Road Trips Scenic Road Trips By Member NC14GT & Others

Let's talk about road trips.....

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/13 | 04:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Did anyone NOT see the Cobra R?

I took a trip today to see Bamberg, Germany so I could see the building and park where I grew up in the 80's. I took the back roads up there and the autobahn on the way back going through Nuremberg. I used twice as much gas coming back.

There's a cool looking cave I'm going to go hiking to maybe next weekend.

Bamberg Train station. When my family and I were leaving Germany in 1988 my little brother was running around and wasn't looking where he was going while being chased by a family friend. He ended up smacking his melon on a marble wall causing a glorious goose egg the size of a golf ball. He was checked out and fine to fly home back to the states the next day.

This is why I used twice as much gas on the way home.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 3/30/13 at 04:31 PM.
Old 3/30/13 | 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Small world. See my old Z3 above. Did you ever do the 'Z meet' in Maggie Valley in the Fall? We have driven those roads you mention at least a dozen times since we live so close. This year the Mustang will 'slay the dragon'. Is that the 'Fugitive' dam in that photo near Fontana?

Yep! It is the Fontana Dam. If you do the "Dragon" do it on a weekday. Back in the day you could go up there during during Cool weather and drive it like it should be driven. NOW everyone knows about it and with crowds come accidents, then the local LEO's start setting up "traps" on the weekend's.
Old 3/30/13 | 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Did anyone NOT see the Cobra R?

I took a trip today to see Bamberg, Germany so I could see the building and park where I grew up in the 80's. I took the back roads up there and the autobahn on the way back going through Nuremberg. I used twice as much gas coming back.

There's a cool looking cave I'm going to go hiking to maybe next weekend.

Bamberg Train station. When my family and I were leaving Germany in 1988 my little brother was running around and wasn't looking where he was going while being chased by a family friend. He ended up smacking his melon on a marble wall causing a glorious goose egg the size of a golf ball. He was checked out and fine to fly home back to the states the next day.

This is why I used twice as much gas on the way home.
Great pics. Must have been fun taking that speedo shot at 140+.

I love that DIB color.
Old 3/31/13 | 04:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks. Was a little nerve racking. Won't be doing that again. I mean someone else will have to take the pictures. I really need a GoPro type camera.