1994-2004 V-6 3.8 and 3.9L V6 Mustangs

Mother just backed into my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/04 | 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, it's bad enough that she hit one Mustang...
Old 12/5/04 | 09:40 AM

yeah before you do the "park it at the mall" thing then call the cops and report it to your insurance" i would make sure you have Broadform coverage on your collision therefore you don't pay the deductible.
this happened to me for real where i used to live. i was parked in my spot at the apartment complex ( no camera's ) i come down to take off in it and my rear bumper of my 95 splash ranger is half laying on the ground !! yeah someone pulled in next to me and when they left hooked my rear bumper and ripped it off and just left !!! talk about being mad !! i posted reward signs all over the hallways and needless to say for 50. bucks i found out who did it and they had serious damage to their car. i didnt pay one dime of the repair bill and that clown had serious infractions reported to his driving record !
come to find out they left because they was drunk, underaged drinkers no less.
well that worked out and from then on i got the broadform coverage. it covers everything like this. door dings and dents from careless people at the mall or anywhere really. GOOD LUCK
Old 12/5/04 | 03:12 PM
GT Member

I was going to say that prior to the hammering a Dent-Pro would have pulled the dent. The paint job would have still been an issue, but the suction cup Dent Pro is like 3 bucks at Kragen etc and would have pulled it.

Now, well, you could fraud your insurance company by claiming a Comp type accident (rock, tree branch, etc) or look and see if your company waives the deductible on "same policy" Collisions (two cars, same policy).

I'll tell you though- I know the feeling- I have an 05 Equinox and when it had 1000 miles on it my dad strapped a fold up tent the the roof rack with something (probably dental floss) We are driving up from Santa Cruz and the darn thing flies off and wacks the upper left rear quarter panel leaving a softball sized creased dent and paint damage. I almost killed him and didn't talk to him for 3 months, though when my insurer accepted it as a Comp Claim for $50 deductible I felt a bit better