2024+ Ford Mustang General Discussion Forum Discuss the Newest Generation of S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Forum 7th Gen

2024 Mustang will be tough to tune {HACK RESISTANT}

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/23, 07:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 553 Likes on 359 Posts
2024 Mustang will be tough to tune {HACK RESISTANT}

Just wait until Ford sends an update to a tuned Mustang, I am guessing the tuners are going to have to find a way to block Ford from any updates after they find a way to beat the system.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/hack-re...d-mustang-tune

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/26/23 at 11:00 PM.
Old 3/4/23, 08:25 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts

Sounds like a Timeshare to me.

Old 3/4/23, 07:02 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,939 Posts
A Car That Begs to Be Bad So It can Tell On You! Am I Wrong!

Nope Nope Nope!

KC
Old 3/4/23, 10:47 PM

Hmm... I wonder if Ford will require those who buy the $70K plus Dark Horse to ware an ankle monitor?

JAWOHL, HERR KOMMANDANT!!!

Old 3/5/23, 05:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 1 COBRA
Hmm... I wonder if Ford will require those who buy the $70K plus Dark Horse to ware an ankle monitor?

JAWOHL, HERR KOMMANDANT!!!

Only to get the track app opened up.
I wonder when they start putting the self repoing and self junking software into them
Old 3/5/23, 12:58 PM

I would not be surprised. Ford's SS and Brown Shirts might be more than willing to oblige.

Something else. Auto insurance companies are offering 'discounts' to policy holders to include a provision whereby cars are monitored I believe by way of an app added to the driver's or drivers' cell phone, for the sake of safety of course. Perhaps I am cynical but that type of arrangement lends itself to justify the insurance company to deny claims, for instance, a fender bender in which the policy holder might have been driving 5 miles over the speed limit and deemed to be a contributing factor to the incident. 1984 is a bit late but it has arrived.
The following users liked this post:
AlloyPony (3/6/23)
Old 3/5/23, 01:31 PM

I would not be surprised. Ford's SS and Brown Shirts might be more than willing to oblige.

Something else. Auto insurance companies are offering 'discounts' to policy holders to include a provision whereby cars are monitored I believe by way of an app added to the driver's or drivers' cell phone, for the sake of safety of course. Perhaps I am cynical but that type of arrangement lends itself to justify the insurance company to deny claims, for instance, a fender bender in which the policy holder might have been driving 5 miles over the speed limit and deemed to be a contributing factor to the incident. 1984 is a bit late but it has arrived.
Yea These Have Been Around Awhile!
https://www.progressive.com/answers/...car-insurance/

How About the UK! Ford UK Already Has The Tech! UH OH!
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47715415

How about this NWO Idiot!
https://www.kptv.com/2022/08/24/tesl...ock-start-car/

It's This Crap I Saw Coming That Has Kept Me Cell Phone and Smart Phone Free!

Oh It's a Climate Day Folks We are Shutting Off Your Ability to Drive Your Car By Remote Sorry! If People Won't Buy Cars With this tech It Sure Would Help the Cause!

Your Most Valuable VOTE is the One you Make With Your Purchases! Don't Watch Crap on TV Either and The Will Have to Stop Making the **** Shows! It Goes On And On!

I saw this Crap Advancing in 2010 and Got Luke Warm Response. Well it's Getting **** Close!

Check the POLL Less than a Handful of these Voters Still Active.

Just A lIttle More Intrusive Surveilence Every Year Until! NOTHINGS PRIVATE!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ck-box-474639/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 3/5/23 at 01:54 PM.
Old 3/5/23, 01:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ford has their Ford Pro Telematics for Commercial vehicles and Insurance for their cars and savings for your 2020 on up
Insurance that lets you earn discounts for safe driving. Ford Insure puts you in control, offering a maximum discount of 40% from your policy. Ford Insure uses the FordPass App™** with FordPass Connect™ in your 2020 or newer model-year Ford†† to gauge your driving habits and calculate a discount based on how you drive.
Progressive has the SnapShot with the Plug in to your OBD2 port.
Ford has also had all the G info in the cars for a while, heck they even hooked it up in the Mustang in 2013 and even used it for a selling pitch so we could see it with the track apps but it was recording long before we could see it. Kind of a competition to see if I can get the numbers up in the cornering department ​​​​​​​

Old 3/5/23, 01:59 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,626 Posts
Within 5-7 years from now, it's no longer going to matter anyhow, as car manufacturers won't be producing ICE vehicles any longer, to begin with... GM and Mopar have already announced that 2024 will be their last production year for the ICE
Old 3/5/23, 02:27 PM

...Yea These Have Been Around Awhile!

Well, I am not a stranger to monitoring and surveillance. I endured working for a company for decades that was obsessed with both, and it was not a pleasant experience. So I am familiar Gestapo tactics and much rather pay more money or look for alternative services and goods that do not include having a monkey on my back.

Why should Ford make it difficult for 'their' customers who want to do whatever with the car they pay good money for? It doesn't make any sense and it certainly doesn't seem too wise to spit into the wind. Perhaps their misfortunes and setbacks with many of their products are well deserved and compensate for their arrogance.

Keep on trucking Ford!
Old 3/5/23, 04:23 PM

Well, I am not a stranger to monitoring and surveillance. I endured working for a company for decades that was obsessed with both, and it was not a pleasant experience. So I am familiar Gestapo tactics and much rather pay more money or look for alternative services and goods that do not include having a monkey on my back.

Why should Ford make it difficult for 'their' customers who want to do whatever with the car they pay good money for? It doesn't make any sense and it certainly doesn't seem too wise to spit into the wind. Perhaps their misfortunes and setbacks with many of their products are well deserved and compensate for their arrogance.

Keep on trucking Ford!
The Last Dealer I worked For had Cameras Everywhere in His Shiny New Dealerships Down the Road. His Old Step Child Dealerships Thankfully Did Not. We Were Step Children at the Ford Store!

All He cared about Was His Fancy Import Stores Also on a Bright Note He Did not Come around Much as I Would Not Wear the Company Uniforms With long Sleeves. Too **** Hot!

No If I went Back to Work Cameras Everywhere Would Be a Non Starter! On A Bright Note If He Would Have Had Cameras He Would Have seen Who Was Doing All the Work in Parts! Gee Wonder Who that Was!

KC
Old 3/6/23, 08:13 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was going over my policies with my agent a few weeks ago and this was offered to me. I declined on exactly the grounds you mentioned. Every once in a while on a sunny day and an open stretch of road in front of me I may open the 5.0 up and let her sing a little. Or what about when I go to the drag strip for Friday night Test n Tune? I do not want Big Brother sending me an insurance cancelation in the mail just because the app GPS recorded me going 112 MPH. That's frightening. So I will gladly pay the additional 15% on my premium to avoid that.

However, the REAL fear is that in the future declining this privacy invasion may not be an option. They may say "take the app or no policy" and with the power insurance companies hold over us we can't fight it when they do. Scary.... That would effectively END this hobby as we know it.

Last edited by AlloyPony; 3/6/23 at 08:15 AM.
Old 8/27/23, 10:34 AM

See Pages 22-25 Of The Owners Manual For the Big Brother Info!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...manual-550060/

Mgb,

KC
Old 8/28/23, 02:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Page 13 from my 2013 Manual
Event Data Recording This vehicle is equipped with an event data recorder (EDR). The main purpose of an EDR is to record, in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an airbag deployment or hitting a road obstacle; this data will assist in understanding how a vehicle’s systems performed. The EDR is designed to record data related to vehicle dynamics and safety systems for a short period of time, typically 30 seconds or less. The EDR in this vehicle is designed to record such data as: • How various systems in your vehicle were operating; • Whether or not the driver and passenger safety belts were buckled/fastened; • How far (if at all) the driver was depressing the accelerator and/or the brake pedal; • How fast the vehicle was travelling; • Where the driver was positioning the steering wheel (if equipped). This data can help provide a better understanding of the circumstances in which crashes and injuries occur. Note: EDR data is recorded by your vehicle only if a non-trivial crash situation occurs; no data is recorded by the EDR under normal driving conditions and no personal data or information (e.g., name, gender, age, and crash location) is recorded (see limitations regarding 911 Assist and Traffic, Directions and Information privacy below). However, parties, such as law enforcement, could combine the EDR data with the type of personally identifying data routinely acquired during a crash investigation.
BTW the 2021 F750 and 2022 F550 at work has the Ford ProTELEMATICS on it, it tells all that you have done.
Old 8/28/23, 04:44 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
Page 13 from my 2013 ManualBTW the 2021 F750 and 2022 F550 at work has the Ford ProTELEMATICS on it, it tells all that you have done.
Big brother watching!!!