Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/10, 11:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Yeah come to think of it it does. But it just seems more natural than this one I guess.

The front splitter is quite flimsy and Ford should have done a better of job of designing its fasteners and structure.
Be really careful with the hood, I guess you know about the cracks that develop above the latch.
Old 8/6/10, 11:43 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
This is where it gets crazy. The regular aftermarket ones don't work. They are designed for a GT front. The original ones sell for about $1600 on ebay. There is a man who makes a perfect fitting carbon fiver one that does not flex and wobble like the stock one but with an aluminum plate on the bottom to prevent damaging the fiber and painting it Performance Red to match the car and shipping, they go for about $1600. So I could keep the one I have and store it safely while I run around with the better cf one, but it will cost me $1600.

Parts are going to be a PITA in the years to come.
So does this mean 7 isn't getting a new hood?
Old 8/6/10, 11:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Be really careful with the hood, I guess you know about the cracks that develop above the latch.
I know. I was amazed that after two inspections I could not find any spider cracks or anything at all on the hood. Supposedly each owner has told the next to never use your hand to push down on the hood. They have always dropped the hood from about 12" and the hood is in perfect shape. I've never heard of one not having the cracks to be honest.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
So does this mean 7 isn't getting a new hood?
Not for a while. I've got to save up for a long time now. I basically blew my wad for at least the next year for mods and for the next 2 or 3 years for cars. I'll have to replace the wifes car in about 3 years. That'll probably be my next car.
Old 8/7/10, 12:00 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah come to think of it it does. But it just seems more natural than this one I guess.

The front splitter is quite flimsy and Ford should have done a better of job of designing its fasteners and structure.
With today's glues, could you glue in some aluminum or composite 'stays'? (even a few small bolts underneath to the bumper cover as needed, or something like "Ben's no drill" plate holder that clamps in place?)

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/7/10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 8/7/10, 12:02 AM

No more mods til you finish the vert.
Old 8/7/10, 12:02 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They have always dropped the hood from about 12" and the hood is in perfect shape.
For vehicles without springs/struts, I use only the 'drop' method. Safest way. Don't necessarily have to drop from that high.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/7/10 at 12:06 AM.
Old 8/7/10, 12:06 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I know. I was amazed that after two inspections I could not find any spider cracks or anything at all on the hood. Supposedly each owner has told the next to never use your hand to push down on the hood. They have always dropped the hood from about 12" and the hood is in perfect shape. I've never heard of one not having the cracks to be honest.
I know. I never said anything, but I almost bought one in Michigan about a year ago. It had 8k on it, but the hood had some really bad damage on it (cracks and paint blisters). They only wanted 39k (the economy is terrible in that area where it was) for it, and I really didn't have a place to keep it without building more or telling the ol' lady to keep hers outside (not a good idea )
Old 8/7/10, 12:26 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
With today's glues, could you glue in some aluminum or composite 'stays'? (even a few small bolts underneath to the bumper cover as needed, or something like "Ben's no drill" plate holder that clamps in place?)

I've seen or heard about some of the fixes and I think I'll leave it alone for now. I would like to save up and get the aftermarket one to use and keep the stocker in a safe place. Supposedly the aftermarket one is indistinguishable when painted and should be worth every penny to a future R owner should I choose to sell both separately someday.

No more mods til you finish the vert.
I know. And I need to finish the Bronco. I've got wheels and a lift kit in storage for that one. So many parts just waiting to be installed. It's really a shame. But I'll get to them eventually.

For vehicles without springs/struts, I use only the 'drop' method. Safest way. Don't necessarily have to drop from that high.
I know. I think I exaggerated. I think it was more like 8". And if it doesn't catch start over. Just don't push down on it. I'm gonna have to watch where and who does the annual inspections. I'm gonna be standing over that car like a hawk!!!!

