Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Supercharger and install input wanted!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Supercharger and install input wanted!

I have a '13 Mustang GT Premium, 6MT. I'm the original owner. It's got 21k on the clock and has been meticulously maintained. I would like to put a supercharger in it. I originally intended to get a supercharger installed much sooner, but life got in the way. I am fairly handy with a wrench, but I am no where near the skill necessary to do such an installation so I would have to pay to have it done.

I know that both Rouche and Shelby make aftermarket superchargers and that they have close relationships with Ford, but I am hoping to get input on what options I have and what is a recommended aftermarket solution. Are Rouche and Shelby good aftermarket? Are there better options? I am looking for high quality option that I can get fixed and maintained without a lot of hassle since I know nothing about them.

And I'd like a recommendation for how to go about finding a shop. I already talked to a customer rep from Rouche about where to have their stuff installed, and predictably they recommended a Ford/Rouche dealer but I would prefer a dedicated performance shop to do the work. I'd rather have the performance pros do it than some tech who may or may not do it often. But, I am open to oppinions -- maybe the Rouche dealers are full up on highly qualified techs too. I live in the Northern Colorado/Denver area if anyone has a particular shop they would recommend in that area (I'd be fine travelling even a couple hours for the right shop).

Thanks
Old Today, 01:57 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,913 Likes on 2,143 Posts
Welcome,

Talking To Owners With Similar Cars and Added On Superchargers at a Large Car Show in Your General Area Would Be My First Advice! Someone Who Has Had it Done and Has Lived With It is The Best Input to Start With! Also Check For a Mustang Club in Your Area! Might Even Wrangle a Ride in One To See The Difference!

That's Just My Angle. Maybe Someone Still Active Here with a Gen II S-197 in Here Has Done One!

Also Gonna Move You To a More Appropriate Forum No Harm No Foul!

I Think You Will Find Some Supercharged Info in These vids as Well!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...e-vids-550426/

KC
Old Today, 02:09 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,154 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Originally Posted by MilesTeg
I have a '13 Mustang GT Premium, 6MT. I'm the original owner. It's got 21k on the clock and has been meticulously maintained. I would like to put a supercharger in it. I originally intended to get a supercharger installed much sooner, but life got in the way. I am fairly handy with a wrench, but I am no where near the skill necessary to do such an installation so I would have to pay to have it done.

I know that both Rouche and Shelby make aftermarket superchargers and that they have close relationships with Ford, but I am hoping to get input on what options I have and what is a recommended aftermarket solution. Are Rouche and Shelby good aftermarket? Are there better options? I am looking for high quality option that I can get fixed and maintained without a lot of hassle since I know nothing about them.

And I'd like a recommendation for how to go about finding a shop. I already talked to a customer rep from Rouche about where to have their stuff installed, and predictably they recommended a Ford/Rouche dealer but I would prefer a dedicated performance shop to do the work. I'd rather have the performance pros do it than some tech who may or may not do it often. But, I am open to oppinions -- maybe the Rouche dealers are full up on highly qualified techs too. I live in the Northern Colorado/Denver area if anyone has a particular shop they would recommend in that area (I'd be fine travelling even a couple hours for the right shop).

Thanks
Along with Roush and Shelby, there's also VMP, Whipple, Kenne Bell and Department Of Boost... As for dedicated performance shops are concerned, I would start out by doing google searches along with Facebook and YouTube... Just type in performance shops in your local area and you should come up with some listings... In the meantime, I've provided some links below for VMP performance, Whipple superchargers, Kenne Bell and Department Of Boost, if interested?

https://kennebell.net/product-catego...mustang-11-14/
https://www.vmpperformance.com/
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/i-2...tg1-30.html?q=
https://www.departmentofboost.com/pr...harger-system/

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; Today at 02:14 PM.
Old Today, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Welcome,

Talking To Owners With Similar Cars and Added On Superchargers at a Large Car Show in Your General Area Would Be My First Advice! Someone Who Has Had it Done and Has Lived With It is The Best Input to Start With! Also Check For a Mustang Club in Your Area! Might Even Wrangle a Ride in One To See The Difference!

That's Just My Angle. Maybe Someone in Here Has Done One!

Also Gonna Move You To a More Appropriate Forum No Harm No Foul!

I Think You Will Find Some Supercharged Info in These vids as Well!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...e-vids-550426/

KC
Kevin! Just an FYI... MilesTeg is a legacy member who's been on TMS since July 30th of 2012
Old Today, 02:23 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,913 Likes on 2,143 Posts
Will Update!

Thanks!

Done Deal!

Updated Avatar With Album Pic as Well!

I Put a Sticky on This One as it is Good Subject Matter!

Cmon, Folks Need More Input Here!

KC
Old Today, 02:25 PM

Anytime!