GT

10-Speed Auto or 6-Speed Manual

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/17, 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
That OR

it gives you an option to fondle your lady parts while you're bored out of your effen mind with your right foot on the throttle and your left hand on the wheel.
Old 4/17/17, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
Everyone has needs.
Old 4/17/17, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tourer
Originally Posted by NVR2mchHP
I laughed out loud - seeing his reaction to putting his foot into it!
If the 10 spd can handle Camaro's 650 HP - the 2018 Mustang will be fine at 435-455 HP.
Chevy reinforced and changed the gearing to handle the ZL1 power delivery.
Old 4/17/17, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
If you're looking for nothing but smooth shifts and 0-xxx performance go with the Auto.

If you actually want to be involved in the driving of the car get the Manual. It's really as simple as that.

My 6-speed is slower than the newer autos. I can't match the shift speed. It is going to be smoother than me half the time. But I wouldn't trade my manual if you paid me. I can drop the clutch in any gear, I can skip 3 gears and go directly to where I want to be, and a single well executed heal-and-toe downshift is more rewarding than 2700 lever pulls.

So do you actually want to drive your car or no? Otherwise Uber is a good choice too.
I always find it puzzling when fans of manual trans cars get all upset that others prefer the new, better automatics. Yes, on a road course a manual gives you more control, but most of us never drive our cars on a road course. The fact remains that modern automatic transmissions out perform any manual trans in almost every driving situation. That's not even taking into account the real live F1 type auto trans that can shift at full throttle in less that 30 milliseconds. Those, at least the best of them, are all dual clutch automatics. No manual can come anywhere close to those trannies. Sure, many people love rowing through the gears all day every day but it's simply no longer necessary.
Old 4/17/17, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by GTRacerX.
because have to keep my other hand free for my 9mm and other things.
You read my mind.
Old 4/19/17, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by BILLY396
I always find it puzzling when fans of manual trans cars get all upset that others prefer the new, better automatics. Yes, on a road course a manual gives you more control, but most of us never drive our cars on a road course. The fact remains that modern automatic transmissions out perform any manual trans in almost every driving situation. That's not even taking into account the real live F1 type auto trans that can shift at full throttle in less that 30 milliseconds. Those, at least the best of them, are all dual clutch automatics. No manual can come anywhere close to those trannies. Sure, many people love rowing through the gears all day every day but it's simply no longer necessary.
I don't get it either, but the solution which seems preferable for you is also just around the corner.

If you want to be removed from the driving experience all together, Autonomous ride sharing services will be here later this year or early next year. And autonomous personal vehicles will be a reality by 2022.

Oh, and even with the 10 seed auto the ZL1 is still faster round the track with the Manual. I'll keep mine

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/19/17 at 07:26 PM.