GT

2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Suspension Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/16, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Suspension Ideas

Hi All,

New to the forum, but Have had my '15 GT since it came out. Regardless, one of the reasons I bought the car (aside from the fact that I've always wanted one) is because it has an IRS. That being said, it's still a bit sloppy - fair bit of body roll, and just not all that tidy in the turns. While it does occasionally go to the track, what I am trying to achieve is a dramatic reduction in body roll, while not putting my back out of joint on regular roads. That being said, *stiffer-than-average* is something I can live with. Any ideas? I was looking around and both AmericanMuscle and CJPonyParts have a Ford Performance "Track" handling package - lowers things, and includes coil-overs, sway bars, you name it. Does anyone have any experience with this or better recommendations? I'd rather not drill any holes, but if necessary, will do so. I have a set of quikjacks and normally do most of my own car work. I'd REALLY prefer not to weld anything. Thanks in advance!!
Old 9/12/16, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hello,

Great questions - Steeda has been doing a lot of work improving the suspension on the S550.

We have some great kits that will sure up the rear-end while giving you optimal handling - without sacrificing ride quality.

With that being said, send me an email to tim@steeda.com & we can look at your budget & start to look at a package that suits your needs.

Here is a great video from one of our partners:

I look forward to working with you & building your suspension.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 9/20/16, 06:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I recently installed Steeda's progressive lowering springs on my '16 GT. The drop was 1" at the rear and about 1.25" at the front, just as advertised. The car's stance now looks more aggressive and the handling is definitely improved with less body roll. The ride quality is just like stock with just a tweak more stiffness. I just have to be a little more aware of curbs and speed bumps. I will make additional changes in the future (mostly in the rear), but the lowering springs were a good place to start.
Old 9/20/16, 07:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by PTParks
I recently installed Steeda's progressive lowering springs on my '16 GT. The drop was 1" at the rear and about 1.25" at the front, just as advertised. The car's stance now looks more aggressive and the handling is definitely improved with less body roll. The ride quality is just like stock with just a tweak more stiffness. I just have to be a little more aware of curbs and speed bumps. I will make additional changes in the future (mostly in the rear), but the lowering springs were a good place to start.
Great feedback & we can help with the rear too

Let me know if I can help on your future build!

Best Regards,

TJ