2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

10 yr olds, Cookies, and an 05

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 10:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I am dropping my 15 yr. old cousin off at his house yesterday, and we pass two kids who have a table set up along side of the road. After I drop my cousin off, I go by them again, and notice they are selling girl scout cookies. So, I whip a U turn and come back.

As I am rolling up...I see their sign says "COOKIES $2 A BOX" and the kids appear to be about 10 yrs old (little guys).

I roll down my window, and see them just standing there. mouths open....like this:

I start chuckling on the inside and ask "So what kind of cookies do you guys have?"

The first boy responded with a very informative "those kinds" while pointing to the table, and never turning his head away from my car. The other boy never said anything till the very end. Jaws still on the floor, and a look of disbelief. Imagine the look you would get on your face if a guy who was blind started juggling chainsaws that were on fire. same look.

So I ask "do you have any penut butter cookies?".

The one boy, who seems to be the bravest (but not the brightest crayon in the box) states "Um....yeah....these" and hands me a box of thin mints. I start to laugh and ask for the other box as well (which I could see were in fact penut butter). As he walked back to the table for the other box of cookies...he walked BACKWARD....never taking his eyes of my car.

He hands me the box and just stands there...still the same look on his face.

"It's $4 right? $2 a box?"

the bravest boy responds "um.....yeah"

"Well here's a five, you guys have a nice day"

I start to get ready to leave and the boy, who doesn't have a problem speaking says, "Man....that is a NICE car!"

"Well thanks!"

and the other boy...who hasn't said a word during this whole business transaction says "NO"

I get a confused look on my face....maybe he is a Chevy fan, I think to myself.

after summoning up more courage he states...

"that's a VERY NICE car"

I gave a laugh, started up, and left.....turned arround...and as I passed them, I gave them a wave, to which they repsonded with their signature

If they had been older, and their parents had been there...I might have offered them a ride. Course, they might have gotten so excited...I would have been cleaning the seats later.

Anyone else have stories like this? In my town, the 05 stang is still rare...and mine does stand out with the exhaust and tint.
Old 4/6/05, 10:41 AM
I'm people, and I like.

That is one of the best Mustang stories I have ever heard/read.
Awesome!
You should have done a little burnout for them
Old 4/6/05, 10:41 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Other than 1 other mustang with a very poor stripe job it would appear mine is the only one driving around that has been moddfied. I get a lot of jaw drops, thumbs up, whistles...okay, let me rephrase that, my car gets those responses. I went through the McDonald's drive-thru today and a lot of people were at the window starting and then the manager came over with a towel and said, "Sorry if I drool on your car, but I brought a towel just incase". I laughed.
Old 4/6/05, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why are boys selling GIRL Scout cookies? Has the ACLU invaded the scout troops? I would probably buy some Girl Scout cookies but it is blatent false advertising. There are NO Girl Scouts listed in the ingredients. :P
Old 4/6/05, 10:49 AM

I know what you mean. I was going through the drive through at Mcdonalds, when a girl in the line behide me, got out of her car and came up to my window just to tell me that she loved my car......I mean, who does that?
Old 4/6/05, 10:58 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL, that could be a commercial for Ford.
Old 4/6/05, 11:04 AM
FR500 Member

Janet, I was wondering the same thing.

Great story though. I actually have had a number of responses from boys that age. Which suprised me. I know I played with matchbox cars at that age, and had a great respect for automobiles. But, it seems like most kids these days are playing with Pokemon cards and other garbage. Good to know that there are some who still like cars.
Old 4/6/05, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@April 6, 2005, 11:46 AM
There are NO Girl Scouts listed in the ingredients. :P
More importantly, why am I paying $3.50 per box here in Virginia? Man, some girl scouts are getting fat here...on profits!

Great story, btw. I was afraid it was going to be a thread about a 10-year-old kid eating cookies in your 'Stang. :nono: I NEVER eat in my car and my friends know better than to smoke as well.

Old 4/6/05, 11:22 AM
Banned

I wasin in Sonic Drive Thru, and the girl behind the window yelled for the cooks to come here. fast!!!

They ran up thinking something was on fire or something, saw the car, they all ran outside, and was standing behind my car. She said sorry, but that the cooks are always talking cars and mustangs, and she knew she had to let them know there was one in the drive thru.

I said it was ok, laughed and waited for my food.....which took forever cause all the cooks were outside.

They all just stood there and watched me drive off. I was laughin!

I did notice in the back of the parking lot a cavalier, 1 civic, and 2 neons, so I guess that was their cars.

I LOVE IT!!

PS: Just wish the wouldnt have forgotten my "chili" on my "chili dog"......oh well....
Old 4/6/05, 11:46 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by PonyGirl@April 6, 2005, 12:25 PM
PS: Just wish the wouldnt have forgotten my "chili" on my "chili dog"......oh well....

That was probably their plan to get you to come back so they could see the Mustang again.
Old 4/6/05, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Got off early monday and passed the mailman at the entrance to the community. Pulled up in my driveway and had just walked out to the mailbox to get the mail. <Screeeech> The mailman's back? I thought he had forgot some mail.....nope....came over to look at the car. Said he had been trying to catch me for a while. Let him drool over and we talked cars for awhile (I've learned to keep policeman, mailmen, and urologists very happy). He really wants one and he had a 69 mach 1 in high school (guessing he's late 40's). We chewed the fat for a good 20 mins for he left to finish his route.
Funny, it's the 94-04 mustang people who seem to frown at my car or want to race. Heck, I was coming home from church Sunday afternoon with my wife and 2 kids when some bozo in a cobra kept revving his engine beside me.....I just looked at him like he was nuts (he must have recognized the look because he took off like a shot). Not to mention the run in with the trans-am I had a few weeks back (see my other post).

Most people seem to REALLY like the new body style.....me included!!!

Jay
Old 4/6/05, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@April 6, 2005, 9:46 AM
Why are boys selling GIRL Scout cookies? Has the ACLU invaded the scout troops? I would probably buy some Girl Scout cookies but it is blatent false advertising. There are NO Girl Scouts listed in the ingredients. :P

They probably took them from their sister(s) who is a girlscout, and were selling them to make some dough. wouldn't surprise me.
Old 4/6/05, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mr-mstng@April 6, 2005, 1:01 PM
LOL, that could be a commercial for Ford.
That's what i was thinking

great story