05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Retrofit a 2010 Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/15, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
VGMstudios did it. Some cutting involved. There was also someone who swapped the entire interior from a 2011 into his 05.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ustang-532097/
If I end up with a 2005-09 Mustang later because that's all I can get and can't get anything newer, I may very well swap out to a 2010 style dash and console because I loathe the 2005 style all plastic dash and console style. I tolerated it on the 08 Mustang I had and rejoiced when I got the 2010 model later.

The 2010-2014 dash is my favorite ever and I still like it much more than the gameboy looking mess in the 2015 models.

Last edited by watchdevil; 12/26/15 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12/26/15, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
VGMStudios has an automatic not a manual. A different person did it with a manual, but I just can't remember where I found this person.
Old 1/2/16, 11:55 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
True I do have an auto. The process would be the same wouldn't?
You need to remove everything in order to get it in there and cut away at it slowly until it fits.
I used a rotary tool to trim away at the plastic.
What also would help it lining up the old one with the new one and taking measurements then cut the new one using those measurements.
Old 1/2/16, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by VGMStudios
True I do have an auto. The process would be the same wouldn't?
You need to remove everything in order to get it in there and cut away at it slowly until it fits.
I used a rotary tool to trim away at the plastic.
What also would help it lining up the old one with the new one and taking measurements then cut the new one using those measurements.
Like I told you before VGM, you have just too much patience. I'd of destroyed the **** thing the way I go. lol. Not really, but I certainly don't have your calm, percise way of doing things. Just like the gill cut outs, who the hell has that kind of percerverence? I don't. I can make it fit right and look good, but just don't have that extra drive that YOU do. Keep it up. No, the work, not that. Lol.

Happy New Years Everyone.
Old 1/3/16, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well i got the console home Thursday. I took the interior out the other day to start my work. I have to first do some more sound deadening inside the car, before doing anything, then I am going to be working on getting my wiring done for my new stereo setup. then I can proceed with the centre console install, which will be fun.
Old 1/3/16, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Like I told you before VGM, you have just too much patience. I'd of destroyed the **** thing the way I go. lol. Not really, but I certainly don't have your calm, percise way of doing things. Just like the gill cut outs, who the hell has that kind of percerverence? I don't. I can make it fit right and look good, but just don't have that extra drive that YOU do. Keep it up. No, the work, not that. Lol.

Happy New Years Everyone.
Lol I love your humor AK. Thanks again for your kind words. The thing is I have learned to be this patient especially when it comes to customizing something like my car. What's the point of rushing the job and making it look just ok when if you take your time with the details you know it will look awesome at the end. That's all it is about, the end result. But you too do have a lot of patience AK, I think you just don't see it. I mean the level amount of work you put into that steering wheel mod and the guide. Not everyone could have done that. The amount of knowledge you posses is amazing.

Originally Posted by SeanD
Well i got the console home Thursday. I took the interior out the other day to start my work. I have to first do some more sound deadening inside the car, before doing anything, then I am going to be working on getting my wiring done for my new stereo setup. then I can proceed with the centre console install, which will be fun.

Sean I look forward too seeing your end result. I am also curious to know what you are using for the sound deadening and what it will cost you cause I want to do that to my car this summer as well.
If you can, take pis of your progress I know ppl love seeing that stuff. I know I do
Old 1/5/16, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have already done some sound deadening a couple years ago. It helped a little bit with the cabin noise. I used Second Skin Spectrum Sludge. I did pretty much the whole cabin and trunk area. I picked up some butyl type sound deadening off of Amazon from a company Noico. It is 80mil think and it cost about $60 for 36 sqft, which is too bad. I plan on probably adding that to the trunk area along with another Noico foam sound mat stuff, to hopefully quieten things up more. I have a loud exhaust that can make the cabin a little noisy when the windows are up and to keep the wife happy, I need to do some of this for this year. I am also going to put the butyl mats on the roof, since they say that helps too.

Hours and hours of fun to come!
Old 4/30/16, 06:18 PM

Alright since ive been ask a number of times how i did this i finally was able to take some pictures for those who are interested.
I hope this helps.

If you have any more questions lmk.
Old 5/7/16, 12:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
That looks really nice!!!

Hard mounting points are the same?

Still trying to find a console that doesn't cost a ridiculous sum of money.
Old 5/8/16, 12:34 AM

Everything is the same from what I can remember. You just have to to cut the front down so it can fit.
I bought mine off ebay.