GT

Need opinions on 2015 GT performance package

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/15, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the Brakes

I'd have gone for it just for the brakes but with inventories depleted it would have been an extra 4K and out of budget. The GT brakes have been more than adequate for my purposes. The Shaker PKG would be a better investment IMHO.
Old 9/12/15, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

I've had my PP car for about two weeks now I guess, and I mostly hover around 14 mpg in the city. Only been on 95 once so far, and not long enough to really get a good idea about how it does. Though I tell you, for most of the first tank I was down in single digits, even trying to baby it. Took me a little while to get used to the gearing, coming from a 07 GT.
Old 10/26/15, 11:33 AM
GT Member

The PP 3.73 rear is a Torsen limited slip differential also. If it was just a matter of gear ratios, there would be more thought put into it. But the limited slip, and that it's the only rear offered with the PP, made the choice a no-brainer for me. 2013 and 2016 now.
Old 11/9/15, 11:36 AM

My car is a 2105 GT (non-PP) with automatic transmission and 3.55 gears. I wanted to go with the PP, but it is only available with a manual. So I decided to go with non-PP and upgrade some of the suspension parts, which is the only real difference between PP and non-PP.

I have 4700 miles on the car and have never reset the odometer which gives me a continuous MPG reading. I drive 40 miles per day to work and back, mostly in the Normal default drive mode. MPG moves back and forth between 19.8 and 19.9. This is with 3.55 gears and about 50-60 MPH on the freeway in Nashville, TN. I also give her an aggressive workout on the weekends in the Sport mode. Exclusively 93 octane.
Old 11/9/15, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by 101Charley
My car is a 2105 GT (non-PP) with automatic transmission and 3.55 gears. I wanted to go with the PP, but it is only available with a manual. So I decided to go with non-PP and upgrade some of the suspension parts, which is the only real difference between PP and non-PP.

I have 4700 miles on the car and have never reset the odometer which gives me a continuous MPG reading. I drive 40 miles per day to work and back, mostly in the Normal default drive mode. MPG moves back and forth between 19.8 and 19.9. This is with 3.55 gears and about 50-60 MPH on the freeway in Nashville, TN. I also give her an aggressive workout on the weekends in the Sport mode. Exclusively 93 octane.
I did the non pp and upgraded the suspension. Came with factory LS 3.55. Personally installed Steeda sway bars, springs, strut tower brace, extreme g k brace, subframe braces, shifter mount & trans bushing insert. The car is incredible. Not many options for dampers so waiting on those.
Old 11/9/15, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I did the non pp and upgraded the suspension. Came with factory LS 3.55. Personally installed Steeda sway bars, springs, strut tower brace, extreme g k brace, subframe braces, shifter mount & trans bushing insert. The car is incredible. Not many options for dampers so waiting on those.
Glad to hear it ... we are currently in development of our dampers ... stay tuned!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 11/11/15, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by earl610

This is precisely what I am planning. Steeda sway bars and mounts, progressive springs, strut tower brace, extreme g-trac brace3, IRS subframe braces, and subframe bushing supports, and probably Viking Warrior shocks. I will drive her down to Valdosta and have Steeda install it all. Soon I hope. Just a question of $ right now.
Old 11/11/15, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by 101Charley
This is precisely what I am planning. Steeda sway bars and mounts, progressive springs, strut tower brace, extreme g-trac brace3, IRS subframe braces, and subframe bushing supports, and probably Viking Warrior shocks. I will drive her down to Valdosta and have Steeda install it all. Soon I hope. Just a question of $ right now.
Nice! I watched the videos from CJ Pony and did the work with my sons. Never did anything like that before. Probably never again. But it was worth it. Next time I'll be too old. I'm in Sacramento area. Not sure about who to trust w such work. As it is I know every issue faced and how we dealt with them. There were several. One subframe bolt was a serious problem. Was patient with it so it's good but there is an alignment issue w the subframe I believe. Someone else might have rammed it in w a gun. I think possibly it was driven hard over speed bumps at dealer. Added Vertical links and adjustable rear toe links last night. Took 7 hours. The vertical link bottom bolts would not line up until I sweet talked it for an hour or 2.
Old 11/11/15, 09:47 AM

Nice! I watched the videos from CJ Pony and did the work with my sons. Never did anything like that before. Probably never again. But it was worth it. Next time I'll be too old. I'm in Sacramento area. Not sure about who to trust w such work. As it is I know every issue faced and how we dealt with them. There were several. One subframe bolt was a serious problem. Was patient with it so it's good but there is an alignment issue w the subframe I believe. Someone else might have rammed it in w a gun. I think possibly it was driven hard over speed bumps at dealer. Added Vertical links and adjustable rear toe links last night. Took 7 hours. The vertical link bottom bolts would not line up until I sweet talked it for an hour or 2.

Before started last night <br/><br/>

Vertical links and adjustable toe links
Old 2/14/16, 07:49 PM

20 at best!

Im also in Southern California and drive the freeway a lot to work. The best I can get is 20mpg highway cruising in 6th and I do have the PP. I look at the MPG a lot and I would say the average is 18-19 overall.

Mike
Old 2/28/16, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

Makes more sense to me, rather than get the non-pp options and then dump thousands into brakes and suspension, the shorter route would be get the pp and then spend $200 + install for a 3.55 or lower ring & pinion.
Old 3/10/16, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by clintoris
Makes more sense to me, rather than get the non-pp options and then dump thousands into brakes and suspension, the shorter route would be get the pp and then spend $200 + install for a 3.55 or lower ring & pinion.
Well makes sense, but you'd have factory height, bounce, less firm cornering. So that's not 200+install. ($600?). It's much more. I think the pp adv is in braking: 6 ft at 55 mph. Or something like that. Plus less risk of overheating brakes on extended high perf situations. Would cost me a lot to match that. A lot. Just don't need it for my purposes. I'd have gone w pp but got nag , premium pig, 20" foundry. Love the set up. Would have been nice to have brembos. Also, the 355 is pretty low. In traffic seems like more shifting. Definitely like the 355.
Old 3/10/16, 08:41 PM

Well makes sense, but you'd have factory height, bounce, less firm cornering. So that's not 200+install. ($600?). It's much more. I think the pp adv is in braking: 6 ft at 55 mph. Or something like that. Plus less risk of overheating brakes on extended high perf situations. Would cost me a lot to match that. A lot. Just don't need it for my purposes. I'd have gone w pp but got nag , premium pig, 20" foundry. Love the set up. Would have been nice to have brembos. Also, the 355 is pretty low. In traffic seems like more shifting. Definitely like the 355.
Sorry for the typos. Stupid iPhone not able to view full screen