2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**3,299 Mustangs Sitting in Rail Yard**

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GOFISCH+March 6, 2005, 11:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOFISCH @ March 6, 2005, 11:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@March 6, 2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by GOFISCH@March 6, 2005, 8:18 AM
Originally posted by TomServo92@March 6, 2005, 1:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GOFISCH
@March 4, 2005, 5:10 PM
If they told you its at the ramp, it with the 3,298 others. I was told this by the analyst and the sales manager was told the same thing by whomever she calls. This is a terrible way to do business.

So how exactly is a lack of railcars Ford's fault? They don't own the railroads. They only get as many as the railroad will allocate to them. Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality.

Its called planning, they knew they were going to have a back log. Order more cars or hire transports. Distribution is not rocket science its good planning and having alternative plans. What is making it worse is people that have ordered months after me getting their cars by rail, before me. And before you say it I know there are others that have waited longer than me. But this is my thread to whine in.

Planning or not, there are things that happen beyond Ford's control. You say order more cars or hire transports as if they can snap their fingers and they magically appear. Like I said before, that's not very realistic. That being said, I fully understand the need to whine about it.
There is a lot in this that is in Fords control. Quality control, planning for the unexpected. Dealers and Ford screwing customers that have already ordered cars. Not delivering by order date, but by some political allocation, who complains the most process.
[/b][/quote]

It's in Ford's control in my case because they are continuing to ship out new cars while mine got caught in quality control. They have had a month to fix it and ship it. Instead, they keep cranking out new ones and putting them on the rail cars instead of mine. But here is a novel idea: put it on a freakin' truck.
Old 3/6/05, 03:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by gashaus34@March 6, 2005, 3:54 PM
Ford's control in my case because they are continuing to ship out new cars while mine got caught in quality control. They have had a month to fix it and ship it. Instead, they keep cranking out new ones and putting them on the rail cars instead of mine. But here is a novel idea: put it on a freakin' truck.
I agree that quality control is within Ford's control however, like I've said before, they don't own or control the auto carriers, whether they be rail or truck, Saying "just put it on a truck" sounds simple enough. But there aren't any available, Ford can't make them appear out of thin air.
Old 3/7/05, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car is stuck in that same pile of cars waiting to get "on board". ETA has jumped a day forward to 3/26 now (maybe they dont get cars on Sunday) hence the late night friday arrival to be available on 3/26.

either way it stinks, since I ordered on 12/5 and will not get my car until the end of March (if I am lucky) while other people who ordered after me already took delivery of Vert's.

This is my first ordering a car experience and thank you FORD for making it and screwed up and stupid as possible. WAY TO GO FORD.

The only light in the end of the tunnel so happens to be that MY EXACT SAME CAR is sitting on another dealers lot about 100 miles from here and as we speak my dealer is trying to make a color trade.

So we will see I guess. I would rather get it this week if possible as I turn a whopping 33 years old on Wed. And this car is a gift to myself. So waiting till the end of the month will be a huge let down.

Go figure huh. :angry: