Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/11, 03:26 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Night Al. I've been updating and fixing up this old laptop all day till my eyes are blurrin'.

Guess everyone else went to bed ticked off.

Dang you Shelby!!

I didn't go to bed, I just left. like an *******. PM me or catch me on IV if you want to talk.
Old 9/5/11, 05:32 AM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good morning TMS
Old 9/5/11, 06:17 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
morning crazies

d@mn missed an eventful night i guess
Old 9/5/11, 06:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Lee you are twisting my words. I'm all for everyone making a buck. You all know that. But don't expect me to worship at the altar of Shelby while his hand is in my pocket.

It's kind of like selling out. It is like selling out. It's like The Who, or The Stones, selling their music for commercials. Hey it's great to make a buck. But it diminishes the work.

That being said. I'd probably do the same.
Oh well. Who cares anyway?

I don't give a rats *** about the old man anymore. I don't wish him ill though. In the grand scheme of the world now what he did 40 years ago doesn't do me a hill of beans.

And yes given the opportunity I would debadge that ***** so fast it would make your head spin. And if you have a problem with it, which I suspect you wouldn't, I wouldn't give a rats *** about that either.

It's called a personal opinion. And I've got lots of them. You want to hear some more of them?
I can hardly remember that time.

I get it Lee. You own a "Shelby".

I don't see what big deal is with what I think about the man or the car. My thoughts on the matter could not be more insignificant. Opinions are like ********, everyones got one.
I tell you what Lee and Joe. I like you both. But you act like my opinion of Shelby is a personal affront to the both of you.

Its honestly getting a little annoying. I'd rather just ignore the whole thing because it means so little. I've tried to explain it but it seems to only make it worse. All of you have made me sick of talking about it really.

Thank God and Jesus for Carroll Shelby. Where the **** would my life be without him?
Lee,

I don't think I've changed one bit.

But that's twice now that you've said that.

I guess i do take the internet too seriously. The people I thought were friends really aren't. My mistake.
Read back through these posts and honestly tell me that the Gary you were last week would have written those same things. You may have been thinking those things, but the old Gary wouldn't have posted those things. You're different, you post with a different attitude, and it comes off differently. I guess I'm the only one to notice, or the only one to say it, but you're not the old Gary. Don't feel bad, I was told the same thing when I became a mod/admin on other sites. It took me a while to realize that I wasn't acting the same but I finally realized it.

I hope you know that I'm just giving you ****.

But I must say that this reply put the icing on the cake and really got under my skin...

You of all people should know that I'm not that kind of person. If anything I'm self-deprecating. I would never act like that, and put out the things I've been fortunate enough to acquire to belittle someone. I'm extremely grateful for what I have and I wouldn't throw it up to someone in order to make myself look better than another person. That's not who I am, and you should know that. I'll be honest, that hurt my feelings and I probably said some things I shouldn't have after that. I apologize if I offended anyone, and I apologize to you Gary if I disrespected you.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/5/11 at 06:44 AM.
Old 9/5/11, 07:28 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

that kind of shocked me also ... but i dont have a dog in this fight .. it did seem to be going the way of the BOSS thread though
Old 9/5/11, 07:35 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Read back through these posts and honestly tell me that the Gary you were last week would have written those same things. You may have been thinking those things, but the old Gary wouldn't have posted those things. You're different, you post with a different attitude, and it comes off differently. I guess I'm the only one to notice, or the only one to say it, but you're not the old Gary. Don't feel bad, I was told the same thing when I became a mod/admin on other sites. It took me a while to realize that I wasn't acting the same but I finally realized it.

I hope you know that I'm just giving you ****.

But I must say that this reply put the icing on the cake and really got under my skin...

You of all people should know that I'm not that kind of person. If anything I'm self-deprecating. I would never act like that, and put out the things I've been fortunate enough to acquire to belittle someone. I'm extremely grateful for what I have and I wouldn't throw it up to someone in order to make myself look better than another person. That's not who I am, and you should know that. I'll be honest, that hurt my feelings and I probably said some things I shouldn't have after that. I apologize if I offended anyone, and I apologize to you Gary if I disrespected you.
I apologize to you Lee. That last quote was a shot by me. It doesn't apply to you, and I knew it would bug you and I did it. I was really upset about the Mod thing and you thinking I was acting and posting differently. With the exception of that post because I was being a butt hurt baby I still don't see it. But you're a smart guy and I will just have to take tour word for it. I don't know how the old Gary used to post. I remember the old, old Gary that used to post smileys in patterns and fill pages of TMS with fun or crap depending on your viewpoint.

