Limited Edition 50th

My Limited Edition body panels don't fit well.

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/15, 04:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
I'm sure there are folks that really don't care... but while those individuals certainly contribute to the problem, that's not the core issue. Service doesn't talk to Parts, Parts doesn't talk to Shipping, and in my nightmare 'Customer Care' experience, every transaction with them required something crazy like a 48 hour response. Because in my case, they had to touch base with all of the above, and it just took forever. They would tell my local dealer service manager one thing and me something else just minutes apart... and it was because nobody was talking to anybody else. This during a 27 day dealer stay for my '10 Taurus waiting on brake parts. And in my case, the dealer GM didn't know there was a problem because his service folks weren't telling him because as far as they were concerned, they were waiting on Ford. And receptionists did everything possible to keep me from talking to him. I finally told the service manager that enough was enough, and the GM needed to call me. And HE called Ford. And by some miracle, the parts that were either waiting to be shipped, or hadn't been manufactured yet, or were delayed by the distributor (we heard it all for nearly a month) showed up the next day. And on day 29 or something like that I picked up my car, filthy from sitting outside the entire time. The GM did call me the next day and sounded sincere as he apologized all over himself... but he didn't know there was a problem. And for whatever it's worth, this was the third of fourth time that vehicle was in for a brake issue it had since very early on (as did many Taurus'... I had an early one). It's just no way to treat people. I got over that, because it was my first 'bad' Ford experience. Followed by two Mustangs that were completely trouble free. But then a '13 Escape that was maybe even more miserable than the Taurus. Every time I think about it I get pissed off all over again. I like the new Mustang, and I want one. But I'm not sure I'm willing to take another chance. :-(
What sucks, is that is all out of control of the employees who are customer facing. Entirely. Even if we KNOW the process, we can't make things happen without following the chain of command. That is precisely the reason I got fired from Tesla, when I was in service - I got tired of "corporate" screwing over the owners who did the right thing and tried to work with us, while handing away the house to the pissy a** owners who b*tched and complained over and over about little things.
Old 1/5/15, 04:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
So people stop caring. In the corporate world, you're not allowed to care. If you care too much, you get squashed or you stress yourself out. It's just easier to not care.
Old 1/5/15, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deleted

Last edited by KC3333; 1/6/15 at 03:56 AM.
Old 1/6/15, 01:18 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stang1
Thank you
This past Friday I spoke with my assigned customer care rep (Autumn), she was not even aware that my car has been sitting at the dealership for the past week, yet tells me that she has been communicating with their service manager. I asked her to explain why the service manager tells me that Ford is fully aware of issues with the way the hoods are giving a lot of dealers nightmares, but she had not heard of such issues. She just held to her story. By the time we wrapped up our conversation, I was confident she realized that I did not trust anything she said and that I knew Ford could care less about my problems.

Bottom line is that I told her I wanted not even one square inch of the car repainted. Just adjust the hood the best as possible. If the back panels could be adjusted better, do it but forget the wrinkle. I'll just be on my way. A fair amount disappointed but a lot wiser.
No problem, stang1! She's on vacation until 1/12, but I’ll look into this for you.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 1/6/15 at 01:22 PM.
Old 1/6/15, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
No problem, stang1! She's on vacation until 1/12, but I’ll look into this for you.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha, it just feels like I am standing way out in left field by myself.
Old 1/6/15, 07:52 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MuddyLX
This is the hard part of working with a big corporation. Some people don't give a crap and the rest of the time, some policy is keeping them from helping. Not to mention, you are always 3 or 4 layers from someone that can actually help.
That's why, after giving the constipated middle management a chance to prove they are the problem, I write direct to the CEO. Professional and to the point. Sent certified mail for proof and delivery. Most the time senior management has no idea there is a problem because middle managers are tweaking information/withholding problems that cost money, to (falsely) earn a bonus.
Old 1/6/15, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
That's why, after giving the constipated middle management a chance to prove they are the problem, I write direct to the CEO. Professional and to the point. Sent certified mail for proof and delivery. Most the time senior management has no idea there is a problem because middle managers are tweaking information/withholding problems that cost money, to (falsely) earn a bonus.
You hit the nail on the head. I had problems with a Pontiac back in the '80's. The dealership was doing all they could but the "Regional Rep" was a jerk. The transmission clutch plates kept collapsing, a known problem, and all he would authorize was continuing repairs, in lieu of a new tranny. Being in the Air Force, this was not easy, since I could be away and my wife needed a car.

I looked up the GM CEO's home address at the base library Who's Who in Business, and sent him a very nice letter, by Certified mail, return receipt, with all the repair orders. I asked for the transmission to be replaced.

I received the return receipt card back from the Post Office..his wife had signed for it. Three days later the Dealership GM called. He said he received a telex from GMHq advising him I was to be given any car I wanted, of equal value to the one I had, or I could special order a replacement with a manual transmission using an executive order code, at no cost.

I ordered the new car with the 5 sp manual. He placed the order using the code he received and two weeks later my new car was delivered. However, I don't think you can get home addresses anymore from the Who's Who library.
Old 1/6/15, 08:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
You hit the nail on the head.

I received the return receipt card back from the Post Office..his wife had signed for it. Three days later the Dealership GM called. He said he received a telex from GMHq advising him I was to be given any car I wanted, of equal value to the one I had, or I could special order a replacement with a manual transmission using an executive order code, at no cost.

I ordered the new car with the 5 sp manual. He placed the order using the code he received and two weeks later my new car was delivered. However, I don't think you can get home addresses anymore from the Who's Who library.
Excellent outcome!
I typically go to the corporations website, investor relations. You get a list of officers and directors, corporate address where they work.
Now to find the home address takes some digging but can be done, Like you proved!
Old 1/6/15, 08:37 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. I had problems with a Pontiac back in the '80's. The dealership was doing all they could but the "Regional Rep" was a jerk. The transmission clutch plates kept collapsing, a known problem, and all he would authorize was continuing repairs, in lieu of a new tranny. Being in the Air Force, this was not easy, since I could be away and my wife needed a car. I looked up the GM CEO's home address at the base library Who's Who in Business, and sent him a very nice letter, by Certified mail, return receipt, with all the repair orders. I asked for the transmission to be replaced. I received the return receipt card back from the Post Office..his wife had signed for it. Three days later the Dealership GM called. He said he received a telex from GMHq advising him I was to be given any car I wanted, of equal value to the one I had, or I could special order a replacement with a manual transmission using an executive order code, at no cost. I ordered the new car with the 5 sp manual. He placed the order using the code he received and two weeks later my new car was delivered. However, I don't think you can get home addresses anymore from the Who's Who library.

Now that's the way it's done

Impressive

Old 1/6/15, 10:20 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Now that's the way it's done Impressive
Agree!
Old 1/7/15, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You hit the nail on the head. I had problems with a Pontiac back in the '80's. The dealership was doing all they could but the "Regional Rep" was a jerk. The transmission clutch plates kept collapsing, a known problem, and all he would authorize was continuing repairs, in lieu of a new tranny. Being in the Air Force, this was not easy, since I could be away and my wife needed a car.

I looked up the GM CEO's home address at the base library Who's Who in Business, and sent him a very nice letter, by Certified mail, return receipt, with all the repair orders. I asked for the transmission to be replaced.

I think the key phrase here is: "his wife signed for it". It's amazing what can happen when the little woman gets involved
Old 1/8/15, 09:53 AM
V6 Member

To the op, any updates?
Old 1/9/15, 09:07 AM

Thank you Deysha, it just feels like I am standing way out in left field by myself.
You're welcome, stang1!

Deysha
Old 1/11/15, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Any updates?
Old 1/11/15, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
Any updates?
Not much to update, Deysha was kind enough to do a followup for me and sent me an update by e-mail. It appears that the service manager told the Ford customer care rep. on 12/30/14 that I would wait until after the holidays to address the issues with my car ( my car was in fact already there waiting to be worked on). Then on 1/2/15 the service manager told. the rep. that all I wanted done was aline the hood ( i had said to try to fix the hood and readjust the back panels, also let the ding guy fix the dent on the hood and to do whatever he could with the wrinkle at the back panel, I only stressed that I was against any painting of the car because I felt would have a negative impact on the value).

So it has now been over 10 days since I have been told anything concerning the progress of my car, the service manager seems to be unavailable when I call the dealership and does not return my numerous messages. The Ford customer care rep is on vacation.
Old 1/11/15, 07:46 PM
V6 Member

Not much to update, Deysha was kind enough to do a followup for me and sent me an update by e-mail. It appears that the service manager told the Ford customer care rep. on 12/30/14 that I would wait until after the holidays to address the issues with my car ( my car was in fact already there waiting to be worked on). Then on 1/2/15 the service manager told. the rep. that all I wanted done was aline the hood ( i had said to try to fix the hood and readjust the back panels, also let the ding guy fix the dent on the hood and to do whatever he could with the wrinkle at the back panel, I only stressed that I was against any painting of the car because I felt would have a negative impact on the value). So it has now been over 10 days since I have been told anything concerning the progress of my car, the service manager seems to be unavailable when I call the dealership and does not return my numerous messages. The Ford customer care rep is on vacation.
The only way I could get help from Ford with a problem I had with my Mustang was to have my dealer go to bat for me. Just saying.
Old 1/12/15, 07:24 AM

Not much to update, Deysha was kind enough to do a followup for me and sent me an update by e-mail. ...
She should be back today, stang1. Be sure to address the miscommunication with her and keep me updated.

Deysha
Old 1/12/15, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
She should be back today, stang1. Be sure to address the miscommunication with her and keep me updated.

Deysha
Hi Deysha, would you be able to put me in touch with someone in Ford that is over Autumn. I would just like Ford to buy this car back and I know that I will get nowhere with her. I saved a long time to buy this car and I have no desire anymore to keep it, all I want is my money back and forget this whole event. Thank you, Alan.
Old 1/12/15, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

Dave ! As far as I'm concerned, all these panel, paint and hood issues with this car are not acceptable to say the very least, as I'm pretty sure you would feel the very same way if it were your brand new LE Mustang
A week after I purchased my mustang the check engine light came on and the engine was misfiring. I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times before it was fixed. Was I pissed? Yes! Did I ask Ford for a new car. Nope, because they fixed it before the lemon law would apply.

I've had body work done on my mustang as well. The hood repainted twice and the rear bumper painted as well. My truck lid had to be realigned due to it rubbing the paint off my bumper! I've had these issues and a plethora of other significant issues with my 2013 mustang and Ford still won't buy back my car. I know what the OP is going through and it sucks.

OP, there is no way Ford will buy back your car. Let them fix it, if they can't fix it you might have a buy back!
Old 1/12/15, 09:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dave07
A week after I purchased my mustang the check engine light came on and the engine was misfiring. I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times before it was fixed. Was I pissed? Yes! Did I ask Ford for a new car. Nope, because they fixed it before the lemon law would apply.

I've had body work done on my mustang as well. The hood repainted twice and the rear bumper painted as well. My truck lid had to be realigned due to it rubbing the paint off my bumper! I've had these issues and a plethora of other significant issues with my 2013 mustang and Ford still won't buy back my car. I know what the OP is going through and it sucks.

OP, there is no way Ford will buy back your car. Let them fix it, if they can't fix it you might have a buy back!
Agreed. I don't think Ford will buy it back for the issues listed. They have to have an opportunity to correct them.

Quick Reply: My Limited Edition body panels don't fit well.