Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/11, 04:37 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by lalayla

I don't want to cause any trouble.
You are not causing any trouble at all Amie.
Old 9/14/11, 04:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
I swear it is the +10 crowd that has moved out all of the 05-09 guys who really made this site what it is or was.
Those bastards. I hate them.

Old 9/14/11, 04:42 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a matter of fact, POTR hasn't had a post since 9/1/11... I swear it is the +10 crowd that has moved out all of the 05-09 guys who really made this site what it is or was. It's too bad really......
Someone's got a chip on his shoulder. Here let me brush it off for you. Feel better now?
Old 9/14/11, 04:53 PM
Post *****

It's pretty simple everyone.

There are two different issues here.

There is the site itself and I guess the thread closure is giving some of y'all fits. I'm pretty sure we are talking about the track key thread, right? I read it.
The point is that a thread gets started by a member with an issue or a point and then it devolves into jokes and eventually into anarchy. It gets closed or moved and then the cycle starts all over again. Usually the OP will request a thread get closed when it has turned into something he never intended. Or if it's not on topic thats pretty easy to close. But it seems some people are actively looking to agitate threads repeatedly. And then brag about it. High five each other and then do it again. Is that childish?

The second issue that I have is that I have to wade through 5 pages of Facebook type crap to get to anything I care about on this thread. Now I'll be blunt. We were here first. Years earlier. Now if you want to crash the party and be like that then I guess thats fine. We don't own the place, it is a public forum, but we have found our little niche here and while people come and go we still remain. If you want to crap on our party without breaking any rules then go right ahead. I'm not gonna bust anyone for doing wrong if they are not. But I don't have to like it.
Old 9/14/11, 04:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Come on Gary. Even the Boss crowd was having fun with that thread. With all due respect: is this the mustang nursing home?
I will confirm that I am one of the Boss guys that was having fun with that TracKey thread. It got closed before I could update my horsepower tax subject.
Old 9/14/11, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Happy Birthday Florida Sean!!!!

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
Thanks Nathan, Why aren't you at school??? or doing homework...

Haven't you turned into a college puke yet? I never here from my son anymore, he is learning the finer things in life like beer pong with the girls.
or strip poker.

..... you know, important stuff
Ah yes the important stuff like thursty thursdays kegs and eggs and extra curricular activities such as wiffle ball and flag football!!!
Lol

Today is the anniversary of my dads death so I'm a little bummed out today...
Im sorry to hear Annie

Took me skydiving when I was ten lol
By the look of your hair I would say you had some fun
Originally Posted by codeman94
hi there folks! nothing really to add, but the baby thing seems to be going well. He slept better last night.... all the other previous nights... not so much.
Thats great to hear Hopefully he continues to improve
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It's a hell of a thing to come in here after being thrown out of another forum and start acting like you know what we need.

I am not telling anyone to leave but the next time you point fingers at those Boss guys or the mods here remember there are 4 more fingers in your hand pointing right back at you.

I thought it was cute and funny at first and I defended it, but now it's becoming childish.
im not sure what happened or what thread it is but if the mods felt fit to shut the thread down I am sure that they talked about this and came to a conclusion that they felt best benefited the forum
Old 9/14/11, 04:58 PM
Post *****

O yeah.

Happy Birthday Sean!

Seems like just yesterday you didn't even have a license or a truck.
Old 9/14/11, 04:59 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Someone's got a chip on his shoulder. Here let me brush it off for you. Feel better now?
Much, thanks!!!
Old 9/14/11, 05:00 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

It's pretty simple everyone.

There are two different issues here.

There is the site itself and I guess the thread closure is giving some of y'all fits. I'm pretty sure we are talking about the track key thread, right? I read it.
The point is that a thread gets started by a member with an issue or a point and then it devolves into jokes and eventually into anarchy. It gets closed or moved and then the cycle starts all over again. Usually the OP will request a thread get closed when it has turned into something he never intended. Or if it's not on topic thats pretty easy to close. But it seems some people are actively looking to agitate threads repeatedly. And then brag about it. High five each other and then do it again. Is that childish?

The second issue that I have is that I have to wade through 5 pages of Facebook type crap to get to anything I care about on this thread. Now I'll be blunt. We were here first. Years earlier. Now if you want to crash the party and be like that then I guess thats fine. We don't own the place, it is a public forum, but we have found our little niche here and while people come and go we still remain. If you want to crap on our party without breaking any rules then go right ahead. I'm not gonna bust anyone for doing wrong if they are not. But I don't have to like it.
Just out of curiosity. What is the point of this thread? Is there a topic? And ill let you know I'm here to stay. I pick one site and stick with it. I can see it gets annoying in a tech thread. So ill try and leave the playful banter out of them. But may we have an off topic thread to poor all the bs into so it stays out of others. By no means am I trying to tell you how to run the site. Just simply making a suggestion.
Old 9/14/11, 05:05 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Much, thanks!!!
See! There you go! You took the joke without exploding! I knew you could do it
Old 9/14/11, 05:05 PM
Post *****

Just out of curiosity. What is the point of this thread? Is there a topic? And ill let you know I'm here to stay. I pick one site and stick with it. I can see it gets annoying in a tech thread. So ill try and leave the playful banter out of them. But may we have an off topic thread to poor all the bs into so it stays out of others. By no means am I trying to tell you how to run the site. Just simply making a suggestion.
There is an area for those types of threads. By all means start one. There's no law against it. Start several. I don't care. If they catch on then maybe you have come up with a good idea.

If they are not in the proper place they will be moved to the proper place.

I'd prefer that if you want to poke fun at the track key or stuff like that that you do start a thread about it instead of destroying someone elses thread.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 9/14/11, 05:09 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

There is an area for those types of threads. By all means start one. There's no law against it. Start several. I don't care. If they catch on then maybe you have come up with a good idea.

If they are not in the proper place they will be moved to the proper place.

I'd prefer that if you want to poke fun at the track key or stuff like that that you do start a thread about it instead of destroying someone elses thread.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
So if I start a bs, argument, poke fun thread, it won't get shut down just because someone gets their feelings hurt?
Old 9/14/11, 05:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Gary I understand what you are saying. I wasn't going to start another thread just for a lot of senseless bs. You want this thread for yourself and your friends. Until they say something you don't like either. Hey man that's cool. I actually kinda like the group that posts in this thread. Maybe there should be another rambling thread and we can just talk about what you are interested in on this one.
Old 9/14/11, 05:13 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Well, the last five pages were a complete waste of my time. I think I know how Scothew felt a couple years ago, but at least some of those posts had content.
well there is another fellow we seem to be boring to death
Old 9/14/11, 05:13 PM
Post *****

So if I start a bs, argument, poke fun thread, it won't get shut down just because someone gets their feelings hurt?
I can't guarantee it but it wouldn't hurt my feelings. You never know what Boss or 10+ guys is going to get butt hurt and cry to a mod.

What's the harm in trying? Keep it clean of language, don't bypass the language filters, and don't peronally attack anyone with your posts and it will be fine.
Old 9/14/11, 05:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what are these sections you speak of??
Old 9/14/11, 05:22 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Gary I understand what you are saying. I wasn't going to start another thread just for a lot of senseless bs. You want this thread for yourself and your friends. Until they say something you don't like either. Hey man that's cool. I actually kinda like the group that posts in this thread. Maybe there should be another rambling thread and we can just talk about what you are interested in on this one.
Nice Al. Real nice. Love the passive aggressive.

Threads been here for years. And what you are suggesting is

Do whatever you want man because no matter what I say you're not going to even listen to what I'm trying to say.
Old 9/14/11, 05:24 PM
Post *****

Talking

Originally Posted by Flagstang
what are these sections you speak of??
That would be off topic or something like that. People can post there and I don't see why couldn't post topics such as that, the reality is no one ever does or tries. Is that my fault?
Old 9/14/11, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are we talking about wammers track key thread? I thought I was on topic when I said "planet first" the thread title was about CARB and the track key. I wasn't trying to butt hurt anyone. Everyone started getting CARB crazy because they think their car is more important than planet earth.
Old 9/14/11, 05:27 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Are we talking about wammers track key thread? I thought I was on topic when I said "planet first" the thread title was about CARB and the track key. I wasn't trying to butt hurt anyone. Everyone started getting CARB crazy because they think their car is more important than planet earth.
That was funny. I especially like the Captain Planet pic.

If CARB doesnt approve these guys track keys one of them is going to go postal on their local Ford dealership.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast