Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/10, 05:44 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Don't think so.
Old 2/21/10, 05:59 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I have one 10 and two square amps. I'd LOVE to make something like this with the etched pony and blue lights, but I want the sub to be in the middle.

That trunk looks good. Just have to make sure you get a sub on teh other side of it to even out the look.

And taking out the spare tire is a no-no. I've already had to change it once, and don't know what I'd do without it.

MAN DO I NEED TINT!!
Yes you do need tint. What are the tint laws up there where you are at?? I will have 5% all around on my Stang and Celcia and....and...

Maybe I'll ditch the spoiler for a while too. Just what to do with those holes. How hard would it be for a shop to fill them and repaint just the lid?
If you want to ditch that spoiler do so after you get a better one to install.
Old 2/21/10, 06:02 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Maybe I'll ditch the spoiler for a while too. Just what to do with those holes. How hard would it be for a shop to fill them and repaint just the lid?
It actually aint that hard to fill in the holes and repaint. The question is why go thru all that when you can just get a good trunk lid out of a wrecking yard that didnt have a wing on it and just have them repaint that.
Old 2/21/10, 06:07 PM

Tint laws up here are 50% on rears only.

Main reason I don't do that is rust. I have my old one, but the rust on it isn't very pretty. A new one would be about $200, so do you think it'd still be cheaper to fill the wholes? Painting shouldn't matter either way cost-wise, right?
Old 2/21/10, 06:14 PM

Ideas #1 and #2. Sorry, I can't draw worth a crap.

Old 2/21/10, 06:21 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Tint laws up here are 50% on rears only.

Main reason I don't do that is rust. I have my old one, but the rust on it isn't very pretty. A new one would be about $200, so do you think it'd still be cheaper to fill the wholes? Painting shouldn't matter either way cost-wise, right?
Either way they will end up painting the whole deck lid. So it might be the same cost either way you go with that. The only thing to keep in mind is that some body shops dont weld the holes shut. they just fill them with bondo.

Here is a wing that would look good on it.

Ideas #1 and #2. Sorry, I can't draw worth a crap.

Those dont look too bad. If you wanted the running pony with Mustang under it I would go with number 2 and put that on both windows with a blue neon light on top of it to make the pony and Mustang glow blue.
Old 2/21/10, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Either way they will end up painting the whole deck lid. So it might be the same cost either way you go with that. The only thing to keep in mind is that some body shops dont weld the holes shut. they just fill them with bondo.

Those dont look too bad. If you wanted the running pony with Mustang under it I would go with number 2 and put that on both windows with a blue neon light on top of it to make the pony and Mustang glow blue.
Not feeling that wing for my notch. It would looked too tacked on rather than part of the car. I'll think about the trunk lid. I need to take my notch in to get a few things fixed with the paint anyways, so I can talk to them about it then.
Old 2/21/10, 06:49 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The purple and yellow wire is some freaky ****. I've never seen that before. I've seen black. white, red, green, bare, but never purple or yellow.

Are those purple and yellow wires as thick as the rest or are they thin and flimsy.

Also, what was connected before you did this? A regular light fixture? Did you pay attention to how it was connected.

On the fan you've got your white and black those are typical. One is the hot wire the other is the common wire. Just connect those up to the white/black like the other light was. The blue is for the light on the fan. That way you can switch them independently. That's where the purple and yellow probably come in. You could run two switched out of that light switch box. One for the fan on/off and one for the light on/off. Some fans come with this switch in the box.

You can also splice the blue wire in with the white or black ( I don't remember which) and when you turn the single switch on both the light and the fan motor come on, but then you have to use the pull chains on the fan to control the lights and the motor separately.

So basically its a little different than what I'm used to. If I was there I could help out for sure.

Also don't forget that often times you can't just put a fan where a light was because the box in the ceiling was for a light fixture and not a heavy rotating fan. You need to make sure the box is strong enough to support the fan. Usually a heavy metal box with large screws in the ceiling joists or even one of those metal boxes that is supported by a metal bar that spans between the joists. If you are putting this in on the bottom floor of a two story house it can be hard to tell.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Thanks Gary, I figured it out.

There was nothikng there before, just a cap placed over the spot where i could put in a light or fan.

So I connected the purple and yellow which were heavy gauge wires, to the black and blue and then the white to the white and it works fine. my room has two switches the first controls an outlet and the second was doing nothing. I could have swaped the yellow or purple to the first one to have that to control the light on the fan and then the second switch to to the fan only, but i just have them both on the second switch and then i just have the two pull chains on the fan itself.
Old 2/21/10, 06:54 PM

How's it going Chris? Long time no see!
Old 2/21/10, 06:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to target this afternoon. So many stupid people standing in the middle of the aisles with their carts, standing at the end of aisles completely blocking off aisles, etc. Drives me nuts. And to make matters worse, their server had crashed and all their checkout computers were taking 15-20 seconds to scan each and every item. Plus they couldn't offer anyone discounts for the backup, because it was taking 10-15 minutes for the computers to apply them. All 30 some lanes were open with probably at least 4-5 people waiting in each lane. Took us probably 25-30 minutes to check out. Crazy.
Screw that, theres no way I would have waited that long.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights

If only it wasnt a 4cyl........
Old 2/21/10, 07:03 PM

Do you think I want it to be a fourbanger? As soon as I get out of college and get enough money, I'm gonna do a swap. Blown 5.0.
Old 2/21/10, 07:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Get some push in plastic hole plugs from the parts store or Home Depot, and paint the heads of them with some touch up paint until you decide whether you want to fill them permanently and go with no spoiler.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/21/10 at 07:07 PM.
Old 2/21/10, 07:12 PM

I guess there's not much else I can do. Luckily I still have some touch up paint from when they painted my car.
Old 2/21/10, 07:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you think I want it to be a fourbanger? As soon as I get out of college and get enough money, I'm gonna do a swap. Blown 5.0.
I know you don't, but even if you wanted that spoiler right now, its still a 4cyl. Just wouldn't work. Be almost in the same league as ricers.
Old 2/21/10, 07:25 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Get some push in plastic hole plugs from the parts store or Home Depot, and paint the heads of them with some touch up paint until you decide whether you want to fill them permanently and go with no spoiler.

I completely forgot all about doing that.
Old 2/21/10, 07:30 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
Thanks Gary, I figured it out.

There was nothikng there before, just a cap placed over the spot where i could put in a light or fan.

So I connected the purple and yellow which were heavy gauge wires, to the black and blue and then the white to the white and it works fine. my room has two switches the first controls an outlet and the second was doing nothing. I could have swaped the yellow or purple to the first one to have that to control the light on the fan and then the second switch to to the fan only, but i just have them both on the second switch and then i just have the two pull chains on the fan itself.
Sweet! Good job.
Old 2/21/10, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1999Pony
I know you don't, but even if you wanted that spoiler right now, its still a 4cyl. Just wouldn't work. Be almost in the same league as ricers.
I've gotten enough crap with just the stripes and cowl already. I'd be murdered for even thinking of putting a drag racing wing on the back.
Old 2/21/10, 07:43 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
I haven't taken any naps in a long time.
I took one today But I only had 4 hours of sleep last night, I needed it.

So here's a couple of pics from the concert last night. They were really good!

Old 2/21/10, 07:43 PM

Sweet Jill! Did you get front row seats?
Old 2/21/10, 07:46 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
No, we were on the floor 13th row. She actually had a little stage set up at the back of the arena and rode on her moon back there and did a few songs. That was nice, at least the peeps in the back got a good view of her too. Then she walked back to the front of the arena right next to where I was standing and was shaking hands with the fans...........including mine

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast