1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Brake help (pressure differential valve)

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 08:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake help (pressure differential valve)

I just replaced the front drum brakes, distribution block (aka pressure differential valve) and brake lines on my 68 Mustang coupe.

I am now getting a red brake warning light that I was not getting before. In my maintanence manual, it says that I need to centralize the pressure differential valve. I have followed the instructions after bleeding the brakes and I can not get rid of this light.

Any suggestions on how to fix this (besides disconnecting the warning light) ??

Need help!
Old 2/9/07, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this same problem on my 1969 years ago after doing some brake work and was able to fix it without too much trouble. I'll go ask my pop if he remembers exactly what we did to fix it and report back. There is something you have to get centered right to get the light to turn off under normal operation if I remember right!
Old 2/9/07, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by shatter
I had this same problem on my 1969 years ago after doing some brake work and was able to fix it without too much trouble. I'll go ask my pop if he remembers exactly what we did to fix it and report back. There is something you have to get centered right to get the light to turn off under normal operation if I remember right!
Thanks for checking into this for me. There is a plunger type valve inside the distribution block that needs to be centered in order for the light to go out. I have followed the instructions to re-center it, but I am not having any luck.

Let me know if you find something out. Thanks again.
Old 2/10/07, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Pull the switch on top of the valve and make sure it moves freely. Mine stuck in the on position after I did my brakes. If the switch is good and you are certain you bled all lines correctly, disconnect the light.