2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

'06 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/04, 10:49 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what Hau Thai-Tang told Brad at the Mustang launch celebration:
TMS: Can you comment on upcoming special editions?
HTT: We will definitely have special editions, but not before 2006.

TMS: Which ones?
HTT: We have a long list we're considering.

TMS: What is the SVT/Shelby relationship? Will they be two different models?
HTT: Carroll has been working closely with SVT, but the relationship hasn't been resolved.

TMS: I hear Warner Brothers is tight-fisted with the Bullitt name. Will we see a Bullitt in this bodystyle? It's retro-1968 enough to pass for a Bullitt if it came in dark green paint. Is an unofficial Bullitt edition a possibility?
HTT: We have been getting a lot of requests for dark green, and we'll probably offer it soon. But we've done a Bullitt. We've done a Mach 1. There are so many other possibilities out there we want to explore.

TMS: Like a California Special?
HTT: It's on our list.
Old 10/2/04, 10:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I think your dates are off for the Mach1 or any other SE. The interview Brad just did with Hau Thai-Tang talks about it and the California special.

TMS: Can you comment on upcoming special editions?
HTT: We will definitely have special editions, but not before 2006.

TMS: Which ones?
HTT: We have a long list we're considering.

TMS: What is the SVT/Shelby relationship? Will they be two different models?
HTT: Carroll has been working closely with SVT, but the relationship hasn't been resolved.

TMS: I hear Warner Brothers is tight-fisted with the Bullitt name. Will we see a Bullitt in this bodystyle? It's retro-1968 enough to pass for a Bullitt if it came in dark green paint. Is an unofficial Bullitt edition a possibility?
HTT: We have been getting a lot of requests for dark green, and we'll probably offer it soon. But we've done a Bullitt. We've done a Mach 1. There are so many other possibilities out there we want to explore.

TMS: Like a California Special?
HTT: It's on our list.
Check it all out here. :spin:
Old 10/2/04, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Great minds think a like ConvertibleJoe. You got me by a minute.
Old 10/2/04, 10:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Robert+October 2, 2004, 10:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ October 2, 2004, 10:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TomServo92@October 2, 2004, 10:39 PM
EDIT: Dang Robert! You just beat me to it by three minutes!
Gotcha Tom!

DSL 'n all! [/b][/quote]
Well, I got Roadrunner so I don't think that's it. I think it might be my typing skills (or lack thereof).
Old 10/2/04, 10:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will I'll think the Mach1 will come back because the Mach1 it was bang for the buck

you had 305hp Or more B) and price was right at $28,000.00 with 32 value 8V

and out handle an 03-04 Cobras on track what I notice at Nashville Speedway at 40th and see lot of them beat the GTs and Cobras on the dragrace aways. and most at one Mustang show at 40th Anniv Mustang show over 145 03-04 Mach1s showed up whole weekend that's tell me what people what back for SE, In mid 06.
Old 10/2/04, 10:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Truth is, I kinda like the GT just as it is. Redfire, decked out with IUP/Premium Package and those cool 18" fanblade chrome wheels Ford showed, would look great.

What's wrong with these mods:

Go one extra size up in tires (265 vs. 255)

Get that smokin' engine cowling that Ford left off

Paint the mirrors body color

Do the cold air intake, headers, exhaust and under pullys (a la the new Steeda) and you should be good for 350 bhp.

Whaddya think...? Call it a day?
Old 10/2/04, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Cobra will be lucky to see 425-450 crank HP, maybe a little underated if we are lucky.

It looks like all rumors are saying the Cobra will get the Ford Gt engine but without the blower.* This makes sense because it won't anger Ford GT owners like so many have commented on before. We will have to see if the Cobra gets supercharged or not.

* This also means it won't be as easily modded as the 03-04 Cobra but the trade off that they will be looking for is much less weight overall and better weight distribution over the entire car.
Old 10/2/04, 11:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by 05mach1@October 2, 2004, 11:00 PM
Will I'll think the Mach1 will come back because the Mach1 it was bang for the buck

you had 305hp Or more B) and price was right at $28,000.00 with 32 value 8V

and out handle an 03-04 Cobras on track what I notice at Nashville Speedway at 40th and see lot of them beat the GTs and Cobras on the dragrace aways. and most at one Mustang show at 40th Anniv Mustang show over 145 03-04 Mach1s showed up whole weekend that's tell me what people what back for SE, In mid 06.
One more thing take look at GTR Protype it looks like little bit of a Mach1 look to it. B)
Old 10/2/04, 11:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

BTW, every official response from Ford we have read about Shelby/SVT results in the same answer. "The SVT/Shelby relationship has not been resolved." I guess this means either they have something special planned or they are fighting over the name of the Cobra.

I think they should just put both names on the car already and tell us it's coming ....
Old 10/2/04, 11:07 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Dan+October 2, 2004, 10:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ October 2, 2004, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MustangMan311@October 3, 2004, 12:29 AM
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ifornia+special

KapitanGT doesn't work for Ford, he just has inside sources.
His father works for Ford I believe. [/b][/quote]
Family as well as family friends. I wouldn't tell you guys something if I didn't believe it myself. I hate false information. But yeah, from what I have heard they are definately considering a Mach 1 (why wouldn't they?) but it won't be till 2008 at the earliest (2006 is Cal Special, 2007 is Bullitt). Of course I hope it comes out earlier but it's just what I've been told.
Old 10/2/04, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

i think the mach 1 of the past couple years was the best looking car.. i hope it returns.. i liked competition orange best
Old 10/3/04, 02:22 AM
GT Member

As for Mach1 hopes, did anyone notice the "shaker like" indentation inside the hood? I saw it while watching the "Extreme Mustang" show on Discovery Channel. It was while they were preping the body, there is a complete front shot with the hood open --> check it out and tell me if you see what I saw. I immediately thought, Mach1!
Old 10/3/04, 08:43 AM
I Have Admin Envy

It would be cool if a powered-up convertible came out for an S/E

They would have to do something different I think, because Mach1 and Boss have traditionally been coupes.

I know brad would like one.
Old 10/3/04, 09:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'd personally like a Mach 1 Vert. I think that would be very original and would sell pretty good...
Old 10/3/04, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I've made this statement on at least three other threads, but it keeps coming up. Bullitt was a 1968 film. Why would they get this close and not release a Mustang Bullitt for the anniversary of the film? I'd bet my lunch money the Bullitt SE will be released in 08.

There's no way Ford would miss this marketing chance.

Brad, could speculation about future SE be separated into its own category? This has got to be about the thirty-fifth thread on the subject.
Old 10/3/04, 09:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Nazgul@October 3, 2004, 9:20 AM
I've made this statement on at least three other threads, but it keeps coming up. Bullitt was a 1968 film. Why would they get this close and not release a Mustang Bullitt for the anniversary of the film? I'd bet my lunch money the Bullitt SE will be released in 08.

There's no way Ford would miss this marketing chance.

Brad, could speculation about future SE be separated into its own category? This has got to be about the thirty-fifth thread on the subject.
I've also thought about that. It would certainly be a good marketing choice but it would be a looong wait. Maybe Ford has some giant plan to take over the world or something, like Dan's sig; The only thing that we have established is that we have no idea what Ford is doing.
Old 10/3/04, 09:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Another Bullitt? Like the chop we saw maybe?I would die to get one of them.
Machs never got my heart racing-

BUT the supercoolest would be an annual SE in some retro color-Black Jade for me please.
Old 10/3/04, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MustangMan311@October 3, 2004, 9:24 AM
I've also thought about that. It would certainly be a good marketing choice but it would be a looong wait. Maybe Ford has some giant plan to take over the world or something, like Dan's sig; The only thing that we have established is that we have no idea what Ford is doing.
In no way am I speculating that an 08 Bullitt will be the first SE. I just hear a lot of people saying, "Gee, will the 06 be a Boss or a Bullitt or what?" and I believe the 40th anniversary of the film is good reason to remove Bullitt from that list for two years.

I personally think there will be an SE with about 330-360 hp in 06 and the Cobra ball-buster will be 400+ and come after that in 07. Releasing a 350 hp Mach 1 after a 400 hp Cobra wouldn't work. This my not go along with established statements from people inside Ford - I have not been following the SE leaks. It just makes sense to me that way.

For me, I happen to think 0-60 in 5 seconds is plenty of muscle for this old fat man, thank you very much.

But I am the resident film historian (the only one I think) and this is the only bit of film trivia I can contribute here, so I'm gonna do my best to keep everyone reminded of it!
Old 10/3/04, 10:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Piston NV@October 3, 2004, 2:25 AM
As for Mach1 hopes, did anyone notice the "shaker like" indentation inside the hood? I saw it while watching the "Extreme Mustang" show on Discovery Channel. It was while they were preping the body, there is a complete front shot with the hood open --> check it out and tell me if you see what I saw. I immediately thought, Mach1!
Yes I saw it too 32 value V8
Old 10/3/04, 11:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Piston NV@October 3, 2004, 2:25 AM
While people have speculated it is for a shaker scoop, the indent seems to be there for clearance purposes. When you look at how high the intake runners on the V6 or V8 set up in the engine bay, the hood seems to need the area to ensure it can be closed fully. There would have to be some significant engineering work to get a shaker scoop to fit on the top of the 3V engine, based on its current position in the engine bay.

Of course, this is all my speculation!

Quick Reply: '06 Mach 1