Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/11, 09:53 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scothew we were just talking about what compontent has the IP address. The server and that or the computer. Thats all
Old 7/30/11, 11:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Nope it is each computer that has a different IP address. That way people can tell which computer you did something naughty on.
Your internet provider assigns you the IP address and it has nothing to do with your computer. I have 3 computers here and my phone. If i'm connected through my modem, they will all have the same external IP address. If I take my laptop on vacation with me and connect through the hotel, I get a different IP address, not the one from home. If I connect my phone with the data connection from Verizon, I get yet another IP address and even that one will constantly change every time I lose a connection and get it back.

If I unplug my modem overnight, when I plug it back in in the morning, I now have a new IP address that was different than what I had.

So your address is unrelated to your computer.

But... your internet provider knows who has what address, so if you were naughty they just have to look up who had what and when.
Old 7/30/11, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem

Your internet provider assigns you the IP address and it has nothing to do with your computer. I have 3 computers here and my phone. If i'm connected through my modem, they will all have the same external IP address. If I take my laptop on vacation with me and connect through the hotel, I get a different IP address, not the one from home. If I connect my phone with the data connection from Verizon, I get yet another IP address and even that one will constantly change every time I lose a connection and get it back.

If I unplug my modem overnight, when I plug it back in in the morning, I now have a new IP address that was different than what I had.

But... your internet provider knows who has what address, so if you were naughty they just have to look up who had what and when.
This.

Ip adress changes with where you get the internet.
Old 7/30/11, 11:46 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also if kept up with the detailing and waxing the colors would never fade at a different rate.

The clear doesnt protect the paint from fading at all. The clear is acutally what is fading and not the color.

You can also blend clear coat easily since it is clear.
Interesting that regular waxing would keep from fading at different rates.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure - that the clear is fading/hazing over time.

I went to a top notch 30 yr shop and they were pretty adamant that clear doesn't blend in well so they shot several entire panels. Maybe shops that do blend clear have the problem of different fade rates.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/30/11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 7/30/11, 11:50 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem

That's what I was thinking because I know it changes. Whereas I've had the same computer and provider since 07.
Old 7/30/11, 01:34 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 627 Likes on 452 Posts

Lee I wasnt trying to sound like I was starting anything.

Yes white is the hardest color to match period. Also if kept up with the detailing and waxing the colors would never fade at a different rate. And yes plastics do take colors differently that is why you will see brand new vehicles with slightly different shades of colors.
Sorry, that came out wrong. I wasn't jumping on you, I just got wound up and pissed off about what happened with that car. You'd think after 3 years I'd be over it.
Old 7/30/11, 01:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

And yes plastics do take colors differently that is why you will see brand new vehicles with slightly different shades of colors.

I've noticed that the front end on Camaros seem to be the worst about that, going all the way back to the late 70's. When the new ones came out I was shocked to see they still had the same problem. Red, yellow and silver on the new ones seem to show it the worst, and the ones that have the problem stand out like a sore thumb where the nose piece meets the fenders and hood.
Old 7/30/11, 03:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've got a sickness. It's some kind of car fever. I see cars and I want to buy one, even if I don't need it. The big problem is that I have a hard time letting cars I have go, I just want to buy more. Well the addiction has come to the edge. Literally. The Edge. I saw a White Platinum Edge Sport with those good looking 22" wheels on the road yesterday, and it looked fantastic. So I started looking around, and hit the build and price on Ford's website. Holy ****!!! Msrp for the one I would want is $43K!!!
Old 7/30/11, 03:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I think you've been hanging around Gary a little too much.
Old 7/30/11, 04:56 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
he said cars...not kids!

Old 7/30/11, 06:08 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts
Jill looking at the damage I can tell you that a body shop can just paint the bumper and it be fine. You wouldnt be able to tell that there were scratches and scuffs there. Also I can tell you that the car that hit you has your paint on it too. So just maybe kinda keep an eye out for a car with red marks on it.

Also sorry to hear about this happening. I hate people that dont take responsibilty for what they do.
The owner of the body shop said he could repair it where the damage is and blend it and SWEARS to me that I'll never be able to tell where the damage was. I told him I'm really hesitant about that and I've seen cars driving down the road where you can tell that's been done. His reply was that they obviously didn't get the work done at his shop.

On the upside (if there is one) since I'm having work done on the bumper, I'm having him take the front plate off and fix where the holes are and I'm going to buy a show n go retractable license plate holder.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I hate to disagree with you, but I had to sell my GT/CS with 1500 or so miles over an incident like that. Yes, I am particular, but it just didn't work out for me. I couldn't live with it (but I am a perfectionist ocd freak like Gary). Check IV for the story that's been told before.
That was the first thought that ran through my mind. I started thinking I'm going to have to trade it for an SGT now

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Bummer Jill!

Body shop will be able to fix it good as new.

Maybe time for a laptop cam from your window?
I wish it was possible. I really wish we had security cameras on this building. I remember years ago I saw someone hit a car in the parking garage where I used to work and then take off. I got the tag number and had the building's office look at the security camera to prove the hit and run. It was a pain for me because I had to take off of work and go to court as a witness. The lady was appreciative though!
Old 7/30/11, 06:18 PM

Storms popping up NW of here all with tornado warnings. Hopefully they get here before dark.
Old 7/30/11, 06:39 PM

Some pretty sweet live video here: http://content.wdtinc.com/popout/ind...=20226&O=10117
Old 7/30/11, 06:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I've got my eyes on another vehicle. A vehicle I should have bought years ago.

But there's no way I buy one unless it's perfect and it falls in my lap.
Old 7/30/11, 07:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And what is it?
Old 7/30/11, 07:19 PM
Post *****

Don't want to jinx it now. Probably already did.
Old 7/30/11, 08:05 PM

Tornado warned part of the storm is headed in my direction, though there's no warning here yet. Getting some incredible lightning footage though!
Old 7/30/11, 08:41 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 1999Pony
And what is it?
Not this one, but something a lot like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...ht_15781wt_958
Old 7/30/11, 09:24 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Not this one, but something a lot like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...ht_15781wt_958
What not buy one of the new conversion ones they are building. They only go for about 80k.

Or even a two door

Last edited by 07S197; 7/30/11 at 09:36 PM.
Old 7/30/11, 09:35 PM
Post *****

I know. I was debating this. That's alot of coin, but if I can drive it for 200,000 miles then it might be worth it. I need to look at them again. Do you have a link or know where to search?

I'd really like to have a 60/40 front seat like I had in my 2001 F250 and then a 60/40 middle and then the rear seats. Plus I'd rather have the old 7.3 instead of the 6.0 but those are older.

We spent a lot of time in the Expidition the past week and I'd like to get some more room and a diesel and right now my Expi with 50k miles is worth about the same as a 2004-2005 Excursion XLT.

Plus the wife drives the SHO a lot and I'd gladly let he drive it whenever she wants.

As long as she doesn't make a mess of it like she does with there Expi. I mean geez throw something away in a trash can once in a while. She hates for me to drive her car because i ***** about the mess every time i get in it and then proceed to clean it out at every stop trying to get rid of trash.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast