it is. i reply 2005. Kind of see a patern here. Next he asks "Did it come like that or did you modify it?" I told him i bought it from the factory just like this. I should have directed him up the road to the ford dealership where they had 4 V6s sitting on the lot. I guess we assume that everyone knows about the 2005 mustang. If you think about it though, Ford hasn't really ran very many TV ads about it, so I can kind of understand that there are still people out there who don't know that this is the new mustang.
Old 4/14/05, 08:13 PM

I was at a filling station the other night in my black 05 GT vert. A cop comes up and asks me can he look in it. I let him take a look and crank it for me. He was so excited. Then another cop comes up and we have abput a 10 minute conversation about the car. People going in and out of the store were staring. It appeared as if the cops were searching my car and questioning me. One of the cops even asked me to do a burnout.
Old 4/14/05, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

My brother is having a new home built, it hasn't begun yet, but he said it'll probably be built before my car. Well, he thought it was funny.
Old 4/15/05, 05:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I love when I am going down the road and a little kid in back of a minivan or Suv is pointing and you can see him mouthing "LOOK MUSTANG".

Or when I go on a field trip with my kids and get "on the pole" IE blow all the SUVS away and get in front by the bus- and the kids go wild. It has definitely bought my kid coolness points.

My mother said if it came a good rainstorm I would drown(cause my nose is so high up in the air)...The car has went to my head.

Last night I was talking mustang with my Dad through my mom I was on the phone with. I was telling him about a gt350 vert I know of possibly for sale. My mom said "no no that's a SHELBY!"

My mom calls Eleanor my yellow Broom. Go get on your yellow broom and fly on home now.......

I get a lot of "that the new mustang? well.....It ain't the old one.

My husband says he has never found someone get so excited- IE if I am going somewhere and get lucky enough to seek out another yellow mustang to park next to.

My younger kids bus driver loved mine so much he sought out a Gt for his own, only to find out it didn't suit him and now its for sale.
Old 4/15/05, 05:11 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Thunder Road+April 14, 2005, 7:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thunder Road @ April 14, 2005, 7:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@April 13, 2005, 1:20 PM

you look like someone who drives a mustang
me
ohhhhhhhhkay....

What I wanted to ask was just what the friggin hades does someone who drives a mustang look like. :scratch:

Um... hot???
[/b][/quote]

Well then I am flattered :worship:
Old 4/16/05, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought my Mustang back in December. A few days after getting it, I drove to one of the remote locations at work, to repair some computers.
I parked and went inside the building. When I was leaving one of the guys from the plant walks me out and looks out the window, to where my car is parked.
"Look at that! I wonder whose Charger is that?"
"That's not a charger, that's my Mustang."
"Not that one it ain't!" (I used to have a '97 before the 05.)
"Yes it is."
"Is that one of the new ones?"
"Yeah"
"Looks just like a Charger..."

Today I was washing my car, and a guy drives by and stops. I look up to him and he says" Man, your car is a cool ride!"

Of course, now that there are 5 new v6's on the apartment complex, I expect the comments to diminish.