The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Fox Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f634/)
-   -   Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f634/coolant-lines-egr-spacer-523477/)

PROFFESER 7/16/13 05:18 PM

Coolant Lines from the EGR Spacer

Hi,

I recently installed my EGR spacer and EGR valve, because a delete spacer was installed by the previous owner. I need help installing the coolant lines from the EGR Spacer as Im not sure where they need to be Installed. Please Help.

MustangFrontier 7/16/13 05:56 PM

Back to back. Front to front

PROFFESER 7/19/13 05:33 PM

Lol sorry I'm a newbie that does help at all.

MustangFrontier 7/19/13 08:49 PM

You can google a image of it.

jacostang 7/21/13 12:33 PM

Ok, so there is different info on if you should have coolant running through it anyway. Running very hot water through the spacer really doesnt "cool" the air coming into the plenum.. I have bypassed mine completely... On the water rails there are two small ports for a small hose to fit from that onto the front and then the back.

delz05 7/21/13 07:43 PM

Cooling tube front nipple to EGR front... EGR rear to nipple on lower intake, if I recall correctly...

PROFFESER 7/22/13 03:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK so I believe I found the rear but still cant seem to find the front. Ive attached two pics blue arrow shows the egr spacer and the red arrow shows where I believe the lines run. Please help, any pics would be greatly helpful.

dcpirani 7/22/13 04:48 PM

I believe the front connects to the top of the water passage tube on the lower intake (the black pipe that runs from the heater core to the water pump)

Spaz 7/25/13 05:21 AM

In the top picture your finger is pointing to the Schrader valve on the fuel line. You won't be able to attach a coolant line to that. In the top picture, do you see the big brass fitting connected to the little rubber hose going to the water pump? Normally, that little hose coming out of the water pump goes to one of the large black metal "heater tubes", which you seem to be missing since it also looks like the heater is not hooked up. I can't see what the brass fitting is attached to, but if you ran a little hose from the EGR spacer to whatever the brass fitting is connected to, you would be accomplishing the same thing. It looks like the bottom picture is correct.

GT350Clone 7/25/13 05:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Front hose nipple on the EGR spacer hooks to the hose nipple on the black metal coolant lines.

You can see the hose nipple pointing up in this picture:
Attachment 197700

And yes, you are doing the right thing hooking up the EGR spacer. The "hot" coolant flowing into it is MUCH cooler than the hot exhaust gasses that pass thru it... EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation

Kyle Campbell 10/29/17 03:49 PM

One of the two lines that connects to the egr spacer can be found on the coolant tubes that connect on the lower intake. There is a nipple that is located a little towards the front on those metal tubes and that connects to the front(towards the hood) nipple on the egr spacer. The other line connects to a metal nipple thats treaded into the lower intake( from the hood looking back) it is located on the far back left, right under your egr spacer. The hose will go from there to the back side of your egr spacer towards the firewall. Hope this helped.