Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/09, 09:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
My sisters are hogging the tv and watching legally blonde. Is no one on?
Old 9/26/09, 09:24 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Move out of Canada and you'd have more than one season that didn't suck.

I think you would be sick of summer if you had it like we do down here. You'd be praying for fall to get here. It's beautiful, and comfortable.
Preach it

Alright, so today, in this order, my dad and I did this. At 8:00AM we left the house for Advance for 6 quarts of oil and a filter(got a deal, 5 quarts of penzoil and a filter for $15), a PCV Valve, Fuel Filter, another bottle of coolant system flush, Crankcase Ventilation Filter, thermostat, gasket, hose clamps, gallon of antifreeze and an Upper Radiator hose. We had to go 5 miles down the road to another advance for the lower hose. Then we went to walmart for wipers, but they didn't have my size, so had to go to another walmart.

So that took till about 11:00. We then took a break, ate lunch, and started.

So by 11:45 we were out on the truck. We started on the PCV Valve, 'cause it was easy, just had to find it back behind the intake runners. Then we changed the Crankcase filter, which sits in the bottom of the air filter box to catch blow by oil. Then we changed the fuel filter, which was my first time under the truck. Next came the oil change, which went nice and easy. So by now it was about 2:00. We then pulled the truck into the grass to start the coolant flush. So we emptied out the mostly water mix, put in the chemicals, and waited. She started idling REAL nice after this Then after that was all good, we turned her off, let her cool, and changed the wipers. So after it cooled, and we aided that by taking off some hoses and the radiator cap, not the smartest, but it turned out fine. So then we have to push the truck forward about 8 feet on our spongey yard. That was quite the workout! So by now it's maybe 3:30 and all's going smoother. First we put on the lower hose, which wasn't that hard, just had to get the right angle. So we start on the thermostat, where the problems set in. First, the **** thing has a bolt that needs a deepwell socket I don't have so I borrowed one from my neighbor. Then, in the housing for the thermostat, it has a very slightly recessed area where it has to be, which it has to be in otherwise it leaks. Well my dad was doing all this, and because the t-stat didnt sit right, it took 3 times of re-seating and tightening, then running water through to make sure it wasn't leaking

So finally, at about 7:30, right as daylight is running out, we get everything all set up and start her up. My neighbor really likes the sound, he's the same guy I borrowed the much needed socket for.

Final scores
My dad and I: ~6
The truck: 3

Now I wanna get new spark plugs and possibly a tune up to see if it helps the very occasional hesitation problem. It's not trans slip though, which I was getting all worried about last night. I wasn't thinking it through then.

AND! First mod: University Of Michigan front license plate*

*normally I wouldn't have a front plate, but the holder is riveted to my bumper.
Old 9/26/09, 09:35 PM

Good to hear!
Old 9/26/09, 09:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
You don't have your own tv? You should spring for one, sounds like the wimmins is taking over at your house.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Preach it

Alright, so today, in this order, my dad and I did this. At 8:00AM we left the house for Advance for 6 quarts of oil and a filter(got a deal, 5 quarts of penzoil and a filter for $15), a PCV Valve, Fuel Filter, another bottle of coolant system flush, Crankcase Ventilation Filter, thermostat, gasket, hose clamps, gallon of antifreeze and an Upper Radiator hose. We had to go 5 miles down the road to another advance for the lower hose. Then we went to walmart for wipers, but they didn't have my size, so had to go to another walmart.

So by 11:45 we were out on the truck. We started on the PCV Valve, 'cause it was easy, just had to find it back behind the intake runners. Then we changed the Crankcase filter, which sits in the bottom of the air filter box to catch blow by oil. Then we changed the fuel filter, which was my first time under the truck. Next came the oil change, which went nice and easy. So by now it was about 2:00. We then pulled the truck into the grass to start the coolant flush. So we emptied out the mostly water mix, put in the chemicals, and waited. She started idling REAL nice after this Then after that was all good, we turned her off, let her cool, and changed the wipers. So after it cooled, and we aided that by taking off some hoses and the radiator cap, not the smartest, but it turned out fine. So then we have to push the truck forward about 8 feet on our spongey yard. That was quite the workout! So by now it's maybe 3:30 and all's going smoother. First we put on the lower hose, which wasn't that hard, just had to get the right angle. So we start on the thermostat, where the problems set in. First, the **** thing has a bolt that needs a deepwell socket I don't have so I borrowed one from my neighbor. Then, in the housing for the thermostat, it has a very slightly recessed area where it has to be, which it has to be in otherwise it leaks. Well my dad was doing all this, and because the t-stat didnt sit right, it took 3 times of re-seating and tightening, then running water through to make sure it wasn't leaking

So finally, at about 7:30, right as daylight is running out, we get everything all set up and start her up. My neighbor really likes the sound, he's the same guy I borrowed the much needed socket for.

Final scores

Now I wanna get new spark plugs and possibly a tune up to see if it helps the very occasional hesitation problem. It's not trans slip though, which I was getting all worried about last night. I wasn't thinking it through then.

