Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/15, 10:47 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

How was that ride through the Atl? Did you dodge all those smokies in Cobb county?
**** if there wasn't an assload of them! Jesus. I think I saw 20 cars pulled over through there last night!
Old 2/14/15, 12:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
**** if there wasn't an assload of them! Jesus. I think I saw 20 cars pulled over through there last night!

I remember when Scott and Patrick and I went through there and there was this black trooper standing on the left side shoulder of the freeway wearing his mirror sunglasses and shooting cars with his laser as we whizzed by at 80+.

Freaking brave or stupid. It was around a curve and anyone could have completely taken him out if not paying attention.

Scarred the crap out of me when radar detector went off. Ask Patrick when it goes off for laser it really squawks and yells. And you know you're dead because laser doesn't give false alarms. You've been hit and its definitely you.
Old 2/14/15, 01:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I remember when Scott and Patrick and I went through there and there was this black trooper standing on the left side shoulder of the freeway wearing his mirror sunglasses and shooting cars with his laser as we whizzed by at 80+. Freaking brave or stupid. It was around a curve and anyone could have completely taken him out if not paying attention. Scarred the crap out of me when radar detector went off. Ask Patrick when it goes off for laser it really squawks and yells. And you know you're dead because laser doesn't give false alarms. You've been hit and its definitely you.
When it goes off for k or x band the detector display shows "SLOW DOWN!" When it goes off for laser it shows "$170!"
Old 2/14/15, 03:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I told you!! Its weird because you can haul *** through downtown in Dekalb county and not be bothered really, but you better back off when you hit Cobb. I guess all the Dekalb cops are too busy on the southside cleaning up dead black folks from the shootings to run radar.

Originally Posted by phiggs54
When it goes off for k or x band the detector display shows "SLOW DOWN!" When it goes off for laser it shows "$170!"
Old 2/14/15, 03:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I remember when Scott and Patrick and I went through there and there was this black trooper standing on the left side shoulder of the freeway wearing his mirror sunglasses and shooting cars with his laser as we whizzed by at 80+.

Freaking brave or stupid. It was around a curve and anyone could have completely taken him out if not paying attention.

Scarred the crap out of me when radar detector went off. Ask Patrick when it goes off for laser it really squawks and yells. And you know you're dead because laser doesn't give false alarms. You've been hit and its definitely you.
My laser gives false alarms when driving into the sun during the winter.
Old 2/14/15, 04:10 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts
driving to the store this morning i see the road covered with this white stuff .. i immediately think it may be wet salt sprayed by the county in preparation for the snow and ice expected this weekend yet i had never seen it before.. then i see some road construction at the new wallmart with that white pea gravel they use before paving and again i think AHH .. that must just be gravel dust .. then i just watch the local news and what do i see ..more roads covered with this white stuff .. they say it is in preparation for the snow and ice expected this weekend ..
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-dscn3291.jpg  
Old 2/14/15, 04:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by HOSS429
driving to the store this morning i see the road covered with this white stuff .. i immediately think it may be wet salt sprayed by the county in preparation for the snow and ice expected this weekend yet i had never seen it before.. then i see some road construction at the new wallmart with that white pea gravel they use before paving and again i think AHH .. that must just be gravel dust .. then i just watch the local news and what do i see ..more roads covered with this white stuff .. they say it is in preparation for the snow and ice expected this weekend ..
They haven't put any down around here, but I did see on the news they were putting some down up in Tn.

Last night they were calling for a little snow and sleet. Today they're calling for up to 8"
Old 2/14/15, 09:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

get a jammer but don't get caught with one , their great you can scramble them or give it a few specie speeds
Old 2/14/15, 11:44 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here they are mixing in some liquid de-icer more and more but its still mostly red cinder. While the liquid is in streams like your pic, it isn't white... just liquid streaks that linger.

<PORTLAND, Ore. – During a big winter storm the Oregon Department of Transportation applies more than 100,000 gallons of liquid de-icer on highways around the Portland area, and some of the chemical sticks to the undercarriage of cars and trucks.

Does it cause corrosion to your vehicle? David Thompson, spokesman for ODOT offered this piece of advice.

“It’s best to rinse your car off if you have been driving through those conditions where you have any of those kinds of chemicals on your car,” he said Wednesday.

ODOT uses FreezGard Zero – a type of magnesium chloride compound. Like sodium chloride – or salt – Portland State University professor James Pankow said magnesium chloride causes rust.

“It’s still going to be pretty corrosive because chloride is the bad actor, mainly,” he said.

But the city of Portland uses something else: calcium magnesium acetate.

Cheryl Kuck, a Portland Bureau of Transportation spokeswoman, said CMA helps preserve some of the city’s most valuable assets.

“It’s primarily our bridges and overpasses that have steel in them,” she said. “And any sort of rock salt or a chemical salt or liquid salt would be corrosive.”

