1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

finally starting on the 69...

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/13, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart attack at 89? Sorry to hear that. At least he pulled through, must have a strong will. Glad he's ok.

And good luck with all those projects. My 65 is enough project for me.
Old 11/16/13, 08:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Juggalo586
Heart attack at 89? Sorry to hear that. At least he pulled through, must have a strong will. Glad he's ok.

And good luck with all those projects. My 65 is enough project for me.
thanks- yep he's strong willed to put it mildly I gotta get him to sit down and rehash some war stories and such and record them, guys and gals from his generation are full of knowledge/history...he served on the original Enterprise in WWII till she was taken out by a kamikaze, put out one time after repairs but the war wound down before anymore action...that ship really plated a big role in the war...my neighbor across the street is 90, she built corsairs at the goodyear airdock plant...had three other neighbors/friends that were more like parents than neighbors, but lost them back in 04/05, old Don is kinda the last of my 'old' buddies- sure enjoy talking to folks from that age group, so much was achieved during their lifetimes... very thankful my kids enjoy talking to/helping out too, and know he likes the company... we helped rebuild his old 1971 cub cadet last year(had caught fire the year before when he was mowing), the kids like working on stuff...anyways hopefully he'll be back on his feet soon, know age is catching up, but hope and pray he'll still be out pushing his mower at 100

did do *something* on the 69 tonight- pushed the rotisserie out AGAIN so the kids could trade time on the lift, wind was whipping at the plastic I have taped over the door openings, so I taped it down better... first time I touched the car in almost 2 months...
did get the ranger crossmember/tank mounts fabbed up and in, hoping tomorrow morning we can run the brakeline and put the gastank back in... I'm getting tired of pushing that little truck around- still gotta do radius arms, brakes, core support, maybe repaint- but think the core support/paint will wait till he proves his driving skills- hate to put too much work in it if hes not gonna be careful with it...older son was 'a natural' driver, the 15 yr old is not... we'll get the truck safe and reliable for now, pretty it up later, hopefully he will be a good driver sooner rather than later, I mostly worry because he gets overconfident even when he should admit he cant really do something...

Last edited by ford4v429; 11/16/13 at 08:27 PM.