Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs

Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer

Old 7/16/13, 06:18 PM   #1

Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer

Hi,

I recently installed my EGR spacer and EGR valve, because a delete spacer was installed by the previous owner. I need help installing the coolant lines from the EGR Spacer as Im not sure where they need to be Installed. Please Help.
PROFFESER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 7/16/13, 06:56 PM   #2
GT Member

Back to back. Front to front
MustangFrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/19/13, 06:33 PM   #3

Lol sorry I'm a newbie that does help at all.
Old 7/19/13, 09:49 PM   #4
GT Member

You can google a image of it.
MustangFrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/21/13, 01:33 PM   #5

Ok, so there is different info on if you should have coolant running through it anyway. Running very hot water through the spacer really doesnt "cool" the air coming into the plenum.. I have bypassed mine completely... On the water rails there are two small ports for a small hose to fit from that onto the front and then the back.
jacostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/21/13, 08:43 PM   #6
Team Mustang Source

Cooling tube front nipple to EGR front... EGR rear to nipple on lower intake, if I recall correctly...
delz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/22/13, 04:26 PM   #7

OK so I believe I found the rear but still cant seem to find the front. Ive attached two pics blue arrow shows the egr spacer and the red arrow shows where I believe the lines run. Please help, any pics would be greatly helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer-slide11.jpg   Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer-slide1.jpg  
Old 7/22/13, 05:48 PM   #8
Bullitt Member

I believe the front connects to the top of the water passage tube on the lower intake (the black pipe that runs from the heater core to the water pump)
dcpirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/25/13, 06:21 AM   #9

In the top picture your finger is pointing to the Schrader valve on the fuel line. You won't be able to attach a coolant line to that. In the top picture, do you see the big brass fitting connected to the little rubber hose going to the water pump? Normally, that little hose coming out of the water pump goes to one of the large black metal "heater tubes", which you seem to be missing since it also looks like the heater is not hooked up. I can't see what the brass fitting is attached to, but if you ran a little hose from the EGR spacer to whatever the brass fitting is connected to, you would be accomplishing the same thing. It looks like the bottom picture is correct.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/25/13, 06:38 AM   #10
Team Mustang Source

Front hose nipple on the EGR spacer hooks to the hose nipple on the black metal coolant lines.

You can see the hose nipple pointing up in this picture:
Name:  file_zps19787c81.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  178.4 KB

And yes, you are doing the right thing hooking up the EGR spacer. The "hot" coolant flowing into it is MUCH cooler than the hot exhaust gasses that pass thru it... EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation
GT350Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/17, 04:49 PM   #11

One of the two lines that connects to the egr spacer can be found on the coolant tubes that connect on the lower intake. There is a nipple that is located a little towards the front on those metal tubes and that connects to the front(towards the hood) nipple on the egr spacer. The other line connects to a metal nipple thats treaded into the lower intake( from the hood looking back) it is located on the far back left, right under your egr spacer. The hose will go from there to the back side of your egr spacer towards the firewall. Hope this helped.

Last edited by Kyle Campbell; 10/29/17 at 04:52 PM.
Kyle Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote