Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

what are you listening to ?

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/14, 08:01 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Not much on sigs . . . But I like mine . . . .
Lifes been good to me so far
Hope its been kind to you
Old 8/23/14, 11:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
In a really groovy mood tonight. Talk about someone that sings from the heart, this **** is deep, comes from way deep down in the soul. Something you can feel, feelings so thick you can almost reach out and touch it. Takes me to a whole different place, evokes tears every time I listen to it.

Old 8/24/14, 12:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
I haven't watched it yet. Hoping they tour close by in the near future!
You need to watch the vid, its really cool and has some good personal stuff about them @ 1 hour 6 minutes Charlie is talking about his dad being a guitar picker in a gospel group and that he became a picker because his dad didn't push him, and that he has a 16 year old son named Christian that he didn't push who has picked up a guitar and how they play Jessica together and how much that song means to him.

****ing awesome.

Old 8/24/14, 01:46 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zoe Jane - Staind
Old 8/24/14, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Zoe Jane - Staind
sweet Zoe jaaannnneeeeeee!
Old 8/24/14, 03:10 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
sweet Zoe jaaannnneeeeeee!
I freaking love that song so much
Old 8/25/14, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

'Take time to know her' Percy sledge
Old 8/25/14, 05:32 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
'Take time to know her' Percy sledge
Great, great song. Have mercy Percy.
Old 8/30/14, 02:42 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Nathan, you should love this if you're a TRUE country music fan. This is the epitome of what modern country should be. No rapping, no explosions, no bull****, just music straight from the heart.

Old 8/30/14, 03:52 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Nathan, you should love this if you're a TRUE country music fan. This is the epitome of what modern country should be. No rapping, no explosions, no bull****, just music straight from the heart. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzoVLDdHwW4
Great song. The lyrics should be an anthem for small southern towns like I live in. So much truth in this song.
Old 8/30/14, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Hum/stars
Old 8/30/14, 05:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Hum/stars

She thinks she missed the plane to Mars
She's out back counting stars

Huge guitar riff
Old 8/31/14, 12:02 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Great song. The lyrics should be an anthem for small southern towns like I live in. So much truth in this song.
No doubt. That second verse hits home so hard that it makes me literally feel sick at my stomach because its so accurate in describing one of my closest family members. Its like it was written about people I know and things I've lived. I hate to say it, but its the true anthem, the epitome of the rural South and how we live and how we think, feel, and live.

This is another great one that is the same way.

Even if I was able and had the creativity to write this stuff, I couldn't have written a better anthem and description of much of my life myself. Its like it was tailored to fit huge sections of my existence on this earth, but put into words and transferred through stings and other instruments. Its a powerful song.

These guys are the real ****ing deal. They picked up where the Southern rock of the Allmans, Skynyrd, etc. left off 40 years ago and carried it over into a new generation. And like the Southern rock gods of the past, they'll probably never get the recognition they deserve, will be looked over as a foot note in music, but to us true music fans, they are something special.

I'm not much of a religious person, but I did kind of nod my head in agreement with what I heard a caller on a talk radio station say the other day. He said that when he gets to heaven, hes sure that music will be playing and that Elvis will be singing and Duane Allman will playing back up on a slide guitar, lol.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/31/14 at 12:11 AM.
Old 8/31/14, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
No doubt. That second verse hits home so hard that it makes me literally feel sick at my stomach because its so accurate in describing one of my closest family members. Its like it was written about people I know and things I've lived. I hate to say it, but its the true anthem, the epitome of the rural South and how we live and how we think, feel, and live. This is another great one that is the same way. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lEWTEk3jg Even if I was able and had the creativity to write this stuff, I couldn't have written a better anthem and description of much of my life myself. Its like it was tailored to fit huge sections of my existence on this earth, but put into words and transferred through stings and other instruments. Its a powerful song. These guys are the real ****ing deal. They picked up where the Southern rock of the Allmans, Skynyrd, etc. left off 40 years ago and carried it over into a new generation. And like the Southern rock gods of the past, they'll probably never get the recognition they deserve, will be looked over as a foot note in music, but to us true music fans, they are something special. I'm not much of a religious person, but I did kind of nod my head in agreement with what I heard a caller on a talk radio station say the other day. He said that when he gets to heaven, hes sure that music will be playing and that Elvis will be singing and Duane Allman will playing back up on a slide guitar, lol.
The only complaint I have about them so far, and I will try and let them grow on me, is the lead singer's voice. The lyrics, songwriting, composition, and overall sound is fantastic. The singers voice is not powerful enough. Or at least does not have that wow factor. He sings well but his tone just doesn't cut it. Possibly with some good effects going thru his microphone may help. There's some great technology that can help deliver his voice better or at least some people that can help him with his delivery. I don't think they will find the success they deserve without doing something about his voice. Just my music critic moment.
Old 9/1/14, 12:32 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Listening to the Gods of blues and Southern rock. That voice, that sound, that groovy vibe. Sheet, it just can't be matched and never will be in my lifetime. My goodness it just doesn't get much better that them. Gregg, Duane, Berry, Dickey, Butch, Jaimoe, etc. What else can you say other than...

Old 9/1/14, 12:33 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
.38 Special
Old 9/1/14, 12:39 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

WOW! Aretha and Duane. Good God almighty.

Love that dirty, gritty, soul music from the 60s with the horns and strings backing it up. Hell yeah.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/1/14 at 12:43 AM.
Old 9/1/14, 12:58 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Love this sheet. Grew up listening to soul music around the house when I was a kid. Can remember every Saturday at my house with my mom cleaning with Otis, the Supremes, Percy Sledge, James Brown, etc. records blasting from a huge entertainment center. Knew every word to every one of the songs. Remember every Friday and Saturday night people from all walks of life, rich and poor, coming over to party, getting screwed up on everything you can imagine and loading the record player with these albums. The sounds, smells, the sights, the people are just burned into my brain. I guess they thought I was too young to know or remember, but it all made a lasting impression on me.

Old 9/2/14, 12:21 AM
V6 Member

I have been obsessed with Battleships by Daughtry.
Old 9/2/14, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by MustangLover2013
I have been obsessed with Battleships by Daughtry. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxM16wFr7I
I'm so sorry to hear this.
You should immediately speak to a doctor.

Quick Reply: what are you listening to ?