2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ALL THOSE BUYING OFF LOTS, PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 07:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to my paperwork, my GT had 3 miles on it when delivered to the dealer but about 18 when I purchased it out of dealer stock, the last three of which were my test drive. I've been wondering how it was driven in those 12 miles that are unaccounted for. I supposed those who believe you should break it in like you stole it would say it doesn't matter, as long as it was warmed up before someone punched it. But I still would like to know.

I've done a search but am still not clear if the "black box" could check what might have happened to it in those 12 miles (such as highest MPH or RPMs reached), or is that info on a "loop" so the info disappears forever after so many miles like on an aircraft? I've got about 650 miles on her now.
Old 5/4/05, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Well mine had 89 miles on it....but 69 was from the dealership delivering it to me ! I ordered it at 9am and it was in my parking lot by 1:30pm....detailed and full of gas. Yeah...theres about 20 miles (give or take) that are unnacounted for but the Fleet Sales manager (Dave Andreanos @ Dale Jarret Ford) said it was inside the showroom with 18 miles so it couldn't have seen much.
FWIW.
I purchased mine in November. I have had some small problems ; broken bolt on panhard mount (no..was slowly backing up), passenger seatbelt ratchet needed replacing, and I am on my 3rd Shaker 1000 (wow...sounds great and looks nice but quality is horrible).
One of my "mustang buddies" ordered his and was there when the car came off the truck. He has had the same problems with his shaker. He had a slightly bowed rim (tire shake). He also had his "check engine" light come on twice...dealer told him to really tighten his gas cap.
Seems to be a wash....unless you get a REALLY dogged car.

I test drove at 3 dealerships and all had very stern salesmen along for the ride. Of course I drove up in a Durango with my 4 kids and wife....so they had no problems letting me test drive. I saw several 20's guys in ricer's and hopped up POS ask for a test drive and were turned down. :bang:
NOTE: I too was once a 20's something with a hopped up car too...I went to a Pontiac dealer and wanted to test drive a Trans-Am...salesman laughed and said "no". Came back 3 hours later in a Mustang GT I had bought....Laughed at him and said "Your loss"... :shock:

My .02 cent
Jay
Old 5/4/05, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Lime05owner@May 4, 2005, 7:26 AM
NOTE: I too was once a 20's something with a hopped up car too...I went to a Pontiac dealer and wanted to test drive a Trans-Am...salesman laughed and said "no". Came back 3 hours later in a Mustang GT I had bought....Laughed at him and said "Your loss"... :shock:

My .02 cent
Jay

Why dealers deal with 20-somethings differently is obvious, but for every 5-10 dim-bulbs, there is 1 person that actually has the means to purchase a car. I guess the dealers figures on playing the odds, which, as your example shows, is their loss. At the age of 37, I have purchased three brand new cars with two of those being ordered from the factory. I can truely say that the process has gotten easier with time, but there is always that one dealer that wants to play hardball; too bad for him.
:banana2:

EK
Old 5/4/05, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

I suppose alot could happen in 3.4 miles, but I feel safe my GT didn't get abused. All the tires still had those little rubber whiskers on the tread! No little chunks of rubber on the bottom of the rear fenders or in the wheel wells either.

Sad to hear what people do when no one is watching. What a lack of ethics and respect....whata shame.