GT

Not entirely sold on CAI and Tune

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/19, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Not entirely sold on CAI and Tune

Recently installed a Roush CAI and tune from Brenspeed. I previously had a Steeda CAI and Brenspeed tune on my '06. I absolutely loved it. Woke the car up. Instant acceleration and power whenever I needed.

With my '17, I do notice a little bit of a quicker response, but still doesn't feel as snappy as it should be. Or at least could be. Also in the process of the new tune, I've noticed that they've eliminated the down-shift growl I would normally have when in Sport or Track mode. Kinda liked that.

I'm going to reprogram it, and re-learn it again. What is it, let idle for 5, then AC for 5, then drive normal for 100 miles? I was anxious to test it out, so I didn't really do all that. But not sure if that would add back in the downshift growl. But will hopefully fix the issue I have when it downshifts from 3rd to 2nd. Every time it feels like a firm press of the brakes. But only from 3rd to 2nd. *This is an automatic.

How has your CAI and Tune experience been?
Old 4/30/22, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush CAI (Remove the insert when you get a tune) and Bama 93 PERFORMANCE tune not RACE tune .... you wont be disappointed I promise you ...they have safe reliable tunes that wont **** up your car and you will notice a good gain from their tunes as well... their customer service has been great towards me, they accidently sent me a 93 race tune with my 2 free tunes instead of performance tunes...and since I am enrolled into the free tunes for life they sent me over the 93 Performance tune with no issues what so ever... I also got a 91 Perf tune as well because I do travel to South Carolina once in a while and 93 is hard to find down there. But i'd say go Bama and Roush... Roush is a enclosed system with the ram air going to the Grill like the stock system ... my AIT's are right there with the ambient temps at all times and I just think its a great all around well built system for these cars.