1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Sway bar kit for 2004 mach 1?

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/14, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sway bar kit for 2004 mach 1?

I am curious if anyone on here has done the sway bar kit to their mach 1 and if you would recommend it?

My Mach 1 is my DD but none the less a garage queen.

I am wanting to feel more planted and corner more enjoyably.

I saw american muscle has the kit for sale, and am wondering what any one has to say about that kit or any others.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Sway bar kit for 2004 mach 1?-image-144243619.jpg  
Old 2/24/14, 02:45 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I have the Steeda front and Adj. Rear. Good improvement and compliments my other modifications on my Mach!
Old 2/24/14, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
I have the Steeda front and Adj. Rear. Good improvement and compliments my other modifications on my Mach!
Would you say it's worth the $300 price tag?

I've had my mach 1 since September 2012 and have only done appearance mods. I really want to start getting some other mods on. I really want to add the Mac offroad pro chamber to compliment my magnaflow exhaust.

By the way you have a great looking mach 1! My hood is plastidipped like yours (without the pinstripe) I really want it painted like that. Where or how did you get it done like that?and what did it cost you if you don't mind me asking
Old 2/24/14, 03:19 PM
Post *****

The cost was worth it to me and my driving habits. I've focused more on chassis and suspension modifications to date and I believe I will be done after new shocks/struts installed. I will probably focus on speed next. I'd like to get to ~12.4-12.5 in the quarter mile (have run a 12.9 and have trapped as high as 107.7 (but not on 12.9 run)).

And thanks for the compliments. I believe my hood was about $300 if memory serves. The paint is PPG Ebony with a Matte Clear. It matches the spoiler very well. The paint is raised compared to the orange, but that was never a concern of mine. I went to a guy that restores/paints cars for my hood and rear bumper paint work.
Old 2/25/14, 06:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mach1Maniac
I am curious if anyone on here has done the sway bar kit to their mach 1 and if you would recommend it?

My Mach 1 is my DD but none the less a garage queen.

I am wanting to feel more planted and corner more enjoyably.

I saw american muscle has the kit for sale, and am wondering what any one has to say about that kit or any others.

Thanks in advance.
Beautiful Mach 1! I love the White Mach with the Chrome Wheels.

Suspension is a great place to start if you're all wrapped up with the cosmetic mods. Sway Bars reduce body roll through increased design stiffness over the stock factory bars. The results are superior handling, much better cornering and better stability in any driving situation. It sounds like this is the perfect modification for you! While you're under the car and working on the suspension, I would recommend throwing on a set of Lowering Springs and Control arms.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! You can reach my CS team at the contact information below in my signature if you have any questions at all.

-Dan
Old 2/25/14, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Beautiful Mach 1! I love the White Mach with the Chrome Wheels.

Suspension is a great place to start if you're all wrapped up with the cosmetic mods. Sway Bars reduce body roll through increased design stiffness over the stock factory bars. The results are superior handling, much better cornering and better stability in any driving situation. It sounds like this is the perfect modification for you! While you're under the car and working on the suspension, I would recommend throwing on a set of Lowering Springs and Control arms.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! You can reach my CS team at the contact information below in my signature if you have any questions at all.

-Dan
Thank you ! The chrome bullets were on there when i bought it. I really want my same setup,275 front and 315 rear) just with black chrome fr500s, but I dont think a 315 in the rear will wrap around a 10" rim?I would also agree that I would like to put in lowering springs and control arms.

My only worry is my lack of experience and tools.

And i don't trust taking it to a shop lol.

I don't want to try jumping into a mod and not have all the tools needed (literally have none)

Should be much more do able here in the next couple of months when I move, ill have some extra hands for help, and the tools haha.
Old 2/25/14, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach1Maniac

Would you say it's worth the $300 price tag?

I've had my mach 1 since September 2012 and have only done appearance mods. I really want to start getting some other mods on. I really want to add the Mac offroad pro chamber to compliment my magnaflow exhaust.

By the way you have a great looking mach 1! My hood is plastidipped like yours (without the pinstripe) I really want it painted like that. Where or how did you get it done like that?and what did it cost you if you don't mind me asking
I plan on getting a mac prochamber for my mach in a couple months along with mac catback! Every video ive listened to with the prochamber in the machs sounds amazing I cannot wait!! Curious what your maganaflows will sound like with a prochamber
Old 2/25/14, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife

I plan on getting a mac prochamber for my mach in a couple months along with mac catback! Every video ive listened to with the prochamber in the machs sounds amazing I cannot wait!! Curious what your maganaflows will sound like with a prochamber
I totally agree! The Macs just sound so good. I even thought about swapping out the magnaflow for a SSS adrenaline catbacks(sound mean) but I know I'm gonna want a mid pipe to free up the air flow, so I just want to add the prochamber for now.
I've heard the prochamber with magnaflows and its a great american muscle rumble.
I just love how the 4v motor takes to exhaust mods.

Was going to order one here pretty soon but can find it now.
Old 2/25/14, 01:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't do the front sway bar but the adjustable rear made a huge difference.
Old 2/25/14, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86

I didn't do the front sway bar but the adjustable rear made a huge difference.
I'm asking cause I have no idea. But on the adjustable ones, what are you adjusting?

I just figured it would be bolted in and that was it.

Watched some videos and lowering springs don't seem to bad of a instal. Though one was using a spring compressor, and the other guy used his jack to release the spring and to fit it back in.
Old 2/25/14, 03:28 PM
Post *****

In case you haven't read the description on Steeda's website . . . http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-a...aybar-006-470/

It performs exactly the way Steeda says it does.
Old 2/26/14, 01:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In case you haven't read the description on Steeda's website . . . http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-a...aybar-006-470/ It performs exactly the way Steeda says it does.
^this