Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

The TMS Dog Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/14, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
A famous person was once asked, "how would you like to be remembered?" His answer was, "I just want to be remembered." You'll always miss Leto, and that means he'll never be forgotten, just like that famous person said. And I want to believe that Leto, Shelby, and the spirits all all the pet kids, no matter where they are now, somehow know that. Although I'm getting on Tiki this Friday for a few weeks, I've been longing for a full time companion of my own. Logistically it's not practical now, but some point earlier next year I hope to ben selling my home here in NJ and buying a townhome in nearby Eastern Pa. Once I'm squared away, I want to get a dog, and I've decided it'll be a rescue. I've given this a lot of serious thought. My preference would be a 3-5 year old Sheltie, but regardless, I want whatever dog I choose to be given a second chance. I can understand owner give-ups....loss of a job or home, human health issues, not compatible with a new baby...those are valid reasons. But what rips me up the most are dogs who are just flat-out abandoned. That's the dog I want to provide a home for.
When I wasn't working, I volunteered at our local shelter. It was fun, and a good thing for sure, but I couldn't keep doing it. I just wanted to take all of them home. It was strange that some dogs had a LOT of personality and some were just blah. But still, I enjoyed knowing that even if I was the last human they got to spend time with, at least they were loved.
Old 12/14/14, 10:03 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
When I wasn't working, I volunteered at our local shelter. It was fun, and a good thing for sure, but I couldn't keep doing it. I just wanted to take all of them home.
There are frequent adoption days at the local PetSmart which are run by several local rescue organizations.

I avoid going near PetSmart on those days for the exact reason you mentioned.
Old 12/14/14, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
There are frequent adoption days at the local PetSmart which are run by several local rescue organizations. I avoid going near PetSmart on those days for the exact reason you mentioned.
I literally started trying to figure out how to start a puppy farm lol
Old 12/14/14, 12:37 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Still missing the Leto. I can see it in his eyes and he in mine.
Poor pup

Originally Posted by denlem
Rare photo of camera shy Dexter. Nya laying there in the background.
What a handsome face
Old 12/15/14, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I lost 2 of my American Eskimo dogs this year. One had bone cancer and we had to put her down on September 11th, not a good day. The other died at the ripe age of 15 and went on his own terms. Here is a pic of my 10 year old, Blaze. The TMS Dog Thread!-image-1921012278.jpg

This is his daughter Nikki-she is 7.

The TMS Dog Thread!-image-4011276661.jpg

Last edited by 08gtcslady; 12/15/14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12/15/14, 10:03 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 08gtcslady
I lost 2 of my American Eskimo dogs this year. One had bone cancer and we had to put her down on September 11th, not a good day. The other died at the ripe age of 15 and went on his own terms. Here is a pic of my 10 year old, Blaze. Attachment 166567

Attachment 166568

I'm so sorry for your loss...at least Blaze and Nikki will get double the love.
Old 12/15/14, 10:11 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I lost 2 of my American Eskimo dogs this year. One had bone cancer and we had to put her down on September 11th, not a good day. The other died at the ripe age of 15 and went on his own terms. Here is a pic of my 10 year old, Blaze.
That's a rough year.
Old 12/15/14, 10:39 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Titan always wants to cuddle. Captain is my new footstool
Attached Thumbnails The TMS Dog Thread!-image-3180027379.jpg   The TMS Dog Thread!-image-180481990.jpg  

Last edited by NinjaSteffers; 12/15/14 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12/15/14, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Thx for the sympathy notes. They are very well loved. Blaze is my boy...goes every where i can take him with me. He us my shadow. Idk what i will do when something happens to him. Nikki is my bedtime cuddler...right beside me every nite. It sucks losing them, but they are worth every minute of pain for all the unconditional love they give every day u have em.

The worst part with Sasha ( the one who had the bone cancer) , is that she beat the cancer the first time she had it. She had surgery and it was all contained in the tumor they removed. She lived almost 3 more years before the bone cancer came on and took her from us. Here is a pic of her.

The TMS Dog Thread!-image-2079025545.jpg
Old 12/15/14, 02:24 PM
FR500 Member

It sucks losing them, but they are worth every minute of pain for all the unconditional love they give every day u have em. Attachment 166572
Sasha is beautiful. So are the others for that matter.

Unlike many of you here who have been pet parents all your lives, I didn't own a dog until I was 49. We got Shelby shortly after 9/11. Because of the immense sadness of that time we desperately needed a big shot of happy. It worked, and in spades. Shelby and I bonded immediately before we even brought him home. When you know, you know. The mutual love was endless. To this day I continue to feel him here in the house.

Seven years ago we got Tiki, and then in early 2013 Shelby died unexpectedly. I was devastated, I still miss him, and he will never leave my heart.

My wife, now my ex, and I share custody of Tiki. She's a sweetheart, and I love her to death. I'm getting her on Friday and will have her almost 3 weeks. I can't wait...I just got back from the pet store and stocked up on a ton of stuff to spoil her with. Sometimes I call her Shelby though.

Here's a Christmas pic from several years ago when we were all still together. Shelby is on the right.
Attached Thumbnails The TMS Dog Thread!-tree.jpg  
Old 12/15/14, 02:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Titan always wants to cuddle. Captain is my new footstool
Thx for the sympathy notes. They are very well loved. Blaze is my boy...goes every where i can take him with me. He us my shadow. Idk what i will do when something happens to him. Nikki is my bedtime cuddler...right beside me every nite. It sucks losing them, but they are worth every minute of pain for all the unconditional love they give every day u have em.
The worst part with Sasha ( the one who had the bone cancer) , is that she beat the cancer the first time she had it. She had surgery and it was all contained in the tumor they removed. She lived almost 3 more years before the bone cancer came on and took her from us. Here is a pic of her.
Unlike many of you here who have been pet parents all your lives, I didn't own a dog until I was 49. We got Shelby shortly after 9/11. Because of the immense sadness of that time we desperately needed a big shot of happy. It worked, and in spades. Shelby and I bonded immediately before we even brought him home. When you know, you know. The mutual love was endless. To this day I continue to feel him here in the house.
Seven years ago we got Tiki, and then in early 2013 Shelby died unexpectedly. I was devastated, I still miss him, and he will never leave my heart.
My wife, now my ex, and I share custody of Tiki. She's a sweetheart, and I love her to death. I'm getting her on Friday and will have her almost 3 weeks. I can't wait...I just got back from the pet store and stocked up on a ton of stuff to spoil her with. Sometimes I call her Shelby though.
Here's a Christmas pic from several years ago when we were all still together. Shelby is on the right.
Awesome dogs everyone.
I miss mine bad.
Old 12/15/14, 02:49 PM
FR500 Member

[QUOTE=Stage_3;6878533]
I miss mine bad. /QUOTE]

I miss mine way more than I miss my wife.
Old 12/15/14, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Triple black...lol...my hubbie always says i treat my dogs better than him too!! Thanks fellow pet parents for the comments. Love the name Shelby...idk why...lol...such pretty dogs too. Nice pic!

We meet a bunch of our family every Sunday for breakfast or dinner and for awhile there it was like a pet loss support group. It was so sad, but comforting at the same time cause we all know how the other felt. My mom in law had to put down her yorkie/chihuahua mix. My brother had to put down his mastiff. My dad & his wife had to put down their cat & u know my story already. We would start talking about it and all be crying...must have been quite a site for the other customers in the restaurants.

Oh, and incase u guys hadnt noticed, the dogs on my pic for posting look like my dogs...lol. Loved it when i found that pic on FB.

Last edited by 08gtcslady; 12/15/14 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12/15/14, 03:30 PM
FR500 Member

Triple black...lol...my hubbie always says i treat my dogs better than him too!! Thanks fellow pet parents for the comments. Love the name Shelby...idk why...lol...such pretty dogs too. Nice pic!

We meet a bunch of our family every Sunday for breakfast or dinner and for awhile there it was like a pet loss support group. It was so sad, but comforting at the same time cause we all know how the other felt. My mom in law had to put down her yorkie/chihuahua mix. My brother had to put down his mastiff. My dad & his wife had to put down their cat & u know my story already. We would start talking about it and all be crying...must have been quite a site for the other customers in the restaurants.

Oh, and incase u guys hadnt noticed, the dogs on my pic for posting look like my dogs...lol. Loved it when i found that pic on FB.

Before I became a pet parent, I would have thought a pet loss support group was a bunch of ridiculous wimpy crybabies. But if one was available after I lost Shelby, I'd have joined in a heartbeat.

(As a side note, before I got my Mustang I always said that I'd never be one of those a$$holes who parked their nice car at the empty end of a lot. Now I am one of those a$$holes).

Thanks for the nice words about my Shelties. All the dogs seen here beautiful. Many people remark how lucky dogs are to be in a good home. I say that it is we who are lucky to have them in our lives.
Old 12/15/14, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Many people remark how lucky dogs are to be in a good home. I say that it is we who are lucky to have them in our lives.
U got that right! It just sucks that we only get them for a short time.

( i am one of those a$$holes too...lol)
Old 12/15/14, 11:17 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

That is a touching story Tom. Their unconditional love and loyalty is rarely matched in our lives. Likewise, I miss Leto all the time. The wallpaper in my truck nav screen is a photo of the 2 of them. Here's my boys back in 2012 at Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails The TMS Dog Thread!-tag-leto-xmastree.jpg  
Old 12/16/14, 06:11 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I miss Leto all the time. The wallpaper in my truck nav screen is a photo of the 2 of them. Here's my boys back in 2012 at Christmas.
I think a lot of us miss Leto for you, Darren.

That's a really great picture of them.
Old 12/16/14, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Been a while since Flash had a picture up here so I'm posting one.

Name:  IMG_0645_zps876bd29a.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  92.9 KB
Old 12/16/14, 06:55 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Been a while since Flash had a picture up here so I'm posting one.
What a great name!!! Cool looking dog.
Old 12/16/14, 07:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
He's the most social Basset I've ever known, loves people. We named him after the hound on Dukes of Hazzard, but he takes to the name well in the yard too. Fast for a sausage with four legs.

Edit: This is him at his, uh, most festive. He hates that sweater. That's his look of betrayal.

Name:  IMG_0666_zps2d6f2a47.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  119.9 KB

Last edited by kcoTiger; 12/16/14 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: The TMS Dog Thread!