General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I am trying to find a good performance shop near Austin

Old 12/26/14, 10:02 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am trying to find a good performance shop near Austin

If there is anyone here that knows of a good performance shop near Austin, please direct me.

I have used Lethal Performance in San Antonio a number of years back, but their website is down now, so they may be closed. I also used Allies in South Austin. But I don't think they are a performance shop. (It was to swap transmissions)

I am looking for a shop to install blower, longtubes, xpipe and I think it will need bigger injectors and fuel pumps as well +a tune.

Thanks
Old 12/26/14, 11:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be interested to find this out as well, I live in the same general area...
Old 12/26/14, 11:36 AM
GT Member

I am going to call Lethal next week. I will let you know if they are open. Good shop, just past New Braunfels turn right like you are going to Natural Bridge Caverns and the turn left for a couple of miles.

Still looking around for options closer. I hated leaving my Mach1 there for over a week.

I go through Marble Falls fairly often. I am in Leander. Love the Texas hill country.

Last edited by mhazelwd; 12/26/14 at 11:37 AM. Reason: to add stuff
Old 12/26/14, 11:50 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mhazelwd
I am going to call Lethal next week. I will let you know if they are open. Good shop, just past New Braunfels turn right like you are going to Natural Bridge Caverns and the turn left for a couple of miles.

Still looking around for options closer. I hated leaving my Mach1 there for over a week.

I go through Marble Falls fairly often. I am in Leander. Love the Texas hill country.
All Star Transmission here in town has a Dyno at their shop, but they mainly work on diesel trucks, so I don't know how equipped they would be to provide any tuning on a Mustang...with that said, they're real friendly down there, talk to a guy named Michael...
Old 12/26/14, 11:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
It's not in Austin, but I have my work done at MaximumVelocityPerformance in San Antonio. Everything in my signature was done by them. In early January, I'll be having a Kenne Bell installed by them as well as the requisite parts, and they have all their tunes done by John Lund.
Old 12/26/14, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
It's not in Austin, but I have my work done at MaximumVelocityPerformance in San Antonio. Everything in my signature was done by them. In early January, I'll be having a Kenne Bell installed by them as well as the requisite parts, and they have all their tunes done by John Lund.

Many thanks kcoTiger I will definitely give them a call.