Limited Edition 50th

Placed my order for a 50th anniversary today

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/14 | 06:29 PM
V6 Member

The 50th anniversary trim will be a limited build with limited colors and options you won't find on the regular 2015. More people want the 50th anniversary edition than will be produced. It is a sellers market in this case. I don't feel 2k over is a big deal for a limited run vehical. Now, 2k over for a regular 2015 model year seems silly. Congrats on getting in on it! That looks amazing in Kona Blue!
Old 4/29/14 | 06:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15

Bankers laugh their butts off at everyone that purchases a depreciating asset. They've laughed at me A LOT! Lol
That same banker owns at least one depreciating asset as well and if there married they most likely own 2.
Old 4/29/14 | 06:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Bankers laugh their butts off at everyone that purchases a depreciating asset. They've laughed at me A LOT! Lol
Its a car. Majority depreciate in value. That's the nature of an automobile. It typically depreciates.
Old 4/29/14 | 07:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
Paying over MSRP = stupid.
It's not stupid. Obviously he can afford it. And he gets to own a 50th and we don't. And a Boss. Baller. I'd do the same thing if I had the means.
Old 4/29/14 | 07:52 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Congrats I just saw the 50th and loved it!!!
Placed my order for a 50th anniversary today-image-148244119.jpg
Placed my order for a 50th anniversary today-image-2863568349.jpg
Old 4/29/14 | 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Its a car. Majority depreciate in value. That's the nature of an automobile. It typically depreciates.
I understand that. I simply countered you're comment about people overpaying for a car. Purchasing a car in general is financially speaking a bad move if you overspend or get a good deal it doesn't matter. You're wasting money either way. I'm king of being stupid with cars lol.

Last edited by Thamac15; 4/30/14 at 08:48 AM.
Old 4/29/14 | 10:02 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I understand that. I simply countered you're comment about people overpaying for a car. Purchasing a car in general is financially stupid, if you overspend or get a good deal it doesn't matter. You're wasting money either way. I'm king of being stupid with cars lol.
If you get a good deal on a car how is one wasting money?
Old 4/29/14 | 10:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I understand that. I simply countered you're comment about people overpaying for a car. Purchasing a car in general is financially stupid, if you overspend or get a good deal it doesn't matter. You're wasting money either way. I'm king of being stupid with cars lol.
Sorry, but I don't see purchasing a vehicle as wasting money. Its transportation and freedom to go places. Just because there isn't a financial gain on something, doesn't mean its financially stupid or a waste of money. Most things people buy are not for financial gain bro. That doesn't mean that people are willing that to spend over the suggested price. Overpaying thousands for a vehicle and purchasing a car for fair market value (MSRP) are not the same thing. Not even close!
Old 4/30/14 | 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

^ I agree.

I could have bought a 2011 or 2012 mustang for much much less, and maybe even a GT.

But i went with a 2014 v6. Why? because i love everything about it, also got a crazy price for it, also warranty etc.

Sure it's costing me more financially than what a 2012 would cost me. But it's my kind of transportation that i want to have.

If some is happy paying $2k over msrp, that will not ruin them financially and that certainly doesn't make them stupid.

It's what they can afford and then are happy with their purchase.

Last edited by iceD; 4/30/14 at 08:41 AM.
Old 4/30/14 | 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry, but I don't see purchasing a vehicle as wasting money. Its transportation and freedom to go places. Just because there isn't a financial gain on something, doesn't mean its financially stupid or a waste of money. Most things people buy are not for financial gain bro. That doesn't mean that people are willing that to spend over the suggested price. Overpaying thousands for a vehicle and purchasing a car for fair market value (MSRP) are not the same thing. Not even close!

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
If you get a good deal on a car how is one wasting money?
Because it's a depreciating asset,...wasted dollars. We all waste money, me more than most especially with cars. I'm simply countering people's argument that spending more than msrp and what not is the same CONCEPT of purchasing a car in general. I'm not calling anyone stupid, because I'm "stupid." Hahahaha all I'm saying is don't knock someone for spending more money on something than you would because you think it's totally stupid,...because we all bought a car that depreciates in value on a consistent basis.

Forget it, you won't understand what I'm saying, because you haven't yet. Financial intelligence isn't the thread topic. I apologize for the derailment.

Last edited by Thamac15; 4/30/14 at 08:37 AM.
Old 4/30/14 | 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JonW
I'm keeping my Boss. It's her car. She's selling her SLK to buy this car.
You're gonna have some awesome mustangs man. I'm trying to get my wife to buy a 15 gt, she's on the ropes but not get decided. She keeps bringing up my love for the new z06 that comes out next year.
Old 4/30/14 | 09:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JonW
Kinda nosy for someone who should mind their own business, aren't you?
It was your thread ! ( 4/25/14, 2:43 PM )
" Placed my order for a 50th anniversary today "
Maybe the rest of the site members don't know the order banks aren't open yet.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 4/30/14 at 09:12 AM.
Old 4/30/14 | 09:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Because it's a depreciating asset,...wasted dollars. We all waste money, me more than most especially with cars. I'm simply countering people's argument that spending more than msrp and what not is the same CONCEPT of purchasing a car in general. I'm not calling anyone stupid, because I'm "stupid." Hahahaha all I'm saying is don't knock someone for spending more money on something than you would because you think it's totally stupid,...because we all bought a car that depreciates in value on a consistent basis.

Forget it, you won't understand what I'm saying, because you haven't yet. Financial intelligence isn't the thread topic. I apologize for the derailment.
Well I agree. I wouldn't call someone stupid for spending over MSRP on a car. I personally wouldn't spend over MSRP but I guess it really depends on how desperate someone wants to own something. How bad does someone want a particular model, limited edition, etc.

Fortunate for me, I'm not desperate to own a certain model automobile so above MSRP is 100% out of the question. Even paying MSRP on a car for me is a stretch but would consider it depending on how bad I wanted that particular car.

But never, ever do I want a car that bad that I would even contemplate paying over MSRP. For those of you who are willing, Mazol Tov. Congrats and enjoy your new ride.
Old 4/30/14 | 09:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Thomas S
It's not stupid. Obviously he can afford it. And he gets to own a 50th and we don't. And a Boss. Baller. I'd do the same thing if I had the means.
........Being able to afford it doesn't make it any smarter.
I don't know GT pricing....but on a GT500, there is about 5K difference between what you pay & what the dealer pays @ MSRP.
Car dealerships know there are a lot of people with more money than brains looking to buy what they think is " limited or special ".
Every dollar over MSRP is pure profit.
I could care less how much he pays for the car, what got my attention was, " Placed an order ".......& knew it was BS.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 4/30/14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 4/30/14 | 09:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

........Being able to afford it doesn't make it any smarter.
I don't know GT pricing....but on a GT500, there is about 5K difference between what you pay & what the dealer pays @ MSRP.
Car dealerships know there are a lot of people with more money than brains looking to buy what they think is " limited or special ". Every dollar over MSRP is pure profit.
I could care less how much he pays for the car, what got my attention was, " Placed an order ".......& knew it was BS.
So are the order banks not open yet for the 50th anniversary?
Old 4/30/14 | 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You're gonna have some awesome mustangs man. I'm trying to get my wife to buy a 15 gt, she's on the ropes but not get decided. She keeps bringing up my love for the new z06 that comes out next year.
Yeah my gf (soon to be fiancé) is getting the next car. Most likely be a Fusion, but let's see if I can talk her into an EB Mustang
Old 4/30/14 | 09:56 AM
Cobra R Member

So are the order banks not open yet for the 50th anniversary?
" Sweet, JonW! I can’t wait until the order banks open. I know she’ll love it.

Deysha "
.................She doesn't think they're open & she works for Ford.
Old 4/30/14 | 10:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

" Sweet, JonW! I can’t wait until the order banks open. I know she’ll love it.

Deysha "
.................She doesn't think they're open & she works for Ford.
So now I'm confused. If the order banks are not open yet for the 50th anniversary how did the OP order his 50th anniversary edition?
Old 4/30/14 | 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

^ dealer magic
Old 4/30/14 | 10:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by iceD
^ dealer magic
Wow, that's some good magic.

Quick Reply: Placed my order for a 50th anniversary today