Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

SVO convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/05, 06:15 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
I have a similar combo in my teal SVO...hoping it will make near 400 to the wheels but it's more of a street car. I just need the time to get the new injectors in and install the SDS stand alone engine management system....
Old 7/7/05, 06:39 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
386 hp

that is one most awesome SVO

arin likes it.

by the way, kinda off topic, but a bit unrelated to the actual ad:

what would you guys think of a real SVO vert (i know they dont exist, but im just speculating) that would be one slick car. and while i dislike the seller for falsly advertsing the car for something it isnt and could never be, i must say, if there were and SVO verts ,i'd want one. the idea never even occured to me, but hot darn, it looks sweet!.

just a thought, wondering what other ppl thunk of the concept (not the actual ad) also do you guys think it would have helped sales much? just a thought :scratch:
Old 7/7/05, 06:41 PM
Post *****

hey.... i didnt type "most awesome" oh well

Old 7/8/05, 06:46 AM
Service Manager

Originally posted by future9er24@July 7, 2005, 6:42 PM
386 hp

that is one most awesome SVO

arin likes it.

by the way, kinda off topic, but a bit unrelated to the actual ad:

what would you guys think of a real SVO vert (i know they dont exist, but im just speculating) that would be one slick car. and while i dislike the seller for falsly advertsing the car for something it isnt and could never be, i must say, if there were and SVO verts ,i'd want one. the idea never even occured to me, but hot darn, it looks sweet!.

just a thought, wondering what other ppl thunk of the concept (not the actual ad) also do you guys think it would have helped sales much? just a thought :scratch:

I have an SVO vert out behind the shop.... Ofcourse I built it It's not finished but I took a badly rusted '86 SVO and swapped all the parts into a '91 GT chassis. I didn't go with an authentic look completely because I liked the '87-93 dash better but the rest of the car is primarily SVO. I don't know if I will ever get a chance to finish it or just sell it to someone else who wants to finish it.

There is also a guy here in Alabama that has over 35 SVOs and built an authentic style SVO vert.

I don't think it would have helped sales back then....the problem was that the car was ahead of it's time and a European style car designed to go after the BMW type market but no Ford dealer knew how to sell to that kind of customer let alone get them into a Ford dealership. Trying to sell a turbocharged 4 cylinder car to the American public back then for $3K or more over the cost of a V8 was just not an easy sale.

Even today people don't understand the SVO until they drive one....THEN they are hooked!

Ofcourse with the rising cost of fuel I may go back to daily driving my teal SVO and take advantage of 30+mpg(with your foot out of the boost ofcourse)
Old 7/8/05, 02:21 PM
Post *****

Old 7/8/05, 03:37 PM
Service Manager

Well, here is what the car used to look like before the previous owner had a light accident up front...he then gutted it and put the drivetrain into a 4 cylinder coupe and I got the shell. I don't have any current pics....if I get time(not likely for a few weeks at least) I'll take some current pics of it....ofcourse it is unfinished.
Old 7/8/05, 05:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome Paul, But I honestly believe that the SVO is not a car that should be a vert, it is a one off kinda car and being a vert would lose the sportiness in a sense, just a thought
And Paul, are u like as obsessed with those SVO's as I am cobras?
Old 7/9/05, 08:29 AM
Service Manager

Originally posted by Fordracing200@July 8, 2005, 5:18 PM
Awesome Paul, But I honestly believe that the SVO is not a car that should be a vert, it is a one off kinda car and being a vert would lose the sportiness in a sense, just a thought
And Paul, are u like as obsessed with those SVO's as I am cobras?
A convertible SVO kills the handling that the car was designed to have...yes, I agree but they never made one and it's different. Besides...with a good chassis and all these parts laying around what else am I supposed to do?

No, I am not obsessed with SVOs....I like them and have a few, I also produce and sell parts for them but I am not obsessed. I don't think I am obsessed with any car in particular anymore....every car I have wanted I have eventually gotten so far, ofcourse they are all realistic goals. There are only 3 new cars right now I would like to own....'05 Mustang, Dodge Magnum Wagon, Mini Cooper S. Each of those cars has great potential for modifications.

Other cars I would like would be a Factory Five Cobra Daytona Coupe, '67 Fairlane GTA, '64 Falcon Hardtop, '67-68 Camaro(I had a '69 I regret selling), and maybe a '64 Impala SS.

I am a car fanatic....not necessarily Ford but primarily Ford. There are too many cool cars out there to just stick with one for life...I've had some I have loved and sold(recently sold my Super Coupe Tbird for example...loved it but time to move to something else). Some I will keep, others I will own a while and move on to something else
Old 7/9/05, 05:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kool, I like the 05 mustang too.