2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 Mustang Father & Son Online Build Project Journal

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/24, 11:49 AM
GT Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Not that long ago I stumbled across this 05 GT for sale in my town. Now to be fair I have no place to put this if I could buy it but this car has me intrigued. I don't know why but it does. Its not something to be crushed but it could be a fun restoration but the owner (In my opinion) wants way to much $4000. At least the top looks to be in good shape.

With everything that it needs just at a glance I'm not sure it would be worth the effort at his asking price. Opinions?

Last edited by dirkpitt289; 1/6/24 at 11:52 AM.
Old 1/6/24, 12:39 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by dirkpitt289
Dude, I reached out to you at Thanksgiving but you never responded. I figured you were done with me and all my questions.. HAHA Just kidding. I mean I did reach out to you but I took your non-responsiveness as you were busy.
You Got My PM, My Email & My Phone Number! I Don't Recall any Messages! Aye Carumba!

Alright, so now that I have had some wheel time in the car I'm feeling pretty good about its state. I have only two items that aren't working at this point, The rest of the stuff is minor crap and updating work.

Issue 1 is the Windshield Wipers.- They are totally dead at this point. The fuses are good so unless I'm missing something its the motor or the switch. I have yet to do any real troubleshooting or research at this time.
Issue 2 is the Defroster is not working. I have not had time to look for and check the fuse yet. Not sure is there is anything else to look at for this issue.

Both of these are things I will tackle in the spring time

Some other things I have questions about that I was hoping people might be able to point me in the right direction.

First is I'm missing one of the levers that move the front seats forward for people to get in the back. The only replacements I can find are black and my interior is tan. Granted this is a silly thing to focus on with all the other things but it bugs me and I need to find a replacement. The other thing I'm looking for (But admit not ready to tackle) is replacing the front seat upholstery. I can't find replacements for a Tan interior. Sure the black interiors are more popular but I don't feel like switching it over. I would prefer to keep it the original color.
Seats Tan But Leather!
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...uction-549351/

I know it's a Gen II Thread But I Would Suspect Actual Wiper Motor

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...issues-550039/

I Would Lose The Plastic Seat Levers and Go This Way!

Amazon Amazon

On Your Defroster is It Blowing But Not Coming Out the Vents. Fan Still Comes On?? Or Completely Dead! Also The Early 05-06 Control Is Different and Lets Less Air To the Defrost Than The Later 07-09's You Can Use The Hvac Head Later Controller. Make Sure Your Defrost is Totally Not Working Not Just Weak Shut All Dash Vents Set to Defrost & Test. BTW I Have Sweet 07 Hvac Controller if You Need One! Just Saying!

Make Sure Cabin Filter is Clean Too! For Maximum Airflow!

Vent Motors are Always Suspect as Well. Usually You Get Some Clicking When Changing Vents. Aka Modes.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/6/24 at 01:11 PM.
Old 1/6/24, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
You Got My PM, My Email & My Phone Number! I Don't Recall any Messages! Aye Carumba!

Seats Tan But Leather!
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...uction-549351/

I know it's a Gen II Thread But I Would Suspect Actual Wiper Motor

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...issues-550039/

I Would Lose The Plastic Seat Levers and Go This Way!

https://www.amazon.com/UPR-2005-2014.../dp/B074VGG5Y8

On Your Defroster is It Blowing But Not Coming Out the Vents. Fan Still Comes On?? Or Completely Dead! Also The Early 05-06 Control Is Different and Lets Less Air To the Defrost Than The Later 07-09's You Can Use The Hvac Head Later Controller. Make Sure Your Defrost is Totally Not Working Not Just Weak Shut All Dash Vents Set to Defrost & Test. BTW I Have Sweet 07 Hvac Controller if You Need One! Just Saying!

Make Sure Cabin Filter is Clean Too! For Maximum Airflow!

Vent Motors are Always Suspect as Well. Usually You Get Some Clicking When Changing Vents. Aka Modes.

KC
My bad, I menat REAR defroster. My heat and AC is wicked good
Old 1/6/24, 07:30 PM

See If You Have Power in the Back & If So Check The Grid.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...orking-546562/

Kc
The following users liked this post:
VGMStudios (1/11/24)
Old 1/11/24, 03:55 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
I would also check the wires in the rear window to see if any are broken. Fixing them is not fun....
Old 1/14/24, 03:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Not that long ago I stumbled across this 05 GT for sale in my town. Now to be fair I have no place to put this if I could buy it but this car has me intrigued. I don't know why but it does. Its not something to be crushed but it could be a fun restoration but the owner (In my opinion) wants way to much $4000. At least the top looks to be in good shape.

With everything that it needs just at a glance I'm not sure it would be worth the effort at his asking price. Opinions?
@dirkpitt289 (love your user name!) that thing is hammered. Tires are gone, interior is thrashed, paint mismatched, and it looks beat. Driver's rear quarter panel and rear bumper cover are mismatched, suggesting prior body damage. LOL at the fake hood pins.

Too bad. $4k is a ripoff - for $1k maybe if it runs.
Old 1/15/24, 07:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
I would also check the wires in the rear window to see if any are broken. Fixing them is not fun....
Thank you, Sir
Old 1/15/24, 07:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
@dirkpitt289 (love your user name!) that thing is hammered. Tires are gone, interior is thrashed, paint mismatched, and it looks beat. Driver's rear quarter panel and rear bumper cover are mismatched, suggesting prior body damage. LOL at the fake hood pins.

Too bad. $4k is a ripoff - for $1k maybe if it runs.
Yeah its pretty beat but for some reason its stuck in my head. Which is odd, even if I were to peruse it I have no place to put it. The wife would kill me in my sleep.
Old 1/15/24, 07:04 PM
GT Member

Dropped off the Mustang at the body shop today.... Now we wait
Old 2/1/24, 02:50 PM
GT Member

The body work has begun and as you would expect for a car from the North East more rust has been exposed after the disassembly started

On the bright side the new grill I ordered from American Muscle arrived yesterday. Looking forward to getting this in place and fitting it with some nice halo lights

Old 2/3/24, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Cutting has begun

Old 2/3/24, 04:44 PM
GT Member

Good evening Mustang Maniacs. I have a question for the group. With the body work underway on the mustang, I'm drifting to thoughts of getting a new hood. I always planned this but I might be doing it sooner then I had expected. Here is my issue. I'm seeing various offerings for this hood. They are ranging between $600 and $1300. How do I know what to get? They all look the same. Is there something I should be aware of and look for to get the proper hood? I'm not looking to build a race car. I just want a hood that will look good and last. If I HAD to go with the $1300 hood then so be it but if it is over kill for my application then that would be stupid. Then again I don't want to buy the cheapest one to only have to replace it in a short period of time because its a crap item. I mostly deal with CJ Pony parts and American Muscle but if anyone knows of another site that has a hood that would fit my needs then please post the link.

I hope this makes sense. Any thoughts would be appreciated. .

Old 2/3/24, 05:04 PM

I Was a Trufiber Dealer Back in the Day & Had Good Luck With Them! In Fact Some of The Cars Pictured Were Some of My Gt-500 Nose Conversion Customers. Best of The Bunch is on The Home Page the Red Stang! The Offer Hoods in Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber and With or Without The Gt-500 Fascia.

https://trufiber.com/collections/200...-mustang-hoods

This Old Link Shows How Trufiber Was Eager To Please The Mustang Community Early On!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...fascia-457656/

Old 2/20/24, 11:26 AM
GT Member

We've had some progress on the body work

This was fun, This is the view from the passenger side behind the rear tire. On the drivers side this is all missing and needs to be recreated

The recreation process

This is ugly

Old 2/20/24, 01:48 PM

In Honor of Your Body Work!

KC

Old 2/20/24, 08:01 PM
GT Member

The aftermarket gas cap caused some damage and needed to be repaired

They were able to remove and save the old quarter windows

The roof was stripped

Looking good

The wheel well lip is being repaired

Old 2/22/24, 06:51 AM
GT Member

Getting ready for paint

She is going into the paint booth tonight
Old 3/1/24, 08:25 AM
GT Member

More progress

What was once nothing has been rebuilt...

Stripping the roof of paint. It was pitted from either hail or sap. I'm thinking it was sap

This looks so much better

They were able to pull the old louvers off without damaging them, Nice... Off to eBay

Primer

Primer

Primer

Next off to the paint booth
The following 2 users liked this post by dirkpitt289:
Cavero (3/3/24), VGMStudios (3/5/24)
Old 3/5/24, 06:30 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Wow you're doing a fabulous job! Keep going.
Quick question. What products are you using to do all the body work?
Old 3/6/24, 04:54 PM
GT Member

Thanks, VGM but i'm not sure what you mean by "products?" Like the type of filler and such?

I'm not a body man, I had to have this work done by a professional body shop.

Quick Reply: 2006 Mustang Father & Son Online Build Project Journal