05-09 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics 2005-2009 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics

MY COLOR RETROFIT INSTRUCTIONS {THE FIRST} MY COLOR 2005-2009 S-197 Gen 1

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/06, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it wierd that I have the plug on a 07 GT? Maybee they started putting the plugs back on? anyways.
I'm in the midst of getting my Ford dealer, to try to install it. Just checking to see if the info i've gathered from the forum is correct. So, All I should have to do is give them the Switch part# 4R3z-10D889-AAA. Then a call has to be placed to the cluster replacement center with the vin# for the cluster. And then the cluster center, or the dealership programs the correct mileage and then your all set? am i missing anything?
Old 8/17/06, 03:02 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,576 Likes on 1,905 Posts
Make Sure the Order the IUP Message Center Cluster not a Replacement Cluster!!!!!!!!!! Also Make sure they Do not Get a Canadian Cluster in KPH! It has Happend! Also Tell your Dealer to Download the Info out of the Old Cluster before Removing.

kc
Old 9/18/06, 04:33 PM
GT Member

I have a new 06 GT with 4 gauge insturment cluster. Is it possible for me to do this or does my car not have the plug? Where is this plug located so i might find out myself. And can someone give me the complete list of part numbers/ description so i may print off to give too my local ford parts guy. I would love to have the my colors instrument cluster with the message center. And for the switch assy, does that go on the left of the power port on the center console? Plz excuse me for asking so much i'm a noob to this forum. Thnx in advance for any and all help.
Old 9/18/06, 08:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Marine... I believe KC answered many of your questions on page one of this thread. The switch assembly does, in fact, go to the left of the power port on the center console. If you pop out the dummy plug in this location you may or may not see a wire harness. If you don't see the harness then its likely that your Mustang does NOT have the wiring to support IUP.

Per Kevin the part number for the switch assembly is 4R3Z-10D889-AAA. The base part number for the IUP cluster is 10849. The dealer will also need your exact mileage, model, and VIN number.
Old 11/7/06, 01:40 PM

What about using a used one?

I was wondering after seeing a used cluster, can a used one be reprogramed??? Or do you have to get and exchange one that has had all data wiped???
Old 11/8/06, 06:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BILLB60
I was wondering after seeing a used cluster, can a used one be reprogramed??? Or do you have to get and exchange one that has had all data wiped???
Its my understanding that the cluster has to be re-programmed for the specific car. If not, its possible that some gauges may not work right.
Old 11/13/06, 04:26 PM

I JUST INSTALLED A USED CLUSTER I PURCHASED ON E- BAY AND ALL WORKS WELL ,NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, ALL GUAGES WORK, MY COLR WORKS,MESSAGE CENTER WORKS

NO "WARNING BEEPS" AFTER OVER AN HOUR OF TEST DRIVING.

I WILL BE POSTING PIX AND HOW TO AS SOON AS I CAN FIND THE D**MN USB CABLE FOR CAMCORDER!!!
Old 11/13/06, 07:06 PM
Cobra Member

Awesome news!! Congrats!
Old 11/16/06, 02:44 PM

I wonder how many Iup Upgrades were born in this Now almost two year old Topic!
Old 11/16/06, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by mstngchef
I JUST INSTALLED A USED CLUSTER I PURCHASED ON E- BAY AND ALL WORKS WELL ,NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, ALL GUAGES WORK, MY COLR WORKS,MESSAGE CENTER WORKS

NO "WARNING BEEPS" AFTER OVER AN HOUR OF TEST DRIVING.

I WILL BE POSTING PIX AND HOW TO AS SOON AS I CAN FIND THE D**MN USB CABLE FOR CAMCORDER!!!
Good News must have been a Similarly Equipped Car.
Old 11/20/06, 04:09 PM

Need the gauges

Any more info on being able to get the gauges from the dealership and put them in yourself? This link ( http://www.mustangforums.com/archive...2050264-1.html )
has interesting information to that effect.
My questions are:
* anybody installed themself and had effective results?
* Would I be able to have the dealership flash my new cluster outside of the car? when I go to pick it up with the old one off the car?
* anybody do it themselves and have the beep? If so how did you fix it?
* if I do do it myself and I do get the beep can I then go to the dealership to have them fix it?

I know its a lot of questions, so I more then appreciate answers, I just really want the gauges/message center.

Thanks!
Old 11/21/06, 02:41 PM

Well, I got the gauges from the dealer, ordered them for a 2007 GT in mph, 6 gauge cluster and the switch
The part number for the cluster was 7R3Z10849GA andthe switch was 6R3Z18578AA.
I talked to the service department they said that they would charge two hours of labor if they had to install it.
I have an agreement with them that I'm gonna take it home and install it, and see if it works. If it doesnt Im gonna bring it to them for the install.
I know how to remove and reinstall it, but does anybody know the best way to disconnect the power when installing it? Can I just unhook the negative battery terminal and do the install, like I did on my 94 GT when I installed white faced gauged clusters?

Thanks for any and all responses.
Old 11/27/06, 07:15 PM

The first dealership I went to actually went into the "deer in the headlights" Mode. The second understood, I thought, and ordered the cluster. What came in was the 4 gauge cluster that I already had. Took it back and explained, slowly, what it was that I wanted. Gave him the VIN # and Milage. Wasn't 2 miles away before he called me and asked if it was the 6 gauge cluster I wanted. "D'oh" I printed your post and went back. Yes, finally, he contacted the cluster center and ordered the right part. Cluster center told him it would void my warrenty. Void which part of my warrenty? The whole car? The parts guy was trying to explain to me how the cluster could inter-react with all sorts of things and make the radio go "boom" or the tires go "pop". Told him he was full of crap. Authorized ford part plugging into the proper harness should not void anything. He then backed off and said if the cluster went out I would be liable. But, they would like for me to ship my old one back to them so they can resell it as reconditioned. The saga in Louisianna continues.
Everything in and working great.
Old 11/29/06, 07:20 PM

the first 2007!?

Hopefully I'm the first 2007 with a successful mycolor install!

Well it wasnt all successful at first, i installed the gauges and switch myself, everything with the gauges worked fine. But there was an audible chime that sounds like when you leave your keys in the car or your lights on when trying to the exit the vehicle when i went into reverse. So i went to the dealership and asked someone to reflash the computer.
I installed the old gauge, they uploaded the info from it
then i put the mycolor back in and they put the info back into it.
Then I had a successful conversion.
and it all works.

Thanks.
Feel free to throw any questions my way.
Old 12/1/06, 03:34 PM

Bottom Line New Cluster will need Download! Used Cluster if similarly Equipped Car may Plug and Play!

KC
Old 3/8/07, 04:06 PM

I have Some Message Center Switches Collecting Dust on the Shelf! If you are going to do the Upgrade Help a Lonely Switch Out! Shoot me an Email or give me a Call!

Kc
Old 4/12/07, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't feel like reading the 196 posts prior to this one so my apologies if someone has already answered this question:

As long as the cluster needs to be replaced, can I replace a non-My Color V6 cluster with a My Color cluster from a GT? My V6 has the wiring -- I checked.
Old 4/12/07, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc

This Installation was completed at the Dealership I am employed at Yesterday!

This is my personal car and everything appears to function correctly!

The parts needed are the info/setup buttons and an IUP cluster.

All wiring was present in my particular 2005 GT Auto Application.

The install will need to be performed by a dealership as the Information in the existing cluster will have to be downloaded and reloaded into the existing cluster.
The info must be downloaded from the old cluster before removing old cluster.

It was a simple operation on my particular application. And no difficulties were encountered. WARNING RESULTS MAY VARY!

In order for you Dealer to get you a cluster you will need current mileage and your complete vehicle vin #. Mileage is programmed at cluster center.

There are different IUP clusters for v6 & v8 applications and also depending on your vehicle bulid date! If you attempt to use a v8 cluster in a v6 most likely your tach will not funtion correctly.

When your Dealer orders the cluster from their authorized cluster replacement center have them state that they are doing an Upgrade and verify they will accept the standard cluster as a core. The Core could get expensive!

I do not have exact pricing on this conversion but would estimate it at $450.00 to $600.00 installed depending on your dealers pricing and labor rate!

FYI

KC

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD MAY BE DELETING THE WIRING FOR THE MYCOLOR SWITCH ON THE MUSTANGS! PULL YOUR BLOCK OFF PLATE AND CHECK FOR WIRING PLUGGED INTO DUMMY BEZEL BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS! 04/19/05 IT IS POSSIBLE IT IS TUCKED OR TAPED INTO LOOM BUT YOU WILL NEED TO VERIFY IT'S THERE FOR A SUCCESSFULL CONVERSION.
[attachmentid=18588]

I sent a Parts Inquiry to ford today to check on the Plug issue 06/21/05 It seems a Subharness used on very Basic equipped Stangs may be left out simply as a cost cutting tool. So You need to check your wiring plug before attempting the IUP Message center upgrade. The Harness cannot be purchased separately. 08/03/05
If you do not have Traction Control you Most Likely do not have the IUP PLUG!

kc

BUMP
Old 4/12/07, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Willie
I didn't feel like reading the 196 posts prior to this one so my apologies if someone has already answered this question:

As long as the cluster needs to be replaced, can I replace a non-My Color V6 cluster with a My Color cluster from a GT? My V6 has the wiring -- I checked.
The install will need to be performed by a dealership as the Information in the existing cluster will have to be downloaded and reloaded into the existing cluster.
The info must be downloaded from the old cluster before removing old cluster.
Old 5/3/07, 07:16 PM

Mycolor swap

Hello All!
Been reading posts, nice Forum-just joined!! I too opted for the IUP delete,too much shiny aluminum, and never realized I had the 4 guage cluster until it was too late. I want the IUP mycolor- 6 guage cluster w. message center! I checked and have the wiring! Just starting to ask the dealership-they had no idea, but may be interested.
I understand the pn for the gauge cluster is custom, and guessing the switch will have to be current to year(warranty)-so gonna have to get to know some of the parts and service guys good. Hope they will honor warranty! and willing to try... After purchase upgrades should be good money for a dealership, and this sounds too easy!

btw, my car=2007 Mustang GT, auto, windveil blue w. black racing stripes, dark charcoal cloth int.(traction control)-Love it! (2100klm's so far) British Columbia, Canada

Quick Reply: MY COLOR RETROFIT INSTRUCTIONS {THE FIRST} MY COLOR 2005-2009 S-197 Gen 1