Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Paxton SN93 parts and advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/08, 04:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paxton SN93 parts and advice needed

Recently, my older cousin who has owned a couple fox Mustangs in the past came back to the North East after working in Nevada for a few years...upon his return, he came to my dad's shop where my Mustang rested on a lift. Long story short, he sold his 90 GT before leaving for Nevada and sold it to someone who didn't want to give enough money, so they took the car sans the Paxton SN93 supercharger. He asked me if I wanted it the other day and we went to his parents house and he simply gave it to me.

While that is all fine and good, I now have been trying to do some research to solve some of the problems I am now faced with;

1.) I only have the supercharger itself, no hoses, pipes or clamps...just the unit. So I called Paxton to see if they sold a kit or the components to complete the set. Turns out, they sold the rights of the 'SN' line to a company out of CA known as Paradise Wheels Inc., who is closed until the third week of July. I did find a kit on ebay for almost $1K that included every component but the supercharger itself and I didn't know if that price was steep or not.

2.) The impeller does not freely spin, and it takes a minor amount of effort to spin by hand. I am by no means an expert on this stuff, but I was under the impression that the impeller should spin freely, with no obstructions. Would there be any way that companies who sell these units would take mine as a core and take the price of the core and put it towards a unit they sold?

I got the unit for almost nothing, and would like to put something like this on my car to see what it would do. I didn't know if this supercharger would be worth installing on my car. Besides the top end, my motor is mainly stock. I am running a Ford Racing Cobra upper and lower intake, 70mm throttle body, gt40x heads, F303 cam, 24 lb. injectors, 1.7 roller rockers, stock internals, 110 lph fuel pump....the bottom end of my motor is stock.

If anyone has some insight on any of this, please let me know...I am not sure if this is a worthwhile avenue to venture down...
Old 7/16/08, 05:41 PM
eci
Banned

The SN blowers are pieces of ****, but free is free.

The blower is planetary ball driven, so it is difficult to spin. That's normal. They don't spin free like Vortechs.
Old 7/16/08, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated! I am not familiar with Paxtons at all. My friends are running Procharger and Vortech units, which like you said spin freely, hence my question.

I know it may not be the greatest, but I figure I'll put the thing on and see what it does.