It also uses CMA because it’s not as toxic to the rivers and plant life as salt or ODOT’s magnesium chloride.

Pankow agreed that CMA is best for rust prevention and for the environment.

“Because it doesn’t have chloride, and it doesn’t have the sodium in it. And it’s the sodium that is the bad actor for plants,” he said.

Car owners are advised to take their cars to the car wash after the roads have been sprayed with the chemicals and have them washed, especially under the undercarriage and the wheel wells.>
Old 2/14/15, 11:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Quoting Charlie (since I can't actually do it because of the ****ed up website) They coat the roads in a mix of beet juice down here. Its cheaper and it keeps frozen precip from sticking.

Of course, they then dump hundreds of tons of gravel all over the roads that stay there for months so you can't drive a nice car like my 500 without getting gravel slung all over the sides.
Old 2/15/15, 12:31 AM
Post *****

Quoting Charlie (since I can't actually do it because of the ****ed up website) .
I know! I tried to quote another thread - without any links - and now you can't always quote somebody's typing. I'm surprised I could quote you here.

IB losers!

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/15/15 at 03:32 AM.
Old 2/15/15, 05:13 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Quoting Charlie (since I can't actually do it because of the ****ed up website) They coat the roads in a mix of beet juice down here. Its cheaper and it keeps frozen precip from sticking.

Of course, they then dump hundreds of tons of gravel all over the roads that stay there for months so you can't drive a nice car like my 500 without getting gravel slung all over the sides.
I don't understand that gravel thing. I never heard of it until you guys started talking about it. Nothing like that gets put down here.

And beet juice? Is it still red when the put it down?
Old 2/15/15, 07:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yah nothing like a fooking stone chip in the window & car 😠
Old 2/15/15, 08:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Kids birthdays coming up & I see this on foe 1/2 price & now that he's a wrench twister ? so $1,200.00 😲
Attached Images  
Old 2/15/15, 10:14 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by denlem
I don't understand that gravel thing. I never heard of it until you guys started talking about it. Nothing like that gets put down here.

They have dump trucks with spreaders and the fine cinder/gravel freezes to pavement with ice making a good traction surface, and packs in with snow as well making a good traction surface. Like I mentioned in another post, we don't panic out here having to constantly plow every inch down to bare pavement, we drive on it. So instead of salt rusting cars, we have to deal with potential flying rock - which is why Bullitt stays parked in the winter.

As for beet juice, my guess is it has a lower freezing temperature like sodium chloride?
Old 2/15/15, 04:27 PM
NTTAWWT

Originally Posted by phiggs54

I told you!! Its weird because you can haul *** through downtown in Dekalb county and not be bothered really, but you better back off when you hit Cobb. I guess all the Dekalb cops are too busy on the southside cleaning up dead black folks from the shootings to run radar.

Oh yeah, that was some stressful driving. 630 ATL traffic, lots of backup, ugh. Was glad to get out of that mess.

Saw some in GA on my way home. It was weird, they only coated one of the 5-6 lanes instead of all of them.
Old 2/15/15, 04:30 PM
NTTAWWT

Since my uncle wasn't feeling well and my aunt didn't want to drive all the way, I drove their 2014 Edge back. **** that's a nice ride! Drove wonderfully, seats were comfy, and there's a ton of toys, plus good power and mpg's.

We made great time getting back, what took 8.5 hours Friday took about 5 hours 50 minutes on the way back.
Old 2/15/15, 04:42 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts
They pretreat the roads here like that, but it looks a little different from what they do there. Might be the same solution but applied differently. Up here it looks more like lines in the lane
Old 2/15/15, 04:44 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts
Since my uncle wasn't feeling well and my aunt didn't want to drive all the way, I drove their 2014 Edge back. **** that's a nice ride! Drove wonderfully, seats were comfy, and there's a ton of toys, plus good power and mpg's.

We made great time getting back, what took 8.5 hours Friday took about 5 hours 50 minutes on the way back.
Where did you go?
Old 2/15/15, 04:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by denlem

I'm not sure about that, but I did see some vid on the news of them treating some roads and the stuff spraying out did appear to have a pink hue to it.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
They have dump trucks with spreaders and the fine cinder/gravel freezes to pavement with ice making a good traction surface, and packs in with snow as well making a good traction surface. Like I mentioned in another post, we don't panic out here having to constantly plow every inch down to bare pavement, we drive on it. So instead of salt rusting cars, we have to deal with potential flying rock - which is why Bullitt stays parked in the winter.

As for beet juice, my guess is it has a lower freezing temperature like sodium chloride?
Apparently when its mixed with salt brine it lowers the temp point that salt is effective to.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ternative.html

"Typically, road salt loses much of its effectiveness when temperatures drop below 20 degrees, PennDOT officials said. But the beet juice, when supplemented with the salt, can burn through the ice even at sub-zero temperatures, according to the report."

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/15/15 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast