2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

62,170 mile maintanence Ford dealer rip-off

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/12, 02:43 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
if you say that in the mirror Carroll Shelby will appear and charge you $10,000.00 for a hood.
Old 2/13/12, 02:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
I have simply followed the factory-recommended maintenance. I did advance some of the 100k service to 85k because she was running a little rough. She came back to me running like new.

I simply give the service writer instructions as to what I want done. That decision is on me, not them. So far it has served me very well.

I am paying them for both their skills and purchasing their time, so I do not have to use my time. For me it is a good trade-off. If I did not trust the service department, I would select another one.

No drama, no stress. I am in charge of the decisions and I accept the consequences of my choices.
Old 2/13/12, 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paris MkVI
I have simply followed the factory-recommended maintenance. I did advance some of the 100k service to 85k because she was running a little rough. She came back to me running like new.

I simply give the service writer instructions as to what I want done. That decision is on me, not them. So far it has served me very well.

I am paying them for both their skills and purchasing their time, so I do not have to use my time. For me it is a good trade-off. If I did not trust the service department, I would select another one.

No drama, no stress. I am in charge of the decisions and I accept the consequences of my choices.
That's what I call a sound post!
Old 2/13/12, 06:07 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paris MkVI

ppl like you are why I work at a dealer :ad
Old 2/13/12, 08:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always take my mustang to a dealership to get serviced. I have an advisor I trust and I know just enough to not get screwed over. My beater is taken to a gas station mechanic, he charges me usually the cost of parts and a little labor since all our other cars in the house are taken to him. However, I would only trust my mustang to a ford service tech. As a caveat, some of the newer techs may only read computers but if they f' up my car there's a whole dealership to resolve a problem rather than a mom and pop mechanic shop.

You should at least do the air filter yourself. You can buy a good quality air filter like a k&n that can be cleaned for the cost of what a dealer would charge.

Last edited by sdsguy; 2/13/12 at 08:03 PM.