I reallly, really don't care one bit about Shelby and that whole argument. Whatever was said there didn't bug me one bit. I know what you were doing and saying and you know what I was doing. We were merely having a back and forth.

But during that time I logged into IV and saw you joke about how I don't post there and that I'm different again and I became defensive. Especially since I take everything so seriously on the internet.

You've got to understand I can't respond in IV with my iPad. Both I and Jill have made it known it won't allow us to type anything. And since the kids have taken every laptop and desktop I own I am stuck with only being able to use the iPad. Or posting from work but it's the weekend and I've been so busy there anyway lately I don't have time to post anywhere much.

I could have said all of this in a PM I guess but I'm doing it in the open for just as you did so everyone can see it just like they saw all the rest. This had nothing to do with Shelby, or who owns a Shelby, or who doesn't in my opinion. As a matter of fact I think it was much ado about nothing really. We both are full of most of the time and it was late and I was relaxing after a latenight workout.

I'm sorry I lashed out and took a cheap shot and I'm sorry I seem different. For the life of me I don't see it but I will take your word for it. I'm the same old grumpy character I always was. Just ask my wife.
Old 9/5/11, 07:40 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I don't know about everyone else but I feel much better now.

On a side note, I ordered factory fog lamp kit for my altima and a used homelink transmitter that I'm going to try to install in the Mustang. If that works I'll try installing one in the Altima too.
Old 9/5/11, 07:46 AM
Post *****

Is the homelink transmitter on the mirror or the sun visor? Or somehwere else? Im interested because I'd like to ditch the giant garage door opener transmitter in the Mustang. Also how does it work with comparability with Liftmaster/Chamberlain garage door openers?

I'm interested to see your results as it is something I'd like to have if it works.
Old 9/5/11, 07:59 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

It is a used one out of a visor like what I'm sure you have in the Expedition.

It is just a simple two wire hook up for power and ground. If you go to HomeLink's web page that should have a list of openers that they work with. You just need to know if you need a rolling code transmitter or not. I ordered a rolling code one because I have Genie openers.

I'll take pics and notes as I do the install.

edit: Here is a link to one like what I bought

Last edited by 07S197; 9/5/11 at 08:02 AM.
Old 9/5/11, 08:05 AM
Post *****

I'm pretty sure I need a rolling code one. Believe it or not I used to sell garage door openers at a building supply company. We called them GDO's.

Why did NASCAR move the rain delayed race in Atlanta to Tuesday? Is it still raining there today? Who is going to watch it on Tuesday? I'll be back at work.
Old 9/5/11, 08:09 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

I think they are looking at rain for a few days with the size of the storm and it's slow pace.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USGA0028
Old 9/5/11, 08:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm supposed to be working.. but i'm literally the only one in the building... I'm finding it hard to work.
Old 9/5/11, 08:22 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by codeman94
I'm supposed to be working.. but i'm literally the only one in the building... I'm finding it hard to work.

Right there with ya Cody. I'm here because I have to be, and so thats the only work that is getting done....what has to get done.
Old 9/5/11, 08:39 AM
Post *****

I closed the office and let everyone have the day off. If they don't work I don't have to work.
Old 9/5/11, 08:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I have to say is you all are a bunch of whiny *****es.

Old 9/5/11, 10:17 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Post# 3,200

Better watch out Gary, only like 6 more years if you don't ever post again and I'll catch ya
Old 9/5/11, 10:31 AM

got to drive my Dad's 06 GT a few times this weekend. Makes me miss my vert.... oh well. I wouldn't trade my son to get it back
Old 9/5/11, 10:31 AM
Post *****

Yes. And yes.

Oops. I just posted again. Now what you gonna do?
Old 9/5/11, 10:34 AM

speaking of my Vert... I still have all of my mods for it. Bullitt shifter boot and ball, GTAP hood scoop, C&L racer CIA, X3 tuner... I kept it all thinking I may buy another one in the furute... that was 17 months ago.. think I should sell it?
Old 9/5/11, 10:36 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by codeman94
speaking of my Vert... I still have all of my mods for it. Bullitt shifter boot and ball, GTAP hood scoop, C&L racer CIA, X3 tuner... I kept it all thinking I may buy another one in the furute... that was 17 months ago.. think I should sell it?

How much you want for the Bullitt shifter boot and ball?

Last edited by 07S197; 9/5/11 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast