GT

2016 Mustang are rolling down the assembly line

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/15, 08:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man. Make sure you put an oil catch can on her.
Old 12/1/15, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Remenant
Congrats man. Make sure you put an oil catch can on her.
For real, haha Picked my 2016 gt on October 27 and just now have 1000 mi on her. In that period of time with my JLT catch can on it I have caught about 2 or so Tablespoons of oil. Its crazy!! SO HAPPY I picked one up before I bought the car

Did you also just buy a mustang?? If so, I got a question for you about the transmission
Old 12/1/15, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

Absolutely I got mine on the 2nd of Nov. had the JTL can right after I ordered.
Old 12/1/15, 09:10 PM

Absolutely I got mine on the 2nd of Nov. had the JTL can right after I ordered.
Assuming you've got a GT 6 speed, have you noticed any transmission noises?? Im noticing some clunking into gear in the mornings when the transmission is cold as well as gear whine in each gear (sounds like a faint whipple supercharger whine) all the time and a clunking sound when you press the clutch down sort of quickly... and last im noticing a "thud" when you are in neutral at a stoplight and you go to put it into first... cant figure out what it might be.... Thing is, I actually work at Ford as a tech and have talked to my transmission tech and he says that it is "normal" for these transmissions.... I kinda of see him saying that just so he doesn't have to do a warranty repair on my transmission...it doesn't pay sh*t haha So what im asking is, are you having the same or at least one of the same problems??
Old 12/1/15, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

I have a track pack but yeah myself and several others on this forum have the same thing. Mostly clinching sounds in neutral or even when in first but going around 5-10mph in a parking lot. I haven't had a whine yet but I also have some clunking moving into and out the gears. Some days are worse than others and I always warm up the car before I move it. Aside from feeling the clutch is a bit touchy I have no clue what those sounds are.
Old 12/1/15, 09:24 PM
V6 Member

Here is the link to the other thread which has been startedhttps://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/manual-transmission-whine-clunk-539335/
That way you can also ask the guys.
Old 12/1/15, 09:27 PM

I have a track pack but yeah myself and several others on this forum have the same thing. Mostly clinching sounds in neutral or even when in first but going around 5-10mph in a parking lot. I haven't had a whine yet but I also have some clunking moving into and out the gears. Some days are worse than others and I always warm up the car before I move it. Aside from feeling the clutch is a bit touchy I have no clue what those sounds are.
Next time you get in to drive, make sure everything is turned off and start driving and see if you hear any sort of whining... like I said, it isnt horrendously loud, just enough when you dont have the radio on you hear this "supercharger" whine from the transmission in each gear. haha not saying i completely hate it...makes it sound like a got a supercharger...but being a tech and all i gotta fix everything haha just wanna make sure that the car i just paid 40k for isn't going to go to ****

First time i've owned a mustang, especially with the **** mt82 tranny... so for all i know this is normal and will never go away haha
Old 12/2/15, 07:13 AM
V6 Member

I haven't noticed any whines at all, but I also get that thud when going into first from neutral at lights. Only the first time though, so if you shift back to neutral and back to first, it doesn't do it.