I know. I never said anything, but I almost bought one in Michigan about a year ago. It had 8k on it, but the hood had some really bad damage on it (cracks and paint blisters). They only wanted 39k (the economy is terrible in that area where it was) for it, and I really didn't have a place to keep it without building more or telling the ol' lady to keep hers outside (not a good idea )

Wow. Didn't know that. I've been watching them for a couple of years now. I really feel very fortunate. The stars aligned on this one. I had the money, the car was perfect, the mileage is low but not so insanely low that the owner would want 10k more for it, and it was close by. It's almost too good to be true. I must be coming down with cancer or something and don't know it yet.
Knock on wood.
Old 8/7/10, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
a friend put this up somewhere I thought some may like.
Attached Images  
Old 8/7/10, 10:55 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
The notch has no A/C nor will it ever.
be glad, if the motor had to lose power for the A/C, you'd never be able to move with it on!

None. Zilch. Zero. Nada.

It has Vent, Off. I was surprised that it does have power windows, mirrors, and door locks.

Does your new edge have a button above the key that you have to push in order to get the key out? It's annoying as ****.

Plus I can never find reverse. I'm so used to all the way to the right and down, but that's 6th gear.

And the clutch is WAY different than any I've ever used. It engages almost at teh top where 7 engages just barely above the bottom.

I failed to get the seller to sign a Texas Title App that I need to get it registered. He signed the back of the title and transferred it to me, but this other form has to be filled out and it must be with original signatures. Stupid freakin government. I can't get temp plates till I get the form. So he's got to go online and print one, fill it out and sign and mail it to me so I can fill it out and sign and get me registered.
the key release gets better the more you use it, and my clutch is the same way, which makes it hella funny feeling to drive something else, like my old jeep with the severly lacking clutch and sensitive gas

I joined MCA tonight.
I need to do that.

I always use the drop, I'm too concerned about denting the hod and putting handprints on the car
Old 8/7/10, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

I joined MCA tonight.
MCA well then you have to vote for Phil Clark !!! or what MCA did you mean ?
Old 8/7/10, 11:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seen worse.

Post a link in your sig.
Thanks Did that!!
Old 8/7/10, 02:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Went to the mailbox, and while I was there a Harley came by pulling a trailer that had a casket on it.
Old 8/7/10, 03:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Went to the mailbox, and while I was there a Harley came by pulling a trailer that had a casket on it.
Male or female rider ?
Jim Kaempfer, owner of the Ride In Peace Motorcycle Hearse Co., poses with a motorcycle hearse, which he calls a caisson, pulled by a Harley Davidson trike in Afton, Minn. About 75 motorcycle riders followed Kaempfer, after John DeHoop's funeral May 28 at St. Andrew's Lutheran Church in Mahtomedi.

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 8/7/10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 8/7/10, 04:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dennis ancestors must be in this pic ?

Children in the tenement district. Brockton, Massachusetts, December 1940. Reproduction from color slide. Photo by Jack Delano. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress
Old 8/7/10, 04:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Dennis ancestors must be in this pic ?

Children in the tenement district. Brockton, Massachusetts, December 1940. Reproduction from color slide. Photo by Jack Delano. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress
Nope, nobody in my family from that area.
Old 8/7/10, 04:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Male or female rider ?
Jim Kaempfer, owner of the Ride In Peace Motorcycle Hearse Co., poses with a motorcycle hearse, which he calls a caisson, pulled by a Harley Davidson trike in Afton, Minn. About 75 motorcycle riders followed Kaempfer, after John DeHoop's funeral May 28 at St. Andrew's Lutheran Church in Mahtomedi.

Male. It was a little utility trailer and the casket was strapped to it with tie downs. Kind of freaky.
Old 8/7/10, 04:55 PM

So mad right now. Been having a pretty crappy day, but that's normal most days. Then I go to church, pull up in the parking lot, and the left window won't roll up. The right one went right up, but the **** left one wouldn't budge. No way in hell I'm leaving it parked there so some moron can take whatever they want out of it, so I had to come home. God better have a **** good reason for sending me home. This car has been nothing but a money put this summer. If I could I'd trade it in for a different one I would.
Old 8/7/10, 05:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Male. It was a little utility trailer and the casket was strapped to it with tie downs. Kind of freaky.
dang poor gal ? better not be my sister in law she's been missing since July 29th
Old 8/7/10, 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Servicing an A-20 bomber. Langley Field, Virginia, July 1942. Reproduction from color slide. Photo by Alfred T. Palmer. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast