2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

05GT vs. SN95 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/04, 10:34 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wantan05@August 29, 2004, 6:07 PM
Interesting that you added in that G35. My father has a G35 sedan, and i've also seen the coupe as well. I really like both those cars they are real classy and they can go . I still think that the 05 stang is awesome (and looks better than the G35) and stick by what i said earlier.
Note, I did say coupe not sedan. The sedan design is nicer IMO.

My only gripe about the sedan is that for a low-slung car (body sits low between the wheels) its too tall making it look top heavy. An example of a successfully done car is the past Cadillac STS. The body is low-slung but the body isn't tall. Much sleaker IMO.

The G35 Coupe has nice rims and an attractive roofline but the rest is pretty boring. Large slab sides that result from a low slung body with a high beltline. The front is nothing to write home about either.

Old 8/29/04, 11:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by onetorquedhorse@August 30, 2004, 4:34 AM
Now the real question is why would someone put a 320 badge on an M3. Maybe to fool crooks into thinking it's a cheaper car so they won't steal it?
I was asking myself the same thing. You cannot mistake an M3 for a 3xx because of the gills on the fender. Must have been some sort of joke or something.
Old 8/30/04, 06:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@August 28, 2004, 4:06 PM
Just when the forcast said ignorant-free, a freak branch blows in unexpectedly :shock:
That happened to me! I was driving down the road and a huge branch fell from the sky. It hit the road and bounced up to hit my hood, windshield, and roof.

I was pretty ticked off. Luckily it is an older car and only put some minor dings in the hood.
Old 8/30/04, 09:01 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by branch@August 28, 2004, 3:50 PM

Personally, plus eveyone of the people I know that saw the 05 at the NY Inter Auto Show thought the current Stang looks superior to the 05. I can't see a thing that's attractive with the 05 except a nice interior. The ext is cheap, without creative design..................if you do retro look at the Cooper, PT Cruiser, etc........even the 68 compares favorably to this 05 almost 40 years later!!!!

I mean look at the front, plain, blah, nothing is dynamice/awsome.........and with those huge fog lights it looks almost ready for off road duty. The rear is again simple/uninspiring sheet metal with two lights stuck on..........................take a peak at the g35 coupe or rx8, they both are drop dead gorgeous with great design lines and features throughout. A starter g35 is admitedly about $31K actual transaction price, but you get tons more features eg all speed stability control, traction control, highly sophisticated front and rear aluminum IDS, brake force adjusters, side and head air bags/curtains, tilt/telescoping wheel in 05, steering wheel radio controls, high intensity headlights w self adjusters, heated seats hi/lo, electric dr and pass seats, diverse antenae, and I could go on for another 15 minutes wtih all the STANDARD stuff, all this for about $3K more than a well equipped GT. Plus, can get a SR and FX radio for $1100 and $300 more respectively.

I think the marketplace wll speak loudly after the initial mad rush, as it has with the T Bird, new minivan, etc................the latest failures of FMC. I TRIED to like the 05, especially after being smitten my the gorgeous concept car, but the 'real deal' is homely/plain. To compare how superior the 05 is engineering/ergonomicly wise is also a stetch..................the current platform is older than most of the people on this website!!
[/quote]
The minute I saw the 05 stang GT I ordered one. You may not like it but this car is to look like the late 60's era, and there are a lot of people that just love the looks of the car like I do.
Old 8/30/04, 11:10 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by branch@August 30, 2004, 1:52 AM
I believe each has the right to his or her opinion...
I totally agree. There was nothing wrong with your comment IMO.

BUT, if you expect to give a strong opinion, you should certainly be ready for a strong response. :yes: