Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/11, 05:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
http://www.harwellmotors.com/muscle-.../124870n564634

Alright, not a ford. Don't care. I'm completely in love. Don't know if there is a $50k ford to compare.
very nice!
Old 7/29/11, 06:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, not a ford. Don't care. I'm completely in love. Don't know if there is a $50k ford to compare.
Blown 454......Yea I'd rock it.
Old 7/29/11, 06:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
my home system died last week .. just got it back up .. they loaded a bunch of crap i dont want .. new virus protectin ( avast ) .. i already had and was happy with MCaFee ..they put a new mother board and reinstalled windows .. .. they took away realplayer ( where all my good **** was stashed ) ..can i do a system restore and get back to my old famillar settings ..i dont have " add or remove programs " anymore either
I think you can only do a restore if they saved one before reinstalling windows. But if there are many different programs now, it may not recognize them (start up searches for programs in the start up file). If you try it, be sure and create a new restore file beforehand.

Also, anything I want to save, I never save in the program itself (like realplayer or word or whatever). I always create my own file off C: with the appropriate extension (.doc, .jpg, etc). When you save, just enter the C:filename in the save box and its stored there. And you open from the same place off C:. This way, I can easily back up all my files just by backing up all my stuff in my C: files, rather than trying to hunt for them all in each program. Plus if you do crash and have to load new programs or buy a new computer, you still have your files.

Its like I have my own file cabinets with several different file drawers in each one, regardless if I change computers. I have C:files (with several subfiles - money, taxes, family, letters, horses, vet notes, etc.); C: pictures (with several subfiles by year); C:movies, etc. etc.

I have shared my brainstorm with many over the years but I doubt anyone has done it. Yet after several viruses, crashes, new computers... I still have ALL my files since 1987... and they don't.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/29/11 at 06:44 PM.
Old 7/29/11, 07:05 PM
Post *****

90degs today. first time this summer.
Old 7/29/11, 09:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just got home from work. Worked over 5 hours putting a tractor, front end loader, and back hoe together. Kubota paid me $350 to do all of it

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 7/29/11 at 09:28 PM.
Old 7/29/11, 09:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
We got a M59TLB last year. We had a larger Cat backhoe that was too big and it was about 9 years old and got rid of it for the smaller Kubota. I used to use the Cat, but I've never spent any time on the Kubota.

I think it came with the stick backwards from that way Cat does it and they had someone come out and reverse it.
Old 7/29/11, 09:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The only tractors Kubota ships assembled is the M9540 and bigger. All others the techs at the dealerships put them together. They pay $50 to put a tractor together no matter what size tractor it is, took 2 hours on that L3200. $100 for a front end loader takes about an hour and a half. And $200 for the back hoe. It takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 7/29/11 at 10:00 PM.
Old 7/29/11, 11:37 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

motor yes, rest of car, nope. It never ceases to amaze me the craptastic interiors GM had even back then. I've seen more comfort in a folding metal chair than those seats. I mean seriously, one of these has a better interior!
Old 7/29/11, 11:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
motor yes, rest of car, nope. It never ceases to amaze me the craptastic interiors GM had even back then. I've seen more comfort in a folding metal chair than those seats. I mean seriously, one of these has a better interior!
I'm not a fanboi, I'll admit that the split bumper Camaro is one of my favorites. Great car.
Old 7/30/11, 01:08 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/30/11 at 02:28 PM.
Old 7/30/11, 01:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/30/11 at 02:29 PM.
Old 7/30/11, 01:40 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/30/11 at 02:30 PM.
Old 7/30/11, 03:08 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Somebody hit my f'n car in the f'n parking lot at work. I don't get pissed off very often but I'm fuming right now
Jill looking at the damage I can tell you that a body shop can just paint the bumper and it be fine. You wouldnt be able to tell that there were scratches and scuffs there. Also I can tell you that the car that hit you has your paint on it too. So just maybe kinda keep an eye out for a car with red marks on it.

Also sorry to hear about this happening. I hate people that dont take responsibilty for what they do.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
TICKETMASTER SUCKS!!!!!!!
Told ya you bought to many tickets.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Clear your cookies, use a different computer or device, go to a cafe with a hotspot and use their ip...
IP Addresses are from the computers not from different places that you get online. Just in case you didnt know.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'm not a fanboi, I'll admit that the split bumper Camaro is one of my favorites. Great car.
Old 7/30/11, 03:34 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Jill looking at the damage I can tell you that a body shop can just paint the bumper and it be fine. You wouldnt be able to tell that there were scratches and scuffs there.
I hate to disagree with you, but I had to sell my GT/CS with 1500 or so miles over an incident like that. Yes, I am particular, but it just didn't work out for me. I couldn't live with it (but I am a perfectionist ocd freak like Gary). Check IV for the story that's been told before.
Old 7/30/11, 04:01 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I hate to disagree with you, but I had to sell my GT/CS with 1500 or so miles over an incident like that. Yes, I am particular, but it just didn't work out for me. I couldn't live with it (but I am a perfectionist ocd freak like Gary). Check IV for the story that's been told before.
Ummm now body shops have a thingy that can tell you exactly what to put in the paint to match it perfectly. Even with fading and all that.
Old 7/30/11, 04:34 AM
Post *****

IP Addresses are from the computers not from different places that you get online. Just in case you didnt know.
No I didn't. I thought they were the provider.
Old 7/30/11, 04:46 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/30/11 at 01:32 PM.
Old 7/30/11, 05:06 AM
Post *****

but it will fade at a different rate down the road than the factory paint.
A metallic color is even worse.
I know you can't tell from the pics, but the new paint was whiter than the original, and it was blended all the way up the quarter panels to the b pillar in this area...
The plastic doesn't take color the same.
I remember this now...

But doesn't the clear coat protect the paint from fading?
They told me they can blend paint but every entire panel that was touched up has to be clear coated because they can't blend clear coat.
Old 7/30/11, 06:35 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

No I didn't. I thought they were the provider.
Nope it is each computer that has a different IP address. That way people can tell which computer you did something naughty on.

They've had that for 15 years. Computer, computer, my ***. When you start blending it with the rest of the paint you have problems. It MAY match right then, but it will fade at a different rate down the road than the factory paint. They blended my performance white bumper (which most people think white is easy to match, but its not) all the way up the quarter panels trying to get it to match. It was obvious that it would look like the entire rear end had been demolished after a few years of different fading, even though the only thing that had been damaged was the rear bumper. A metallic color is even worse.

I know you can't tell from the pics, but the new paint was whiter than the original, and it was blended all the way up the quarter panels to the b pillar in this area...

I knew that it would look like the rear end had been destroyed after a few years. It was painted by one of the best in the area and they said it was the best that they could do, but the new paint was whiter in the evening sun. I ended up getting rid of it for the SGT because it would have looked like **** in a few years, especially if it was a daily driver. These body shops that tell you that the plastic parts will match and look normal for years because they used a "computer" to match it are full of ****. This ain't my first rodeo. I've been around quality painters that have done it for years, and they agree, its a load of **** when they tell you that. The plastic doesn't take color the same.
Lee I wasnt trying to sound like I was starting anything.

Yes white is the hardest color to match period. Also if kept up with the detailing and waxing the colors would never fade at a different rate. And yes plastics do take colors differently that is why you will see brand new vehicles with slightly different shades of colors.

I remember this now...

But doesn't the clear coat protect the paint from fading?
They told me they can blend paint but every entire panel that was touched up has to be clear coated because they can't blend clear coat.
The clear doesnt protect the paint from fading at all. The clear is acutally what is fading and not the color. You can also blend clear coat easily since it is clear. Also you have to make sure you dont leave any sharp edges where the new paint and old pauint come together that is why they "fog" the color and clear where it is meeting the original paint.
Old 7/30/11, 09:25 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Nope it is each computer that has a different IP address. That way people can tell which computer you did something naughty on.
Not sure what you guys are talking about but as far as post goes, I can see each IP that was used for a post. If you post from work, most likely I am goign to get the IP for your public gateway (the point where your internal network accesses the WWW). If you are at home, yeah its goign to show your home IP address that your ISP has assigned you (although you may use a router and yoru computer has a different IP). If i block your IP like at work, most likely no computer within that network is going to access the site.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast