Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/15, 05:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryanh24
. . . . He also recommended Eibach Sportlines? Any knowledge on those?
I have heard they are very stiff, but not sure which Eibach's that was
Old 11/6/15, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Bryan,

Here are the reviews on the Ultra Lites which have a better ride quality than the sports (the Sports are the handling Spring of choice). The Ultra Lite spring is rated to give 1/4 inch more drop, front and rear.

GREAT SPRINGS
Great springs when installed properly. Love the feel and stance of my mustang. But if you are installing these yourself, be sure to check out my thread to avoid common mistakes that even "professional" shops make: http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-...need-help.html

AWESOME RIDE QUALITY!
I had the Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs installed on my 2011 Mustang GT, as I wanted to get rid of the wheel gap and give my car a more agressive stance. The ride quality is unsurpassed and the handling far better than the OE setup. The ride is not noticable stiffer or harsher, which I wanted to accomplish, as the vehicle is my daily driver. The drop looks awesome with my Brembo setup!!! Thanks Gus and the entire Steeda Team in Pompano Beach for being professional, friendly and customer oriented! I will definitely be back for more Steeda products for my ride!
NICE SPRINGS!

I bought these springs 15,000 miles ago and they're working like the day I installed them. I was a little scepticle when I heard these will give you an improved ride quality and improved handling at the same time, I was wrong. The ride comfort/quality is equal to better than stock springs, and the stance of my 05 Mustang is aggressive. Price, as always with Steeda Brand products is the best when you want quality per dollar.
- See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang....jBVjZBti.dpuf[/QUOTE]

We recommend changing the shocks & struts and the camber plates at the same time & strongly recommend a panhard bar when lowering the vehicle. If you plan on doing this down the road ... you can do the entire install at the same time & save money on labor.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 11/6/15, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
TJ, I have a '14 GT/CS vert so it rides a little lower in the rear than a coup but I want to just level it out and remove the wheel gap in back. No interest in lowering the front though.

What kind of drop could I expect from the Sports or Ultralites on a vert? Would the ride or handling be bad if I just did Ultralites in the rear?

I had Sports on my previous 06 GT and liked them although the ride was a little stiffer than I would have preferred. I paired them with Koni Str.ts
Old 11/7/15, 05:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
BMR hands down.
Old 11/7/15, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Fords4Ever,

You are going to want our Sport convertible springs - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...ings-555-8220/

Since these are made specifically for the convertible ... you will see a drop a 1 inch front, 1 1/4 inch rear.

Based on this customer's feedback ... you will see a little stiffer ride:

Installed these on my '14 GTCS convertible. Rides stiffer, but not too stiff, and gave it just the right drop. - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang....Ii59ZwAl.dpuf
I have to check with our install dept. to see if the Ultra Lites in the rear will work.

If you would like ... send me your info to tim@steeda.com & we will work together with our suspension experts to see what kind of options we have for the convertible.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 11/9/15, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Fords4Ever,

You are going to want our Sport convertible springs - http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...ings-555-8220/

Since these are made specifically for the convertible ... you will see a drop a 1 inch front, 1 1/4 inch rear.

Based on this customer's feedback ... you will see a little stiffer ride:

I have to check with our install dept. to see if the Ultra Lites in the rear will work.

If you would like ... send me your info to tim@steeda.com & we will work together with our suspension experts to see what kind of options we have for the convertible.

Best Regards,

TJ
The biggest thing I want to know is can I run just a rear lowering spring? Has anyone done that with success? I'm not a fan of rake so I'm looking for a very level look. I'm at 28-1/2" front and 29-1/2" rear so a true 1" drop would be ideal.
Old 11/10/15, 10:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I have the SR springs and they're OK. They are the cheapest out there. I kept my stock shocks and the ride is honestly VERY harsh and jouncey/bouncey. Traveling on the highway, if you hit a dip or wavy pavement, the car will just drop from underneath you, then drop you down hard, taking your lower back with you. Going over speed bumps at any speed faster than a crawl will slam you down too. I think it would be a better mod if I put on aftermarket shocks too. Other than that, the handling improved tremendously along with elimination of wheel hop and nose diving on braking.

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 11/10/15 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11/10/15, 02:23 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference IMO.. As practically every vendor is going to claim their product is superior and the best, as it's commonly referred to as marketing..

Before I'll purchase a product, I want to know if the manufacturer fully stands behind their products in regards to R&D testing along with what type of materials are used and what type of warranty is offered, but most of all, does the manufacturer's customer support dept provide straight forward and unbiased support for their customers ?

Therefore I don't read into all the marketing hype let alone believe that one product is better over another just because a particular vendor in question claims so..

In the end, I went with Eibach and purchased their Pro Spring Kit for my application as they addressed every concern I had listed above and as far as spring and ride quality are concerned.. the Eibach's have not disappointed and have far exceeded my expectations as a direct result..
Old 11/11/15, 01:49 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really can't go wrong with Eibach springs. Steeda seems to be another popular choice.
Old 11/11/15, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by wlarryf
You really can't go wrong with Eibach springs. Steeda seems to be another popular choice.
You most definitely cannot go wrong with Eibach springs.. They've been on my car for over 8 years now and still perform just as well as they were when brand new..

Oh and btw: Eibach backs up their spring kits by providing an unlimited lifetime warranty where as their competitors clearly do not..

They also have an excellent customer service dept in which they provide straight forward answers to their customers in an unbiased and professional manner unlike the marketing hype you get from some of their competitors..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/11/15 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11/11/15, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
You most definitely cannot go wrong with Eibach springs.. They've been on my car for over 8 years now and still perform just as well as they were when brand new..

Oh and btw: Eibach backs up their spring kits by providing an unlimited lifetime warranty where as their competitors clearly do not..

They also have an excellent customer service dept in which they provide straight forward answers to their customers in an unbiased and professional manner unlike the marketing hype you get from some of their competitors..
Great to hear. I think I've narrowed my choices down to the Eibach Sportlines and the BMR lowering springs. Still going to read more on both of them. Thanks for the info!
Old 11/11/15, 08:41 PM

You definitely won't be disappointed, as both are very excellent choices
Old 11/11/15, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have steeda springs now and put eibach in 3 different cars. I really liked the eibach springs on my other cars. I don't think you'll lose on either choice. I've heard nothing but good things from bmr.
Old 11/12/15, 01:35 PM

I've also heard nothing but positive feedback about BMR as well.. I also noticed from their website they provide a lifetime warranty on their spring packages however it also states that it applies to spring sag only !

Eibach on the other hand, provides a one million mile warranty on their spring packages, which I assume from their website covers everything

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/12/15 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11/13/15, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Steeda springs come with a lifetime warranty & we don't have issues with sagging.

The Steeda Springs are great choice ... nothing to lose!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 11/13/15, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

Daily Drive on Steeda Sports and Steeda panhard bar. Stock struts & shocks. Works great for my needs.

Best lowering springs?-forumrunner_20151113_103844.png
Old 11/13/15, 10:09 AM

Steeda springs come with a lifetime warranty & we don't have issues with sagging.

The Steeda Springs are great choice ... nothing to lose!

Best Regards,

TJ
According to your terms and conditions.. There is no warranty !

Warranty
Your complete satisfaction is our primary goal. All parts and services offered by Steeda Autosports have undergone extensive in-house testing and evaluation to insure the highest level of quality and performance and are guaranteed to be free from material or manufacturing defects when you receive them. However, the industry standard is no parts warranty. Competition parts are sold "as is" without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Any attempted repair or alteration of any part will immediately void the warranty. Warranty does not include damage to wheels by improper care, abuse, or neglect. Pitting is caused by brake dust, chemical abuse, or lack of maintenance and is not covered by Steeda’s warranty.
Old 11/13/15, 12:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Regarding the info above ... there is a certain degree that a manufacturer has to have protection.

On this open forum, for example, I can tell you this ... take our springs for example.

If they fail, then we will replace them as long as the customer has proof of purchase from us or an authorized distributor.

This means if they purchased from Ebay, then it would not be covered.

So yes, we stand behind our products 100% & you will not have any issues.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 11/13/15 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11/13/15, 02:51 PM

Regarding the info above ... there is a certain degree that a manufacturer has to have protection.

On this open forum, for example, I can tell you this ... take our springs for example.

If they fail, then we will replace them as long as the customer has proof of purchase from us or an authorized distributor.

This means if they purchased from Ebay, then it would not be covered.

So yes, we stand behind our products 100% & you will not have any issues.

Best Regards,

TJ
So in other words, as long as the customer can provide proof or purchase from either Steeda or an authorized distributor, Steeda will stand by their products 100% by replacing them for the customer under it's lifetime warranty including a guarantee in writing if in the event they should ever fail.. Therefore would this be considered as accurate ?

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/13/15 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11/13/15, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
I have heard they are very stiff, but not sure which Eibach's that was
John ! From my understanding the Eibach sportlines have the same progressive spring rate as the Eibach pro kit springs I have on my car..

The difference between them is this.. The Sportlines provide a lower drop over the Pro kit springs and are therefore a bit more aggressive.. So I would assume they're probably just a bit stiffer of a spring over the Pro kit springs, but not to the point where ride comfort is sacrificed under normal/daily driving conditions..

Personally, I've been very satisfied with the Pro Kit Springs and according to Eibach, they can be used with either stock/OEM dampers or aftermarket struts/shocks.. However IMHO, I would still recommend upgrading them as well anyhow

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/13/15 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Best lowering springs?