Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/12, 07:43 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
It's all good. Everybody has their preference for a certain branch. One of his best friends is a Marine. Mine only wanted Army and his friend only wanted Marines. Neither of them even talked seriously to other recruiters.
Both of my parents were in the Air Force, my brother spent time in the Army. Knew the quality of life was better in the Air Force so that is where I went. I've been around every branch and they all have +/-'s.
Old 4/9/12, 07:44 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Jill is too nice.
So I've been told, but I'm working on it.

How's this for practice
Jill is too nice.
Bite me!

Old 4/9/12, 07:44 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I know people from all branches of the service and think the only guys who really enjoyed theirselves are the navy guys on carriers and destroyers. Travel the world. Party the world. Those guys talk like it was a 3 year vacation.
Old 4/9/12, 07:45 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Broken into on or off Post/Base?
Originally Posted by Boss 1409

Both of my parents were in the Air Force, my brother spent time in the Army. Knew the quality of life was better in the Air Force so that is where I went. I've been around every branch and they all have +/-'s.
Please send my appreciation to anyone and everyone who serves our country. Thank you
Old 4/9/12, 07:52 PM
INKY

Broken into on or off Post/Base?
Off Post. Some places are worse than other around Oahu, but Jeeps are targets for sure.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I know people from all branches of the service and think the only guys who really enjoyed theirselves are the navy guys on carriers and destroyers. Travel the world. Party the world. Those guys talk like it was a 3 year vacation.
Haven't talked to the same Navy folks I have, lol. They like some things about it and really depends on their job. Those guys tend to work their butts off. Some things I don't like about the Navy and seperation within the ranks, got into it with a guy that was the same rank as me because of who he was talking to me in a room of junior personnel. That was kind of fun!
Please send my appreciation to anyone and everyone who serves our country. Thank you
Thanks Joe! Actually really cool when folks come up and thank you when you are downtown in uniform, another thing I miss about being in the States.
Old 4/9/12, 07:56 PM

I know one guy that was on a sub for years. He absolutely hated it. A couple that were on carriers seem to have had the time of their lives.
Old 4/9/12, 07:58 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Off Post. Some places are worse than other around Oahu, but Jeeps are targets for sure.

Haven't talked to the same Navy folks I have, lol. They like some things about it and really depends on their job. Those guys tend to work their butts off. Some things I don't like about the Navy and seperation within the ranks, got into it with a guy that was the same rank as me because of who he was talking to me in a room of junior personnel. That was kind of fun!

Thanks Joe! Actually really cool when folks come up and thank you when you are downtown in uniform, another thing I miss about being in the States.
Agreed. I was so impressed with the amount of people that stopped him in the airport, shook his hand, and thanked him for his service! I also liked getting to go through the shorter security lines they have in the airport for military.
Old 4/9/12, 08:01 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just loved (like would sell everything and move there) Kauai. Mostly rentals. Everyone had a rental convertible mustang in different colors except us, we got a jeep compass. Haha! Saw a beautiful old Shelby GT350 driving though!
Old 4/9/12, 08:02 PM
INKY

I know one guy that was on a sub for years. He absolutely hated it. A couple that were on carriers seem to have had the time of their lives.
Couldn't do the sub thing. Got a tour of one and I am too tall and too straight for that!

Agreed. I was so impressed with the amount of people that stopped him in the airport, shook his hand, and thanked him for his service! I also liked getting to go through the shorter security lines they have in the airport for military.
The lines at the airport are nice. Great feeling when folks thank you, even when you feel like you haven't done much. So used to this way of life forget how you miss being around family.
Old 4/9/12, 08:19 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, it couldn't be from A hole street bikers thinking they own the road. Cutting freeway lanes above 35 mph, cutting lanes on left turn lanes...etc etc Get your @ss in the lane behind the car in front of you and don't be a d!ck. end rant
lane splitting is legal in Cali, and for a **** good reason. You realize how many accidents are caused in heavy traffic from people not watching the car in front close enough? Now think about how much smaller a bike is to a car, and there's an unbelievable number of bikers that are hit by cars from behind.

Lane splitting is allowed so that bikers can get infront of already stopped traffic and lessen their chances of being pummeled from behind. I think it's a great idea for heavy traffic situations.

Are there complete douches on bikes, yea, no question, but dont get pissed at the ones that are trying to get in front of you for their safety. There's not an incident on the road that a bike will win, NONE.
Old 4/9/12, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StangMahn

lane splitting is legal in Cali, and for a **** good reason. You realize how many accidents are caused in heavy traffic from people not watching the car in front close enough? Now think about how much smaller a bike is to a car, and there's an unbelievable number of bikers that are hit by cars from behind.

Lane splitting is allowed so that bikers can get infront of already stopped traffic and lessen their chances of being pummeled from behind. I think it's a great idea for heavy traffic situations.

Are there complete douches on bikes, yea, no question, but dont get pissed at the ones that are trying to get in front of you for their safety. There's not an incident on the road that a bike will win, NONE.
Not above 35 on the freeway it isn't unless something has changed that I don't know about and that's not why lane splitting is permitted. Tailgating is still against the law.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/9/12 at 08:50 PM.
Old 4/9/12, 08:54 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that's certainly one of the reasons lane splitting is allowed.

are they literally cutting lanes at 35+ or just sliding back and forth in lanes through traffic?
Old 4/9/12, 09:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StangMahn
that's certainly one of the reasons lane splitting is allowed.

are they literally cutting lanes at 35+ or just sliding back and forth in lanes through traffic?
A lot of them do and they split lanes doing 90 when traffic is doing 70 or 35 mph. Lane splitting is permitted because they would do it anyway and there would be a lot of dead riders.
Old 4/9/12, 09:12 PM
INKY

Why make a law if people are gonna do it anyway?
Old 4/9/12, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's got a few grand in the bank, but I wouldn't want him to buy anything new until he has at least $5k saved. I don't want him going into his first new vehicle and being up side down on his first loan. Then I worry about him shopping for one without having any clue what he's doing. Car salesmen would love to see an inexperienced 18 year old come through the door. I may need to co-sign to get him a better interest rate. Which is hard to do from this far away. I just don't know what we should do at this point.
I definitely wouldn't want anybody to get into debt that young...the only reason I am making payments on my truck is because I want to get my credit score up if I ever need it...if he does shop just tell him not to be impulsive...no deal is good enough he can't get up and walk away from it...and he should listen to you...I know there have been times I didn't listen to my mom and it bit me in the ***...

Brett what branch of the service are you signed up for again?
National Guard...for now.

I know Mr. Air Force thinks it's the wrong branch and I was going into the Air Force but they just didn't end up having what I was wanting to do...the buddy I'm going to basic with was 6 days away from going to AF basic and decided Army was a better route....but I will say the AF treats you better.
Old 4/9/12, 09:43 PM

Keep forgetting that it's Monday night and normal people have day jobs. BORING!
Old 4/9/12, 09:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
And midterms to study for.
Old 4/9/12, 10:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
how does a 100 dollar date become a 300 dollar date ? ...... she stays for three hours ....
Old 4/9/12, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by HOSS429
how does a 100 dollar date become a 300 dollar date ? ...... she stays for three hours ....
You animal you.
Old 4/9/12, 10:25 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
TWSS..

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast