GT

Put on a Steeda Racing Short Throw Shifter Today!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/17, 07:05 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Put on a Steeda Racing Short Throw Shifter Today!

Just got a new 2017 Grabber Blue before they stop making the color for awhile, put on a Roush Axelback and just got back some hours ago from Steeda in Pompano Beach FL, where they installed their short throw shifter (complete with Steeda WHITE ball).

Shifter is awesome, love the height, and the feel of the ball. Coming from factory, wife and I are trying to adjust to it. It's a bit odd at first, first gear is to the LEFT. If you aren't careful you'll try to take off in 3rd. Shifting to 2nd has, for me at times, been an adventure, sometimes it feels like 2nd is straight back, sometimes it feels like I have consciously again, veer a bit toward my body to find it.

3rd is fine as long as you remember....don't shift like you would a normal car, or you'l be in 5th LOL. Very short movement to get there. Drove my daughter to a cheerleading practice across town tonight. For about half the journey I was struggling a bit, by the time I drove back home I was much more comfortable.

I think it's just getting used to it.

Noise? OK I the car seems LOUDER. Like, noticeably louder....like you can REALLY hear the ROUSH now. Gear noise? Well, to tell the truth I was hearing some kind of noise since we bought the car, just enough to notice it a bit. Still do, but doesn't sound like the shifter added any noise. Saw some guy on YouTube complaining about "heat " from one of these shifters, have NO idea what he's talking about.

Great addition to the new car. Tune is next, have financially recover a bit

BTW, guys at Steeda were super all around.

Tom
Old 3/16/17, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Tom,

Many thanks for your feedback & installation ... glad to hear you are happy!

I will let the team know of the kind words

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/22/17, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oceantracks
Just got a new 2017 Grabber Blue before they stop making the color for awhile, put on a Roush Axelback and just got back some hours ago from Steeda in Pompano Beach FL, where they installed their short throw shifter (complete with Steeda WHITE ball).

Shifter is awesome, love the height, and the feel of the ball. Coming from factory, wife and I are trying to adjust to it. It's a bit odd at first, first gear is to the LEFT. If you aren't careful you'll try to take off in 3rd. Shifting to 2nd has, for me at times, been an adventure, sometimes it feels like 2nd is straight back, sometimes it feels like I have consciously again, veer a bit toward my body to find it.

3rd is fine as long as you remember....don't shift like you would a normal car, or you'l be in 5th LOL. Very short movement to get there. Drove my daughter to a cheerleading practice across town tonight. For about half the journey I was struggling a bit, by the time I drove back home I was much more comfortable.

I think it's just getting used to it.

Noise? OK I the car seems LOUDER. Like, noticeably louder....like you can REALLY hear the ROUSH now. Gear noise? Well, to tell the truth I was hearing some kind of noise since we bought the car, just enough to notice it a bit. Still do, but doesn't sound like the shifter added any noise. Saw some guy on YouTube complaining about "heat " from one of these shifters, have NO idea what he's talking about.

Great addition to the new car. Tune is next, have financially recover a bit

BTW, guys at Steeda were super all around.

Tom

Just go out and get it. Don't think about it. It's what Ford should have put on if it hadn't cheaped out. While you're at it, replace the chintzy plastic reverse lockout collar with the billet one and the shift **** with Steeda's round ball shift ****. Totally changes the feel and drivability of the car.

Last edited by Cdz12250; 3/22/17 at 01:16 PM.