*normally I wouldn't have a front plate, but the holder is riveted to my bumper.
That's great. It's good that you are doing something like that together with your dad. When you get older, you will look back and remember things like this and how much you learned.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/26/09 at 09:43 PM.
Old 9/26/09, 09:44 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
He actually asked me what I'd learned today, and I feel besides the coolant flush, I could do everything we did today on my own now. He's a good teacher.
Old 9/26/09, 09:54 PM

You don't have your own tv? You should spring for one, sounds like the wimmins is taking over at your house.
Why would I have my own tv? And even if I did, we only have directv in three rooms. My sisters are so bossy. They think they can get me to do whatever they want for them by being pushy and rude. Sorry, doesn't work that way.
Old 9/26/09, 09:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

He actually asked me what I'd learned today, and I feel besides the coolant flush, I could do everything we did today on my own now. He's a good teacher.
Sounds like a really good dad, you are lucky to have him in this day and age. I always ended up in a fight with mine when doing stuff like that, but I started at about 8 and was eager to learn. However he was impatient and I ended up getting cussed out and called a stupid *** for getting the wrong tool or not being able to read his mind when he referred to something he wanted me to fetch. Got a little better when I got older, but even to this day it is hard for us to work on something together with out one or both of us getting pissed off at some point. I guess we are both too hard headed when we get an idea in our mind.
Old 9/26/09, 10:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Why would I have my own tv? And even if I did, we only have directv in three rooms. My sisters are so bossy. They think they can get me to do whatever they want for them by being pushy and rude. Sorry, doesn't work that way.
Why wouldn't you have your own tv? And DTV in 3 rooms but you can't watch? How many sisters do you have? Sounds like you and your brother need one of them to yourselves. Offer to have it added in your room, and pay the extra on the bill each month, its only like 6 bucks a month for an extra room isn't it?
Old 9/26/09, 10:01 PM

Sounds like a really good dad, you are lucky to have him in this day and age. I always ended up in a fight with mine when doing stuff like that, but I started at about 8 and was eager to learn. However he was impatient and I ended up getting cussed out and called a stupid *** for getting the wrong tool or not being able to read his mind when he referred to something he wanted me to fetch. Got a little better when I got older, but even to this day it is hard for us to work on something together with out one or both of us getting pissed off at some point. I guess we are both too hard headed when we get an idea in our mind.
Sounds like my grandpa. I know my dad got enough from him when he was younger. Apparently my great grandpa was even worse.
Old 9/26/09, 10:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Megan Fox on SNL.......
Old 9/26/09, 10:05 PM

Why wouldn't you have your own tv? And DTV in 3 rooms but you can't watch? How many sisters do you have? Sounds like you and your brother need one of them to yourselves. Offer to have it added in your room, and pay the extra on the bill each month, its only like 6 bucks a month for an extra room isn't it?
Because I spend all my money on my cars. Mom has the tv in her room, sisters hogged the 46" with nice stereo downstairs, and my dad had the other tv in the living room, which I've managed to get a hold of now. It's so small though, I can barely see what's going on. 32" of puny.
Old 9/26/09, 10:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It's so small though, I can barely see what's going on. 32" of puny.
See, I told you doing that would make you go blind.
Old 9/26/09, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks guys I had an awesome birthday. The day before, I attended my grandfather's funeral in monterrey he died at the age of 92. Long 12 hour trip from college station to Monterrey. He always spent my birthdays with me and this years it was true. I felt his prescence the whole day
Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but he's in a better place now watching over you
Took a couple pics of the GT on my way home from church tonight. Only had my cell though.

I made my sister duck.
Cool pics Nathan.
Go get yerself a new TV with a prepaid Direct TV box and you'll be set.
Preach it

Final scores

Glad everything went well. My dad & my grandpa taught me most of what I know of fixing cars. It was really cool. Now it's rare that my dad and I wrench together.
Old 9/26/09, 10:13 PM

See, I told you doing that would make you go blind.
I thought that was Alec.
Old 9/26/09, 10:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I thought that was Alec.
Maybe it was, but it sounds like I should have told you too.

When my dad told me that, I asked him if I could just do it until I needed glasses.
Old 9/26/09, 10:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Because I spend all my money on my cars. Mom has the tv in her room, sisters hogged the 46" with nice stereo downstairs, and my dad had the other tv in the living room, which I've managed to get a hold of now. It's so small though, I can barely see what's going on. 32" of puny.
Everything on the cars? Sometimes you've got to pamper yourself with well earned comforts, since YOU work for YOUR stuff. I like to buy stuff for the cars too, but I'm not 100% of the time on the cars. That's why I bought myself a nice Sony TV and lots of movies to enjoy in my room whenever I please. My sister is like that too, but I just try to ignore her or tell her to stfu.
Old 9/26/09, 10:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...s_home_to.html

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/26/09 at 10:21 PM.
Old 9/26/09, 10:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

I saw this in POTR.
Old 9/26/09, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
I saw this in POTR.
looks like what happened to Bill
Old 9/26/09, 10:40 PM

Maybe it was, but it sounds like I should have told you too.

When my dad told me that, I asked him if I could just do it until I needed glasses.
LOL
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Everything on the cars? Sometimes you've got to pamper yourself with well earned comforts, since YOU work for YOUR stuff. I like to buy stuff for the cars too, but I'm not 100% of the time on the cars. That's why I bought myself a nice Sony TV and lots of movies to enjoy in my room whenever I please. My sister is like that too, but I just try to ignore her or tell her to stfu.
Not everything, but the majority of it. The only other things I really buy are music, concert tickets, and food. lol

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast